1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tony buzbee filing lawsuit against Deshaun Watson? Hints at mistreating women

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Nimo, Mar 16, 2021.

1. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Cool.

STR8Thugg likes this.
  2. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

This is a great opportunity for a few teams that are willing to take the short lived PR hit to get a franchise QB in his prime on the cheap, and as idiotic as it would be for the Texans to void the contract I could see Cal doing it. However, I think Casserio will talk some sense into him. Once this blows over and DW4 settles there will be a trade. Purely speculation, but I think his value will be a mid-tier 1st and a few later round picks. We'll see.

#2822 The Real Shady, May 25, 2021
    Last edited: May 25, 2021
    B-Bob and raining threes like this.
  3. primtim24

primtim24 Contributing Member

The moment a settlement is announced, the Texans will be inundated with offers. GUARANTEED.

At this point I would think that a team like Denver or Washington, would be crazy to not at least kick the tires. Especially Washington, who's proven that they don't care about bad press nearly as much as most other teams.

He'll be getting mentored by Ryan Fitzpatrick before we know it. He'll be in the NFC, and out of our hair before you know it...

theDude and The Real Shady like this.
  4. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

No way Caserio cuts Deshaun and gets nothing in return. There is zero chance of that. Even Cal McNair isn’t that stupid. Unless... of course, if Deshaun gets convicted of criminal charges and goes to jail, that would probably be the way out.

Obviously that is a worst case scenario.

primtim24 and The Real Shady like this.
  5. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id...-watson-not-scheduled-deposed-case-early-2022

Houston Texans QB Deshaun Watson not scheduled to be deposed in case against him until early 2022

The Deshaun Watson case has entered into discovery, which could play out well into the 2021 regular season, with depositions set to begin in September.

The 22 women who are suing the Houston Texans quarterback for alleged sexual assault would be deposed before Watson, who's not scheduled until early 2022, Watson's attorney, Rusty Hardin, said Tuesday.

According to the docket for the case, Watson can't be deposed before Feb. 22, 2022.

Hardin reiterated Tuesday that Watson is not currently in settlement discussions with the women suing him. Watson maintains he wants any settlement amounts to be public, although the two sides could mediate in confidentiality, as is customary.

Hardin said he hasn't had any correspondence with the Texans and believes Watson hasn't, either, though Watson's agent, David Mulugheta, could handle such matters if necessary.

Earlier this month, Hardin, suggested Tony Buzbee, the attorney for the 22 women who have filed civil lawsuits against Watson, has attempted to settle the case on several occasions. Buzbee later denied that claim in an Instagram post.

Watson is not attending OTAs, and a source said the Texans loosely expect Watson to follow through on his trade desires by missing minicamp, too, unless those plans change.

Despite his trade market cooling in light of the case, which sparked investigations by the Houston Police Department and the NFL, multiple teams are still monitoring the situation in case there's clarity down the line and a potential trade would make sense, according to a source.

raining threes likes this.
  6. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Well, Either he sits or plays. The problem is no team is going to give value until there is clarity on his situation. The Texans would fight he being placed on the Exempt List with no charges. The league could suspend, but the problem is this is all civil (right now).

The problem for Watson...if he sits with no suspension, he loses money. He is going to NEED that money for his legal issues.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  7. raining threes

I would consider Watson going to jail the right thing if he's convicted.

8. raining threes

Looks like the wheels of justice are moving slowly for the Oily one.

9. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

I have so little patience for this **it! It's likely inevitable there will be some kind of settlement. Clearly DW will want to play this year and the quicker a settlement is done the sooner he can be traded. QBs report to camps on 23 July, so a deal should be done prior to that (I hope). Jun-mid Jul will be crunch time to get something done for the Rusty/DW to allow NC to swing a deal and get Watson into camp with his new team.

NOTE: I'm not trying to minimize the accusations; I hope the women receive compensation/treatment or justice for what they endured. If it goes to trial, then we can kiss compensation for Watson away until a verdict or settlement is achieved. I still can't believe this is happening to our team--crap.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  10. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

He could even help rename their team.

Washington Redskins --> Washington Football Team --> Washington Lubed Sphincters

[​IMG]

11. STR8Thugg

Fair enough, but you've hated him from the start, so whatever...

3Rings and primtim24 like this.
  12. clos4life

clos4life Member

Really? It's the Cal and Easterly cluster**** show out here, it's pretty much what I have come to expect from the Texans.

13. raining threes

Not hated

Just think he doesn't play a winning brand of NFL football.

Although he does put up a bunch of hollow numbers.

14. STR8Thugg

We made the playoffs in 2018 and 2019. In 2019 the team wasn't even all that great. The point differential was garbage. The team was continuously plagued with **** coaching, and Deshaun dragged them to wins in a ton of close games.

I know with you it's not revisionist history, but that's complete nonsense.

Jwise44 likes this.
  15. Fantasma Negro

No player has put their team in a shitty-er situation than Deshaun Watson. Especially not a quarterback. The Texans are the victims in this situation. There are 32 teams in the nfl, they all aren't going to be run perfectly, only one team will win the superbowl and yet this place is so filled with Deshaun Watson nut huggers and booty lubbers that some of you are like "yeah Deshaun Watson violated and possibly sexually assaulted 22 women but the Texans traded DeAndre Hopkins so they deserve it" smfh. Signed him a blind side left tackle, gave him more guaranteed money than Mahomes, and provided him with a compliment of receivers to which he just completed his best statistical season with. Deshaun Watson is a piece of shyt, he was hit with these suits at the end of the season yet he's publicly denigrated the franchise and fanned the flames of the media calling the Texans a joke for months knowing what he'd been doing to these women, knowing that Cal tried to set mediation and help his dumb ass and knowing that racial tensions are on high, he exploited that and tried to make the gm and coach hire about race. Are yall still blaming Easterby for this shyt?

#2835 Fantasma Negro, May 26, 2021
    Last edited: May 26, 2021
    Bobbythegreat and cmoak1982 like this.
  16. raining threes

I certainly didn't see it as Watson dragging the team to the playoffs.

We will have to agree to disagree.

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

That's also not mentioning the fact that the reason BOB was able to keep gaining power in the organization was because of how much Watson supported him. Watson never had a problem with anything the whole time BOB was destroying the team he inherited, he only had a problem after BOB was gone.

Fantasma Negro likes this.
  18. H.D.

H.D. Member

You sorry, lying racist.

STR8Thugg likes this.
  19. STR8Thugg

Jack Easterby deserves all the smoke and then some. Deshaun's idiotic behavior doesn't absolve Captain Jack of his heinous tenure here.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  20. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

I agree the Charlatan is bad, he needs to go.
    I think Watson has passed him up on the whos shittier list

Fantasma Negro likes this.