1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

More annoying? WOKE or RED PILLED folks

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Ubiquitin, May 4, 2022.

1. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This forum spends too much energy ******** on the same WOKE mentality while ignoring the 600 lb elephant: RED PILLED folks.

The “I used to be a liberal but they got mad at me for making fun of Gays or Transgender people” or the “I will destroy you with facts and logic!!” Or my favorite “Elon Musk and Jeff Bezos are daddy and you’re an art school drop out”.

these aren’t your conservatives of the 2000s but they’re the foot soldiers in the meme army for the conservative movement today.

There are at least 6 of these red pillers here on CF on my ignore list.

10x more annoying personality too.

You know people whose personalities are Joe Rogan Tim Pool and Ben Shapiro.

As Michael Jackson said: you gotta start with the man in the mirror.

2. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

3. subtomic

subtomic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

So I think the last two posts have somewhat blurred the lines between "annoying" and "threatening."

Even as a die-hard progressive, I can see how some of the language and tone of woke discussions can be annoying the same way someone who insists that laser guns in Star Wars be referred to as "blasters."

I do not find the language used by the far right annoying, save for some of the "white men are the biggest victims" complaining to which the right is prone. I find most of it terrifying.

4. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

In history I've never seen an example of "woke" egalitarian regime, party etc eventually lead to a authoritarian fascist state.

There is countless examples of "red pilled" brownshirt types taking control and turning a county into a fascist genocidal regime.

So if history has any bearing on this convo, then one would be rationally more concerned about "red pilled" types.

VooDooPope and deb4rockets like this.
  5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

This is why we need congress to enact laws about social media and have standards.

The WOKE crowd cares for the greater society, the Red Plunderers only care about themselves.

DD

Rashmon, deb4rockets, Xopher and 2 others like this.
  6. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I remember when woke was about being cognizant of black people and culture... for about a month. Then it got hijacked by white ppl and was changed into some catch-all for ever-shifting standards on all things.

As for red pilled people... seems stupid as well but I don't know exactly what it means.

Rashmon, Xopher, Deckard and 10 others like this.
  7. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

This times a billion trillion million.

8. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

9. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

How about just calling out stupid MF'ers that can't get laid even with all their bitcoin, for being stupid MF'ers. Stupidity is not a protected class.

10. Reeko

Reeko Member

funny enough, the Matrix was written and produced by 2 trans people

11. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

The ease and comfort with which the Red Pillers use violent rhetoric to establish their views is alarming. They firmly believe that a violent civil war is what's needed to wipe out "wokeism", and have no problems threatening the lives of people they deem as the "enemy". And they brandish the 2nd Amendment like a Golden Ticket that protects their right to blow your head off for disagreeing with them. Just today, I passed a truck covered in 2A window stickers with the words, "God Bless Snipers" with a stick figure of a sniper shooting another stick figure in the head (blood spurting out of the head). And unsurprisingly, there was a Trump sticker as well as a Let's Go Brandon sticker. Imagine being so pathological in your blood thirst that you feel ok driving around in public advertising the fact that you think ending human lives is a protected right.

Ironically, these same people are celebrating what SCOTUS just did while they claim they're the only ones who care about innocent lives.

jiggyfly likes this.
  12. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I think our own @Will comes close to explaining it, in his pinned article, which is definitely worth a full read.

13. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Red pill people think they are "woke" hence the reason to take the pill.

Just because you think you are "woke" does not make you right and progressives can be totalitarian as well, just look at how they went after people who liked Biden.

You might need to actually look at history instead of selecting and interpreting what you want.

14. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

The very act of taking the pill is supposed to waking up oneself thereby being in a constant state of woke.

You are right, the entire thing needs to be retired it was just a way of being able to look down on somebody else which is a problem in itself.

Sajan likes this.
  15. fchowd0311

Who went after Biden and what happened?

16. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

You went after Biden and a lot of your progressive buddies.

Are you really going to try and deny this?

17. fchowd0311

Let me get this straight, disagreeing with Biden or preferring another candidate in the primaries eventually leads to totalitarianism?

Like what did we specifically do? Did we like storm DNC headquarters or something?

LosPollosHermanos likes this.
  18. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Let me tell you straight, you and your brethren did a lot more than disagree, did you forget the whole groping thing or the senile thing?

If you now try and act like this did not happen, you are no better than the republicans you harp on so much.

But like I said leading up to the nomination, there was not a lot of separation from those talking points by the far left and the right.

Ubiquitin likes this.
  19. fchowd0311

The groping thing? That was a right wing attack on Biden. I'm pretty sure I was called a pedo by certain right wing posters here for saying Biden isn't a pedo because he hugs kids in photo ops.

Maybe target your accusations more accurately?

Not a single left leaning poster on Clutchfans was making those claims about Biden.

20. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

fchowd0311 likes this.