1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Verlander Indifference and large contracts

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Orangecru$h, Oct 30, 2021.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Orangecru$h

Orangecru$h Member

Verlander has distanced himself from the Astros, yet is being paid Millions by the Astros.

https://www.mysanantonio.com/sports...rlander-Astros-injury-tommy-john-16574508.php

This is a deterrent to signing players to huge contracts just to see them become primadonnas and get paid to do nothing.
    similarly happened to Cole and Springer this year.

I totally understand Crane's rule of not being the highest bidder. Also kudos to players like Yuli who take a pay cut, to be with THIS team, and has he best performance ever and wins the AL batting title.

Shame on Verlander, where Stromy resurrected his career only for him to ungrateful.

jklb and astros123 like this.
  2. Squirtle

Squirtle Member

Lock this up. Already posted that he's not avoiding the team via Twitter.

Radricky, ryan_98, whag00 and 2 others like this.
  3. Buck Turgidson

This.

Is.

Not.

Facebook.

4. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Squirtle and Buck Turgidson like this.
  5. the shark

the shark Member

Not trying to be mean, but you don't have to start a thread for every thought that pops into your head.

6. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

Blame the mods for allowing it but ya OP should be better

7. Amshirvani

Amshirvani Contributing Member

8. swakid8

swakid8 Member

This **** is getting ridiculous….. It’s like there no mods here….. Where can I volunteer to be a mod?
    This topic is already being discussed, and should be merged into such thread.

9. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

Don't make Astros threads into the GARM

10. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

OP is a bot I'm sure. No one can be this dumb

Radricky likes this.
  11. astros123

astros123 Member

It's funny watching the Verlander fanboys kiss his ass at every opportunity. He's getting paid 30 fkin million dollars and can't even bring his ass to the dugout to help mentor Garcia and others. You're nothing but a piece of **** teammate and I have no respect for Verlander.

Imagine if LeBron/KD not be on the bench as their team were in the finals. They'd be bashed non stop but the Verlander bootlickers stick up for him every time.

Comical. Fans worship athletes as if there not getting paid tens of millions dollars

12. Buck Turgidson

He's a busy man and does a great job in here, if people were more cognizant of how things work in this part of the bbs he would be even less busy.

But then again, dumbasses are going to dumbass no matter what you do, just look above this post

3Rings, Bregatron and King1 like this.
  13. astros123

astros123 Member

Yeah I'm a dumbass cuz I don't worship some athelte for doing his job while he was getting paid tens of millions. There's no excuse for him not to be in the dugout coaching our young arms and helping them with confidence.Keep kissing his ass I'm sure he'll let Kate give you a handy

14. cmlmel77

cmlmel77 Up all Night Watching Houston Sports

You are a dumbass because you don’t do any research on the topic. This has been explained frequently and recently. But keep just posting angry, uniformed, typo-filled screeds and I’m sure Zuckerberg will give you a handy.

Bregatron likes this.
  15. astros123

astros123 Member

Yeah and you're a tool for the "zOmg I need rehab so I can't be in the dugout." Go watch some games where ronaldo would be in stands with a torn acl supporting his team or I can make a million examples of athletes being severely injured and being on the bench or crowd. He wants to get rehab and sign a deal on Detroit and he's milking our trainers before he bounces but yeah but keep licking his boots. Love watching fans become tools over athletes

16. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

I thought it was the exact opposite situation where he specifically wasn’t using our trainers? Not to interject facts into your masterpiece so my apologies

Bregatron and cmlmel77 like this.
  17. cmlmel77

You genuinely have no idea what you are talking about, and telling someone like you anything they don’t already believe isn’t worth the effort. Easier to mute and move on.

Gioan Baotixita likes this.
  18. cmlmel77

Facts are not that guy’s strongpoints. It takes more effort than screaming from his keyboard about loyalty or whatever.

19. Buck Turgidson

Self-awareness is a wonderful thing.

edwardc likes this.
  20. Tuckankhamun

Tuckankhamun Member

We could have had prime Nolan Ryan, Randy Johnson, Rodger Clements, and 2017 Justin Verlander this series and we’re still down 3-1.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.