1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Are the Timberwolves bowing out without a fight? Join us as we watch the NBA playoffs together...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Americans are a ‘Silly people’. China is laughing

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by tinman, Mar 13, 2021.

?

Gringo show

1. Has points

3 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. Not as good as that PJ Tucker gringo

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I know it’s not this PJ Tucker you guys keep posting videos of
    @Os Trigonum
    but I think he has some good points

#1 tinman, Mar 13, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2021
    Nook, whag00, dachuda86 and 3 others like this.
  2. tinman

Supporting Member

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

Definitely silly people. Like putting Gorilla Glue in your hair for TikTok likes. :D

“You know doesn’t care there’s a stereotype of a Chinese man in a Dr. Seuss book? China. All 1.4B of them could give a crouching tiger flying ****.”

“Half the country is having a never ending woke competition deciding whether Mr. Potato Head has a dick and the other half believes we have to stop the lizard people because they’re eating babies. We are a silly people.”

“Nothing ever moves in this impacted colon of a country. We see a problem and ignore it, lie about it, fight about it, endlessly litigate it, kick it down the road and then write a bill where a half ass solution doesn’t kick in for 10 years. China sees a problem and they fix it. They build a dam. We debate what to rename it.”

“We binge watch. They binge build.”

“They were quickly back to throwing raves in swimming pools while we were stuck at home surfing the dark web for black market Charmin.”

“We’re not losing to China. We lost. The returns just haven’t all come in yet.”

“They made robots that check a kid’s temperature and got their asses back in school. Most of our kids are still pretending to take Zoom classes while they watch TikTok and their brain cells commit ritual suicide.”

4. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

People wonder the same thing about Tinman.

5. dmoneybangbang

I agree both extremes have made the US a silly people.

dachuda86 likes this.
  6. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Thank you for this post. But can we get back to arguing about Trump?

Tomstro and tinman like this.
  7. tinman

Supporting Member

This is why you are Hakeem level and all these people are Chris Clemons

J.R. likes this.
  8. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Maher is silly. They don’t care about dr Seuss because dr Seuss was once banned in China.

KingCheetah and Ubiquitin like this.
  9. tinman

Supporting Member

China created TikTok
    cause they knew Americans are glued to dumb media

10. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

That dumb audience is the problem. Maybe some day they get paid ubi for guffawing the loudest. He has a point despite China banning Hollywood movies for a stupid chi-knees joke.

Thinking about it more, that entire set is based upon shame and envy. These are quintessential sins of our current zeitgeist where a growing sense of dread and self loathing is offset by fingerpointing and schadenfreude.

China in our minds rent free when they have empty cities begging for people to live in.

The wheels of our financial system are coming off soon. The next shoe to drop may come in this year or the next. Worrying or complaining about it like everyone has been doing since Dub**** is pointless.

The simplest thing you can do about it is being a producer rather than a consumer. Create valuable things rather than chasing 5x-10x gains. Value generation, whether through home or community, takes time and investment. Quit b****ing about Dr. Suess books. If you really gave a ****, make some money off of it like a true capitalist...oh wait.

We're avoiding that like the plague and complaining about everything else. Instead of by choice or necessity, that infra bill will be our last resort.

#10 Invisible Fan, Mar 13, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2021
  11. tinman

Supporting Member

I blame it on the cartoons and video games and comedians

12. tinman

Supporting Member

[​IMG]

13. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

This is to blame on people who should know better. Weak adults who raised weak children. People offended at everything to justify destruction because it is easier than doing something positive and constructive.

Roc Paint and J.R. like this.
  14. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I saw that piece and Maher does have a point that the PRC is eating our lunch regarding things like infrastructure development. I also agree that so much of what we are getting worked up over is silly. Me Too Pepe Le Pew is silly and it's even sillier to say that not having Pepe Le Pew in the next Space Jam is an attack on freedom and we need to rethink intellectual property rights so we keep Pepe Le Pew in new material.

I don't think those things what is holding us back as the PRC also gets caught up in silliness. Consider why Winnie the Pooh is a symbol of protest. That's due to that a Chinese blogger once noticed that Xi Jinping sort of looks like Winnie the Pooh so PRC censors (and this really is censorship) started banning Winnie the Pooh.

Even besides the government just look at how hyperbolic and sensitive we've seen nationalist posters from the PRC regarding any criticism of Yao or other Chinese players.

15. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

He was complaining earlier about Communism as the losing system, while conflating it with the militaristic totalitarianism that actually caused genocides in communist and non-communist countries, then used their central planning as a cudgel against younger and more empathic generations of Americans who he implicitly stereotyped as lazy or impractical, while once again whining about his ******* solar panels.

America works now for the same reason Southern football programs are still relevant after the trustafarian era (slow white people with way too many options): we disincentivized statutory discrimination, scandalized overt racism, specialized roles for product and talent diversity, and showcased individual self expression to stimulate new demand and consumption.

#15 Dairy Ashford, Mar 14, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2021
  16. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I have a question I hopemyou can answer.

Why do you confuse corporations for making business decisions for people being "woke"?

I think I know proggressive and liberal circles well. I haven't heard a single proggressive give two ***** about Mr. potatohead or Dr. Seuss. It wasn't on their minds.

So can you explain why you believe this a cultural issue rather than business execs trying to see what is "hip" and marketable to increase the profitablity of their brand image?

Please, a sincere response.

To me Bill Maher is your typical "old man yelling at the sky". He's pretty out of touch with how millennials and gen Z'ers think. He also tries really hard to pander to suburban conservatives.

17. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Your comment is silly.

18. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

19. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Something that always stands out to me on these trendy issues. The most annoying people to me are the people who are incredibly focused and vocal about being against the people who are in a trend, therefor becoming a trend yourself.

The SJWs sucked, the anti-SJWs were worse.

Cancel culture can be annoying, vocal anti cancel culture people are almost always annoying

Political correctness can be annoying, but I almost always get the urge to punch someone in the face when they start a sentence with “First off, I’m not politically correct!...”

The Lin fans sucked, the people focused on being anti-Lin we’re more annoying

Just to me

20. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Your entire world view and moral arc is a Buzz Belmondo scene from Out of this World.

The unironic and redundant fetishization and eugenic performance framing of an entire non-American ethnic group by intolerant, hyper-wealthy white Americans to undermine and belittle fellow citizens' social empathy for other marginalized Americans while contradicting their own philosophical rhetoric from ten minutes earlier is silly.