1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is Jalen Green too feminine or "girly" to be a successful NBA player?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by peleincubus, Oct 13, 2021.

1. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

LOL. Exactly what I thought. I've never associated "getting a haircut" with racism. It's a hippy thing. Maybe I am too old.

@Deckard

Deckard likes this.
  2. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Technically this thread isn't homo shaming. It's girly shaming. People often confuse girly dudes with gay dudes. It's a subtle stereotype about gays. Just saying.

DreamShook, Verbal Christ and Nook like this.
  3. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

You didnt read the comments hunh

Verbal Christ and Nook like this.
  4. seeingredtx

seeingredtx Enlightened

I honestly cannot believe this is a topic. Being away from Texas really has helped me realize there is a ton of work to do to stop judging people based on their appearance or dress. Is this Jon Gruden’s undercover account? Maybe you should realize there is some men comfortable enough to express themselves, even if it is feminine in your eyes. Still slamming more putang then you will ever know. Grow up and evolve. You’re part of the problem and holding humanity back. One love brother.

5. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

@NewAge check it out bro. Lol

Verbal Christ likes this.
  6. NewAge

NewAge Member

First of all, neither feminine, nor gay should be a reason for shaming, period, I don’t know how this can be even a something in 2021…

second, there is a whole nother question on whether feminine when used for a ball player is criticism or not. That’s more complicated. On one hand, maybe, as most superstars have had that alpha male personality. But then, maybe not, because, why should that be? And if that was the norm, who’s to say that this is how it will be in the future? So I personally am a healthy skeptic, but keeping an open mind.

If a guy like JG turns out to be a beast, that would be super-dope and will make him super-unique. That is, if he does it as a Rocket, everyone here will be happy. If he does it after he signs with the Warriors, then I expect everyone here to call him slurs… But I think what we all should appreciate is Chapelle’s mad genius, who contemplated exactly this, years ago in his mad brain…

7. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

@NewAge here’s another. Do you still think your analysis on Green and his appearance isn’t ridiculous?? It sure seems like most people think your opinion is flat out RIDICULOUS. Which is why I made this thread. So marinate in it and hopefully change your again ridiculous presumptions about how good Green will be based on him liking fashion or being “too” girly.

8. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

A lot of great basketball players seem to be more focused on fashion than your typical person. Don’t know why.

That in itself doesn’t worry me. Does he have the focus and drive to become a superstar in this league? That is the question. I think it’s premature to speculate on what his ceiling is.

Verbal Christ likes this.
  9. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Your thread may have been created in mockery - but it's terribly sexist and inane.

peleincubus likes this.
  10. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

And chock full of banality. Considering I practically quoted the words in my first post. So yeah it's tremendously inane. Each set of words are located on the exact same server too! ;)

11. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

It was so out there, that i think many (including me) were quite triggered to notice that you were mocking a poster.
    Green could arrive wearing a dress and wigs for all i fking care, as long as he dominates the court that's all that matter.
    I still don't think he's the best player we drafted this class, but that's just me.

Idk y some posters r too focused on how a player looks. we had people btching how unkempt harden looked for years

12. Juxtaposed Jolt

Who starts an entire thread that pokes fun at a couple of posts from a specific poster, though? That's like an inside joke about an inside joke about an inside joke that only two people know about.

Expecting people to instantly understand that this thread is joking about some posts in a 21-page thread, is an extreme stretch.

I think that's a better explanation as to how people didn't understand this thread, as opposed to posters being anywhere on the spectrum of 'ally' to 'bigot,' depending on what they posted here.

Dobbizzle likes this.
  13. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

do you have a link to it?

14. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

15. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

[​IMG]

i3artow i3aller likes this.
  16. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Of all the stupid threads I have seen in over 20+ years on this board, this is certainly one of them.

NewAge likes this.
  17. PhiSlammaJamma

I want my playa to excel in all areas, and that includes fashion. I expect nothing less honestly. It means he cares about everything if you ask me. The blue collar looks is fine too, as long as that translates on the court. It's the guys in the middle you worry about. They aren't committed one way or the other. I need commitment to a look. What does his girlfriend look like?

18. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

There’s been some idiotic threads on CF throughout the years. Heck, I’ve even been the OP of a few. This one is definitely top 5.

Is he too girly because he wears nice clothes? What in the entire f*** is wrong with y’all?

19. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Search newage’s posts with the keyword “girly” and “feminine” and all your dreams will come true : )

20. CVcrew

CVcrew Contributing Member

I thought this thread was a poll… Feminine or girly