1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] ALCS Astros vs. Red Sox

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Oct 14, 2021.

1. jayfree

jayfree Member

I'm not even close to calling this series. All we have to do is take 1 in Boston to get us back to Houston for the final 2 games and that I guarantee we will do.

Also, we all knew Urquidy and Garcia were most likely going to get shelled based on experience and recent outings. I am 100% positive Greinke and Javier show something and Framber wins his next game as well. The luxury we have in Game #3 is the same we had in Game #2. Battle back but don't throw the sink just yet. We may not win this series but we will take it to a Game #7 without Verlander, Cole or McCullers.

2. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

Wouldn’t be surprised if they were set down in order the next few innings.

3. the shark

the shark Member

Valdez 2.2 IP
    Garcia 1.0 IP
    Urquidy 1.2 IP

Flat out PATHETIC!!!!

4. Tuckankhamun

Tuckankhamun Member

Typical cowardice. Should've kept Jeff and pretended the whole thing never happened.

Once you're forced to fire your GM because the league said so, you're entire organization becomes b****-made from top to bottom. Look at the 76ers to see how it worked for them.

JayGoogle likes this.
  5. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Yeah, I don't think so, the Astros were pressured to 'punish' someone and so they made scapegoats out of Hinch and Lunhow since they couldn't do anything to the players.

6. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Verlander has pitched one game in 2 years

But he's cool. He's been chillin somewhere overseas for 2 years

everyday eddie likes this.
  7. AuburnRocket

AuburnRocket Contributing Member

There are 7 innings left...so game is not over if we could have some lock down pitching....that's the problem.

8. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

At this point , things that go against the shift ... I’m not sure it’s bad luck anymore . I think teams are adjusting

9. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

Luis Garcia needs to go to playoff IL so they can bring in a fresh arm tomorrow.

10. Deuce Rings

Deuce Rings Contributing Member

I wouldn’t say they’re pure ****, just not the aces you need for the playoffs

everyday eddie likes this.
  11. SooneRockStro

SooneRockStro Member

Yeah maybe Castro needs to start a game. It’s not like Maldonado is hitting.

12. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Urquidy still got the pitches he needed to leave the inning down 1. Altuve xhoked.

13. HTown2017Champs

No more no hitter. Hopefully this starts a rally but ugh if only that double play could have been turned.

I can honestly see Altuve eventually being a DH. IDK why but I do.

14. CK Johnson

CK Johnson Member

You're an idiot if you watch anymore Astros baseball in 2021. This team is DONE!!!!!

15. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

16. mulletman

mulletman Member

Who cares what other fans think? They can cry and complain all they want, but they can’t say anything that takes away from the fun we had celebrating those 1994/1995 championships, when it was like Mardi Gras on Richmond/Westheimer. They also can’t take away from the high we felt in 2017 after the Astros won

17. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I feel like our pitchers just can't hang. But, still have to play the game and rest of the series. Anything could happen.

18. AB

AB Contributing Member

Keep going..lets see what happens

19. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

Jeez. This really is like 2018 all over again. What in the hell is Alex Cora feeding this team that they can't do wrong against us?! And the thing that really makes you mad is our starters aren't even giving the offense a chance. 8-0 and 6-0?! How does that happen in playoff games??

It really makes you appreciate all the more Keuchel, Verlander, McCullers, Morton and Cole, Verlander, Greinke. I would take half of one of those guys right about now. I long for the days we could ride a starter to the 7th and close the door with the bullpen.

20. soxfan01

soxfan01 Member

Come on man, I like this forum and I have a lot of respect for the Astros. But your pitcher is giving you guys zero chance tonight. He is just throwing some absolutely horrible pitches. I don’t Think Cora is stupid enough to try and cheat again so fast. But I guess you never know. To me it’s just a team that is red hot right now and hitting on all cylinders. Then again I’m a Sox fan so obviously I’m biased.

everyday eddie and BMoney like this.