1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Amazon TV] The Boys - Season 3

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by boomboom, Oct 17, 2021.

1. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

2. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

S4E4 - nutz! So many dramatic twists. Dildo fight.

I don't think there's any way Giancarlo is going to disappear from this show. He's got to have a backup plan up his sleeves...like maybe he's a supe too. He seems to be the only person who absolutely doesn't give AF about Homelander and his powers. Speaking of Homelander, Starr's portrayal is absolutely awesome. His acting is ridiculously good.

Also...I don't see how Hughie doesn't try to become a permanent supe...so that he won't lose Starlight.

#42 boomboom, Jun 10, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2022
    Kim, GRENDEL, cmoak1982 and 2 others like this.
  3. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I haven’t seen any of season three yet and will avoid the spoilers. With most streaming shows I’ve waited until the season was done and then binged it in a couple of days.

Jontro likes this.
  4. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Homelander . . that actor is fantastic

Rocket River

Kim, Andre0087, DreamShook and 4 others like this.
  5. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

You wouldn't understand... you know, ughh, Jew... lulz

Jontro likes this.
  6. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

AND NOW . .. He will be at ComicPalooza

Rocket River

7. Buck Turgidson

I watched 2+ seasons of The Boys before I realized where I'd seen him before: Banshee

Kim, Castor27 and RunninRaven like this.
  8. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

9. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Is it wrong to start getting sick of the gratuitous genital shots but not the gratuitous hamburger violence?

10. Jontro

Jontro Member

ikr, we need some queen meave vagene closeups. i also won’t mind starlight’s. this is the era of equality, vagene isn’t worse than pp

11. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Soldier Boy >>>>>>> Homelander

Homelander is a boring narcist psychopath. Soldier boy little more interesting.

12. Invisible Fan

More this, less taint shots or wtf that was

Andre0087 and Jontro like this.
  13. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Herogasm episode. Hole-y ****.

Andre0087 likes this.
  14. Xenon

Xenon Contributing Member

The episode was amazing, but was it really necessary to put some dudes butthole on the screen for several seconds?

Andre0087 likes this.
  15. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

Season 3 of Preacher was where it got too annoying for me to watch. I'm not quite there with this show, but it makes me wonder if it's a Seth Rogen trend.

16. Jontro

Jontro Member

iono breh. soldier boy has a wooden personality like jon snow. homelander is a right c*** who steals every scene like midget lannister.

heypartner and Andre0087 like this.
  17. Invisible Fan

Yeah, the showrunner must've loved making (or clicking on) meatspin troll links back in the day.

Jontro and Andre0087 like this.
  18. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

Yeah, I could have lived without that...lol the Lincoln tunnel.

19. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

I'd agree with you guys that the vulgar nudity is hitting diminishing returns. Everything else about the show is good.

clos4life, boomboom and Rocket River like this.
  20. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I didn't realize that the season wasn't quite finished and started watching this weekend. All caught up. Man this show knows how to hit the cringe factor up to 11. At this point, the thing I'm hoping most for is Kimicho and Frenchie to go off into the sunset and live happily ever after. I'm thinking that's like 50/50, though. That final fight at the end of the last episode was pretty epic. Almost made up for the eyeball searing I experienced from that toilet cam. I feel like, at this point, the only male genital line this show hasn't crossed has been showing a full on erect penis. I wonder if that is coming (get it?).

And for getting equality in nudity, while Herogasm gave a lot of everything, I wouldn't expect to start getting female genital shots to even things out. I think the male nudity is as much a social commentary as the rest of the show's bludgeon-you-over-the-head politics. I think they are doing it as a joke because there has been so much more female nudity in cinema/TV historically. Plus, this show is putting way more effort into being funny than it is trying to be sexy. And let's face it, dicks are funny, vulvas not so much.

Having said all that, I'm enjoying the hell out of this season and I'll keep watching this show as long as they want to make it. Totally agreed on Starr's performance. And as Buck pointed out, he's the star(r) on the only Cinemax (Starrz?) show called Banshee. That show is incredibly underrated (and provides a LOT of the female nudity that people are hoping for in this thread --- plenty of action too).