1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[The Athletic] Is there anything I can give this lower than an F?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by lnchan, Mar 25, 2021.

1. dmoneybangbang

Seroiusly..... the Houston hate is a bit over the top....

JayGoogle and BigShasta like this.
  2. sirjesse

sirjesse The Udoker has spoken!
    Supporting Member

We were talking Lauri and AG, ended up with a pick swap that may or may not move us up a few spots in the twenties.

AleksandarN, DeBeards, Bo6 and 7 others like this.
  3. Nook

Nook Member

Right. We are basically collecting long shots with a high payoff and hoping we hit on one of them.

4. T FOR 3!!!

T FOR 3!!! Member

Using a TMNT 3 head is straight up insulting...

WestendMassive likes this.
  5. Nook

Nook Member

The problem I have with it is that the same author has said that Oladipo hasn't been healthy on a good player in over two years...... that isn't going to magically change the rest of the season. Maybe Oladipo gets hot or does well just defending and getting easy points.... who knows. However when you get right down to it, Oladipo isn't good anymore, so why would someone want him?

Deuce, luckyman76, Reeko and 4 others like this.
  6. HP3

HP3 Member

The problem is more that we traded for him in the first place. We should have just kept Lavert.

7. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Olynyk kind of looks like Lauri if you pour a little bit of acid in your eyes

BigDog63, AleksandarN, kumizi and 5 others like this.
  8. GottaHaveHeart

My only problem with this is JA, he’s like CC, doesn’t mesh with current offense. I would of preferred LaVert

9. Nook

Nook Member

I agree with you on that point, I just view it as we already have complained a lot about that.

The actual return for Oladipo was probably about right for someone that regularly misses games, has been injured badly, is inefficient, wants massive money and said he wanted to play for one team.

Even the Knicks have wised up.

JayGoogle, yixiixiy and HP3 like this.
  10. topfive

topfive CF OG

[​IMG]

Richie_Rich, DonKnock, Zboy and 15 others like this.
  11. dmoneybangbang

It was a gamble that failed. We improved a draft pick and kept our cap low. I viewed Jarrett Allen as the bigger missed opportunity.

I think Dipo is in the zone where he's good but you'll have to overpay for a supporting player. I'm surprised Miami wants a player like that unless they really believe in their staff to get him back to near peak level (which they have earned in my opinion).

Nook likes this.
  12. dmoneybangbang

The actions suggest the Rockets weren't really wanting to compete and more wanted to rebuild (at least temporarily) through the draft. Keeping Lavert and trading him during this deadline would have been better in hindsight.

I think Tilman just really wanted a big expiring contract to save some money.

13. alethios

alethios Member

This - Tilman is the silent Rockets killer. He's not a true NBA owner and is trying to dismantle this team and make us the laughing stock of the NBA and media while protecting his bottom line. Our brand use to mean something and was good for billions in revenue but now it's crap.

Zboy and HP3 like this.
  14. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

15. mightybosstone

I don't love the trade by any means, but anyone who claims this deserves "lower than an F" is dramatically overrating Oladipo's value. He was gone after this season and could signed outright by any team with cap room, he's been banged up all year and his play has been wildly inconsistent and ineffecient.

If they had gotten Miami's 2020 unprotected first without the swap, this would have been a B for me. As is, it's probably a C-.

The failure wasn't this trade; it was acquiring Oladipo in the first place knowing he was expiring, injury prone amd wanted to be in Miami.

JayGoogle and IvanLCPM like this.
  16. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Cal is giving him a strong run at the same time unfortunately

17. PatBev

PatBev Member

Lol that’s actually pretty funny

It was a good thing. Now KPJ can start at SG and take over when Wall sits. Give him and Martin as many minutes as they can handle with Wood

18. YOLO

YOLO Member

cleaning up the mess he made himself? I mean he's just continuing to make it worse

Zboy, Nook and HP3 like this.
  19. rkh-dog

rkh-dog Member

The stars Harden recruited were run off by Harden. And then Harden ran himself off the team ASAP for the banana boat squad. Leaving a mess that will take a while to clean up. There was no team leverage as players dictated the timeframe for the trade and the limited teams for the trade. Not an optimal situation Harden put them in. Time to move forward with rebuild.

REEKO_HTOWN likes this.
  20. YOLO

YOLO Member

Boy are you sadly mistaken. Poor guy

Richie_Rich, Zboy and Nook like this.