1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Feigen] Rockets sign Armoni Brooks to Exhibit 10 contract

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ashleyem, Aug 27, 2021.

1. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Thanks.

2. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Are you Stoned? Or not? o_O

…….
    …….
    ……,

3. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Not yet.

4. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

The money has dried up around the league

5. Russjr2

Russjr2 Contributing Member

Sounds like we keeping him close in case, or when, something opens up. I mean he did accept the deal so that means he is willing to wait a lil longer to get a better contract with us. Also, sounds like nobody else out there made him any significant offers, even after the 30pt summer league game. Good deal for us I think. It will all shake out during camp.

Hippieloser and ashleyem like this.
  6. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Rockets signing Brooks to this Exhibit 10 deal gives them some time. They have up to the regular season to do the cut down and see if they can move a rostered player off the roster. If not, they can give Brooks another 2-way deal and then have up until the Trade Deadline to move a rostered player and convert Brooks' deal to a NBA contract.

Just buys them a lot of time to evaluate their roster and potential to make trades to open up a roster spot for Brooks.

What I still don't get is Matthew Hurt. And why the Rockets were so quick to give him a 2-way deal.

Anyway, Brooks is likely making the team in some fashion.

7. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

An Exhibit 10 is not a "camp invite" , its a full NBA (Minimum) contract but the team has the option to convert it to a two way contract "Prior to the start of the season.

CBA Explained: Exhibit 10 Contracts (slamonline.com)

D-rock likes this.
  8. YOLO

YOLO Member

In Brooks case, it is essentially a camp invite. His Exhibit 10 is a one-year, non-guaranteed minimum contract that could be converted to a two-way deal.

@Deuce post above pretty much summarizes the situation

D-rock and Deuce like this.
  9. J.R.

J.R. Member

This is not to say Brooks sucks but we have legit prospects to get excited about now. :cool:

The days of (over)hyping and getting excited about these end of roster guys/guys fighting for a spot…
    “OMG, Mason Jones! Sign him before his 10-day is up/someone else does!”
    “OMG, Bruno looked fantastic! Get him signed before we lose him!”
    “OMG, Brodric Thomas! Why did we waive him?!”
    “OMG, Justin Patton looks great! Is he part of the core?!”
    “OMG, not Gary Clark!? Why did we cut him?! Stupid Morey!”

Cam Reynolds, Cam Oliver, Ray Spalding, Michael Frazier, William Howard, Chris Chiozza, Vince Edwards, Zhou Qi, Chinanu Onuaku, Markel Brown, R.J. Hunter, Aaron Jackson, Demetrius Jackson, Briante Weber, Tim Quarterman, Troy Williams, K.J. McDaniels, Isaiah Taylor, Kyle Wiltjer, Andrew Goudelock, Nick Johnson, Scott Machado, Tim Ohlbrecht…

OMG, sign ‘em all! What are we doing?!

CF now hates House but I think they’re worried about getting “House’d” again.

Rookie/unknown plays great for 1-3-5-10-20 games, sign him! What are we doing?! We’re gonna lose him! We can’t lose him!

Brooks has his work cut out to make the team, let alone get playing time.

John Wall
    Kevin Porter Jr.
    Jalen Green
    Eric Gordon
    Josh Christopher
    Khyri Thomas
    D.J. Augustin
    Armoni Brooks

“Shut up! He’s better than all those guys!”

Pat, Deckard, palmsnbananas and 8 others like this.
  10. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

Isn't it obvious?

Joe Rocket likes this.
  11. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

Failing to sign this man will be Stone's Russell Westbrook moment.

12. NewAge

NewAge Member

every now and then you let go of a Whitesides or Wood or RoCo, though…

hakeem94 likes this.
  13. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Great post. The way they structured this is perfect. Nobody can touch him this year if we want to keep him. Make him prove it. We have so many high ceiling low risk players it is ridiculous. They won’t all pan out, but Brooks needs to earn it.

14. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

Whats funny about this is I totally I agree with you about the guys you mentioned. At the time I didnt understand the fascination with any of these guys. ESPECIALLY BRUNO. Yet and still I feel differently about Brooks. There's something about his shot that seems pure to me.

15. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

While I agree with your overall premise .... I think Brooks fits the timeline better than Wall , EG & Augustin and that the reason they gave him the E10 was likely he's converted to a two way prior to the start of the season then converted to a minimum once a roster spot is cleared when one of EG or Augustin is moved (either of those guys can help a contender) - they just don't fit what's going on here. (Wall to but that contract isn't tradable until next year).

Paying EG & Augustin a total of 25.5m this year is just a waste of money for a team that's not gonna be close to the playoffs & the Rockets can better utilize those roster spots with young developmental players.

Joe Rocket and J.R. like this.
  16. Rokman

Rokman Member

Thank you for taking the time to write this. I didnt have the energy to dig up that many names to make the point. After watching the Rockets for nearly 30 years it's the same story every year. You hit the nail on the head!

fattz likes this.
  17. fattz

fattz Member

Isn’t that what this time of year is for as a Rocket fan? I truly believed in over 1/2 of those players. Some of them keep circling back around —> Wood.

hakeem94 likes this.
  18. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Just a gawd damn cavalcade of "diamonds in the rough" right there! Nice list JR!

19. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Needs to work on his defense.

See video footage of last season as "Exibit A" for our Exibit-10