1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    GAME 7 ORLANDO vs CLEVELAND. Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Name an interesting fact you found out during the quarantine

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by RKREBORN, Apr 28, 2020.

1. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Cooking so many meals during quarantine I learned that putting Carolina Reaper flakes in a toothpick holder makes a perfect shaker for adding kick to soups, pizza, mexican food, spaghetti, potato salad, stir fry and anything else. The toothpick hole is the right size for shaking out a little. A little goes a long way. Much better than chili pepper flakes. My other favorite hot sauces and spice are to the left of the reaper flakes in the pic.

IMG_20201219_090820~3.jpg View attachment 6229
    IMG_20210202_104718.jpg

#501 deb4rockets, Apr 12, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2021
    Ubiquitin, Yung-T, mikol13 and 3 others like this.
  2. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Are you from the Caribbean? I ask because of your preferences in hot sauces. lol. Anyway, try some of this. It's gone up a bit in price unfortunately, but it comes in its own shaker, too. I'm not sure if it's pure carolina reaper, but it's pretty hot. I'd rather have the real pepper for cooking, but :

https://www.electricpepperco.com/listing/770337876/carolina-reaper-chili-powder-worlds

It's also on Amazon.

Ubiquitin and Yung-T like this.
  3. CCorn

CCorn Member

Israeli dollars are actually called shekels @Nook

Ubiquitin and Nook like this.
  4. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

No, born in Denver, raised in Houston area. I started eating pickled jalapenos from the salad bar like candy in the chow hall of my Navy days to spice up bland food. They aren't hot enough for me now, so I usually grill serrano peppers in my toaster oven to make them hotter. I just like spicier stuff now. I just came across those Jamaican sauces at HEB and really like them. That scotch bonnet pepper sauce has a good flavor. Great on chicken. The red sauce is tastier than tabasco sauce.

Thanks for the suggestion, but actually the bags of Reaper powder from Joe's Carolina Reaper site end up a better value. They will fill the shaker more than once. I've tried growing them the last two years but no luck yet. I have one plant that survived from last year, so maybe it will produce peppers this year. They are too hot to eat anyways and enjoy them, so the powder is good for me. That powder lasts forever though, and I bought 3 bags, so It will last me months.

Ubiquitin, Yung-T and TWS1986 like this.
  5. Buck Turgidson

If someone has you on their "ignore list", you cannot post in a thread they start.

Apparently @ROXRAN has banned me from posting in his threads (because I gave him a bunch if **** in the D&D, and I don't blame him at all, he's a good dude, we just differ on a few things), just another data point that proves we need forum-specific ignore list. I had several thoughts to put in his "Secret Things" thread that now yall will never know.

Ubiquitin, Yung-T, STR8Thugg and 4 others like this.
  6. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

That's cool. I used to order seeds from Pepper Joe years ago. The guy seemed a bit sleazy, so I stopped. lol. Well, that and I could never get half of his seeds to germinate. But this was probably 10-12 years ago.

Some chinense peppers like scorpions peppers, reapers, etc., are hard to grow in a lot of regions outside of places like Florida and California. It can be done, but most places much further north don't have a long enough growing season or you have to start them inside the house early. Then they can be picky to get to even germinate and even produce peppers for some reason. The hot states sometimes are too hot for them to grow many peppers for whatever reason. I used to grow them all the time, but it was a crapshoot whether I'd get peppers or not. Scotch bonnets and habaneros seem to be easier to grow, though.

At a couple of places I worked, I got people hooked on trying hot sauces and superhot peppers. We had folding tables of over 20-30 hot sauces. Nowadays I'd rather have the actual peppers than the hot sauces, though. They're hotter and don't change the taste of stuff with the added vinegar, salt, etc., but I still do use some "normal" hot sauces for random things.

deb4rockets and don grahamleone like this.
  7. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

You post in my threads all the time.

8. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

I wonder if that’s the reason I can’t get in that thread.
    Says URL blocker has blocked me.
    I don’t even know why he would have me blocked lol

Buck Turgidson and TWS1986 like this.
  9. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

https://brilliantmaps.com/longest-walk/

[​IMG]

The map above potentially shows one of the world’s longest uninterrupted walks from Cape Town, South Africa to Magadan, Russia a distance of 22,387km (13,910 miles).

Google Maps estimates it would take 4,492 hours to walk it, which translates into 187 days of non-stop walking. If instead you decided to walk a more sensible 8 hours a day, it would take you 562 days to complete the whole walk.

Over the course of the walk you’d ascend a total of 117,693m (386,132ft) and descend 117,686m (386,109ft) – equivalent to 13 round trips up and down Everest.

You would have to travel through 16 countries including South Sudan, Syria and Georgia. So not the safest of routes.

10. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

https://bbs.clutchfans.net/threads/random-maps-thread.233110/page-17#post-13320236

Be carfeul, @Xerobull gonna come in here and complain that its not possible and you cant walk over bridges.

11. KingCheetah

I've done this walk since last time it was posted.

12. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

other than the whole dying thing that sounds dope as hell

Yung-T and jiggyfly like this.
  13. KingCheetah

The Cassini spacecraft was in the Saturn system for 13 years -- during all that time it only made 289 orbits of the giant planet.

Yung-T and jiggyfly like this.
  14. CCorn

CCorn Member

Jeff Bezos is apparently Cuban. At least according to Pitbull.

15. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

This is what happens when you get celebrities involved.

Now .... he should help the flooding problem in Houston since he did go to school in Houston!

16. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

Because of the post above..I did some research.

I learned that building a 50 mile bridge from Alaska to Russia is actually fairly easy. The hard part (and more expensive part) is connecting the bridge to existing highways in both countries. You would have to build a 530 mile highway through the Alaskan Wilderness to connect to the bridge on our side..and build a 1,200 mile highway through the Russian Wilderness on the other side. Total costs would be around $105 Billion dollars.

buffalobills!!! likes this.
  17. Buck Turgidson

Try this one, looks a whole lot easier

[​IMG]

18. KingCheetah

That line has a noticable curve and we all know that is impossible.

Ubiquitin likes this.
  19. Buck Turgidson

#flatearthisrealfolks

jiggyfly likes this.
  20. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

flatearthsurfing.PNG