1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Where would KPjr go in this draft?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Plowman, Jun 6, 2021.

?

1. 1

2. 2

3. 3

4. 4

5. 5

6. 6

7. 7

8. 8

9. 9 -11

10. 12-14

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

We've barely gotten a glimpse, but it speaks volumes.

2. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I like him at 3 or 4.

The talent is undeniable.

#2 Plowman, Jun 6, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2021
  3. J.R.

J.R. Member

#3 J.R., Jun 6, 2021
  4. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Maybe a low lottery pick.

He didn't do anything with us that he didn't show with Cleveland, he just got more shots. Still, he was literally given away because nobody would give anything to bring him on board.

He certainly has high lottery ability, but his mental state is still a gigantic red flag. When he has real expectations placed upon him, and things don't go well, how will he handle it. Our games were glorified scrimmages this season.

txtodd, Bo6, Nook and 9 others like this.
  5. Jontro

Jontro Member

he'd be a massive steal at 18...

6. Caesar

Caesar Member

He was projected high lottery originally before dropping nearly all the way out of the 1st because USC suspended him indefinitely for personal conduct issues. It's not good that those personal conduct issues once again arose so quickly and allowed us to get him for peanuts. Lets pretend the locker room scene was his college situation, that means he's likely suspended all the same and no one wants to draft him all the same....despite the talent.

7. Caesar

Caesar Member

Were lucky to have him at this position where he is in regret mode, working with great guys and now getting to show his talent on a dirt cheap contract with a team option. Let's hope this trend continues, but there's more hurdles for him. He just turned 21 and can legally drink now. Let's see how that goes. In 2 years if he keeps it up, he gets his big pay day. Let's see how it goes after he gets paid. I'm rooting for him, but i don't pass on Cade or Green in this draft because of how KPj would react to serious competition. If he folds, he'll need way more time than we ever thought.

mikenm268 and amaru like this.
  8. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

[​IMG]

:eek:

GO ROCKETS!!!

9. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Early 2nd, late 1st

10. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

Just needed the right environment. Plus he got a mentor in James Harden. He’ll show him the way of the dark side Bahahaha haha!

Plowman likes this.
  11. ballgame

ballgame Member

Let's see! A 20yr old, with immense talent and who has already scored 50 pts in a NBA Game....#1

BigShasta, Rudyc281, saleem and 3 others like this.
  12. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Talent wise on offense number 7. Overall 12-14 even with his off court issues after his 50 point and 10 assists vs the Bucks.

raining threes likes this.
  13. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

good question. 15? 20? Mebbe I’m off, 10???

14. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

He scored 50 points and also had a bunch of bad games. He’s not going too 5. Maybe in the top 10

15. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

No one ever questioned his talent. Not even during his draft class. I remember people thinking the kid should have gone after Zion. Everyone was just worried about his mental issues. The fact is, it still got him traded to us for practically nothing. Even I think John Lucas has his work cut out for him with this kid but heck anything after dealing with Royce White should be a cake walk.

16. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

#2. Look at it like this. He dominated in the G-League and 2 other G-Leaguers (Jalen Green and Jonathan Kuminga) are both projected as Top 5 picks. If you considered 2019-20 as his redshirt year in the NBA, he definitely showed this year he can play in the big leagues. None of the other prospects have. I have Cade Cunningham above him for his size, maturity and defensive potential.

KPJ certainly came here with red flags and the FL strip club incident isn't a good sign, but he's 21. Who of us didn't do some stupid sh_t when we we're in our early 20s? I'm hoping he works on his game this summer and hangs with the right kind of folks to develop himself into a force for us next year.

#16 Shark44, Jun 6, 2021
    Plowman, joshuaao and Rudyc281 like this.
  17. TimDuncanDonaut

I know the question is the current draft class. But looking back on KPJ's draft class; 2019 class is kinda decent. Half of them are current contributors ranging from stars like Zion, Morant to solid contributors (Darius Garland, RJ Barrett, Herro, Thybulle, Reddish). KPJ if ranked basketball skills would be higher than 30. That said his stint in Cleveland, to G-league and now back, kind of was something he has to overcome, imagine if these distractions weren't there and he was working on his game the entire time.

He's playing a bit of catch up. Let's see how he makes use of the summer.

Corrosion and FrontRunner like this.
  18. ballgame

ballgame Member

Every player in the top 5 has questions, even Cunningham and they will struggle their Rookie yr. Cunningham struggled in the Big-12 until the end of the yr.

REMEMBER, this was KPJ's first time playing the PG position and to have to start off playing it in the NBA is a Helluva task.

raining threes likes this.
  19. Juxtaposed Jolt

Question is weird.

Dude has played 2 NBA seasons already, and he can still improve in every aspect of the game. Easy #1.

BigShasta likes this.
  20. Medicine N Music

Medicine N Music Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

There is 0 chance he goes past 10 in this draft. On nbadraft #9 is Keon Johnson, who is a SG shooting 27%. #10 is Davion Mitchell - who is almost 23 years old.

KPJ is a 6'4 PG w/ 6'9 wingspan, that is barely 21 years old with elite offensive potential, who dropped 50 on Jrue Holiday. This is also someone who completely destroyed the G-league and on some nights in the NBA looks like a superstar. His stats are very mediocre, but anyone that watched more than a few games knows he is a game changer and someone that can potentially carry a team.

I'm not picking Keon Johnson or Davion Mitchell before this guy.

There are 4-5 multiple all-star level guys in the draft, and some possible borderline all-stars. I can see him go 5-10 in this draft. If no psychiatric issues, 3-7 is my guess (depending on how Mobley/Suggs/Kuminga are viewed by teams).