1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Dennis Schroder Experience

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, Feb 10, 2022.

?

The DS experience

1. Take off

48 vote(s)
    43.2%
  2. crash landing

63 vote(s)
    56.8%
  1. J.R.

J.R. Member

2. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

I am curious to see how well Green would look alongside a real point guard.

KPJ is doing well as a pseudo pg, but when he plays alongside Green and wood. Green always end up being standing at the 3 as a spot up shooter.

TEXNIFICENT likes this.
  3. TimDuncanDonaut

Kept tabs on him this Celtics season. He's been inconsistent. Ime played him with 2nd unit and as starter some nights. He had really good games and bad ones. Defensively he has gaps too. He still flops like his OKC days and does that 'walk the dog' when bring ball up the court. Celtics fans won't shed tears with him traded.

As bad as he can be, compare to our guards, he probably is better. I don't see Silas starting him, still KPJ. My hope is he doesn't cut in to Christopher's minutes. Or maybe Silas play him as a shooting guard backup.

Dennis is bought here because he's cheap. $5 mil and UFA after this year. This is salary shredding for the Fertitta family. And a roster spot opens up for next season.

I'm not a big fan of Theis, but with Theis gone it kinda means Rockets are more locked into Wood. Because Stone wouldn't just let Silas have one center. Even if Garuba is called up, Garuba is more a PF height. Rockets better hope they get a top 3 pick and draft a Chet or Jabari.

#43 TimDuncanDonaut, Feb 10, 2022
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2022
  4. Nook

Nook Member

He is considered one of the most selfish players in the NBA by other players… he isn’t well liked by his past teammates… he is a terrible defender and inconsistent. He also is not known as a hard worker.

He is lightening quick and can get hit but isn’t consistent.

He is also just about the worst player to add to the Rockets…. Selfish, attitude, doesn’t work hard and is a guard.

5. Mr Woods

Mr Woods Member

So basically the point guard version of C Wood.

Nice.

6. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

This is pretty much par for the course for this era of Rockets basketball (the Terrible Tilman era).

You want to develop a 21 year old PG.

You want to develop a 20 year old SG you just used (I won't say wasted) the second overall pick on.

And you... bring in a horrible teammate in the locker room, not only that but someone who won't help them advance, but rather take opportunities and reps away from them?

If that doesn't spell out what life is like in Stone and Tilman Fertitta-land, I don't know what will.

Maybe this will. Your marquee off season signing who you gave a 4 year contract to.... being shipped off after only half a season AND you have to take back contracts in order to do it.

@ThatBoyNick Look at me now pa!

BHannes2BHonest, Bo6, YOLO and 3 others like this.
  7. a time to chill

We probably need to cut Silas some slack because Stone is giving him very little to work with

8. Nook

Nook Member

Wood… Porter… Schroeder …

Stone is getting some really high character guys to be around the young guys… can’t see any drawbacks at all… I’m sure a strong coach like Silas will be able to handle this well.

9. slothy420

slothy420 Paper Street Soap Co.

I guess this is the "Culture Reset" that Tilman was talking about

https://bbs.clutchfans.net/threads/tillman-culture-reset.307356/

@DaneB

Nook likes this.
  10. Nook

Nook Member

Yup… there zero reason not to cut him. He is an expiring contract, he will take minutes from the young players and is a bad guy…. So of course Stone and Silas decided to keep him and put him in the rotation.

Im was critical of the Theis signing and felt Augustin was washed… but at least they are hard workers that set a good example and we’re good teammates….

11. vator

vator Contributing Member

Yup…see, this that bullish!t. Silas is really planning to run Schroder and Eric Gordon out there, they are going to win us some meaningless games and screw our future up while also taking developmental minutes away from Nix, KPJ, Christopher, and Green.

12. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Silas and Stone gotta go.

13. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

He's 28 so I suppose if they like him and can lock him up as a 6th man for 3-4 years for cheap while his stock is low it's not the worst thing in the world, but I am not really anymore excited about that than I am having Daniel Theis on the roster.

D-rock and jcmoon like this.
  14. Bo6

Bo6 Member

so glad we have another guard on the roster so we can give Christopher / Nix less minutes.

D-rock and slothy420 like this.
  15. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

Has his defense really fallen off that much? i remember against the thunder, he was playing some pretty good perimeter defense, unless i'm mistaken.

anyhow, these are the types of guys that a team like us needs to take a chance on to sign cheap, they've lowballed their own talent. i would sign him for like 3 or 4 million a year at like 7 million a year if he'd take it.

16. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

Thats tuff!

17. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

Can wall and shroder coexist?

D-rock and i3artow i3aller like this.
  18. groovemachine

groovemachine Member

Seems like just another way to add flexibility for the 2023 offseason when the expectation will be to build a competitive roster.

19. Juxtaposed Jolt

Agreed. The eye test tells me that forehead can definitely double as a Rocket landing pad.

D-rock, TimDuncanDonaut and tinman like this.
  20. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Oh no
    here comes the influx of Schroder Only Fans