1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Woj - Gordon picking up significant trade interest

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Phillyrocket, Mar 4, 2021.

1. Nook

Nook Member

They don't directly pay him. He is "told" by a team that a player is drawing interest.... he reports it and he has a successful career as a consequence. He is careful though and relies on multiple sources because he has the best reputation in the business. I am excited because it just confirms to me that what I have heard about the Rockets trying to deal Gordon is factually true.

2. Htown Legend

Htown Legend Member

Stack up assets. Literally as many as possible. Top 4 pick (hopefully) this year, several firsts, and pick swaps for the future. Let wood and KPJ ball out and see what that duo can do. I’m excited to finally be intrigued with the NBA draft again

3. hakeemthagreat

He was our best & most reliable post season player in the James Harden era.

4. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I think that's true for some tweets - such as breaking a deal - but not these anymore, the industry has changed. The amount he can grow with free info is limited now, Eric Gordon is not a big enough story among his options to get in free.

No teams mentioned, no return mentioned. Just super sloppy I think.

hakeem94 and Nook like this.
  5. Nook

Nook Member

Miami, Denver and NY all make some degree of sense.... even Dallas.

6. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

I would sincerely think so. His skill set is a good fit for many teams, such as Cs/Bucks/Lakes/6ers/Clips/Hawks/Heat/Nugs. Not gonna play random trade game but there are reasonable deals that could be made.

Speaking of deals, I love Tuck. Please trade him yesterday. Thanks.

7. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

Trade him to OKC for free in exchange for our pick to be top 7 protected

8. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

let's hope Gordon ends up on a good team and joins fellow Rockets Legends™ Dwight Howard and Jeremy Lin in winning Harden-Era championship rings

hakeem94 likes this.
  9. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

I'm not surprised by the interest at all. There are some good teams in contention that are very top-heavy and could use a player with playoff experience, ability to create his own shot, put up 15+ per game, knock down open 3's, etc. and Gordon does that. His current stat line of averaging over 18 a game is pretty attractive, even if it's on a bad team.

groovemachine and everyday eddie like this.
  10. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Well, they were trying to deal him instead of Covington, but EGO's stock was lower then.
    He's played well enough that teams are now interested in him.
    If he's dealt, let it not be for shiznit contracts; but anything for first round picks, amiright?

11. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

Combo deal with Tucker or House to DEN could be interesting. Really want to get Oladipo to MIA, because if the reports are true and that's where he wants to be then we have best chance of maximizing his value there.

12. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

Eric Gordon has significant value. He is a veteran with heavy playoff rotation experience. He has played 55 games in the playoffs, averaging 34 minutes/game and 16ppg. A lot of playoff teams could use a piece like this - especially teams with a younger core of players who lack playoff experience.... NYK, Charlotte, Dallas, even Phoenix.

groovemachine and HorryForThree like this.
  13. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Good to hear. Frankly, a shockingly positive surprise twist for us.

I’ve been saying for months Denver makes sense. In particular, some sort for EG for Harris swap.

Denver gets the much better player. They eat his contract. We get an asset out of it.

14. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Philly does as well.

Would be interesting to see him guarding Harden in the playoffs.

mikol13, hakeem94 and Nook like this.
  15. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

So basically just throwing s**** out there to set us up for more disappointment?

16. Nook

Nook Member

I agree on the combo deal to Denver. The Nuggets need defense at the guard and forward spots and we have that.... the Nuggets also have a lot of good young players that haven't played a lot yet. I would love to get someone like Hampton or Bol or Nnaji. If the Nuggets do not want to give up a draft pick, they can move two of those players to the Rockets and Gary Harris and the Rockets can swing Gordon and Tucker to Denver.... as for Oladipo, the Heat are hard to trade with, they likely are not going to want to give up a lot of Oladipo.... but maybe we can get a top 5-10 protected #1 pick and a younger player like Achiuwa.

17. treyk3

treyk3 Member

My realistic, no star player coming hopes.

Eric for Harris, Nnaji and 2021 FRP.

Tucker for KZ Okpala, Leonard and 2 SRP

Waive Leonard.

Oladipo into an exception for Nesmith and a FRP.

McLemore to Philly for a SRP.

Keep House 4 the team though (he'd actually go to Denver in that first deal, @Codman said there is interest).

Wall/KPJ / Brooks
    Harris/Nwaba / Jones
    Brown / Nesmith
    Tate / Okpala / KJ Martin
    Wood/Nnaji/Patton

New MC : Danuel House.

2 new 2021 FRP to combine next year with our likely four picks
    2 former 2020 FRP
    Frees up Cap in 2022 v 2023 if the rebuild is expedited by a top 4 picks this year

a huge exception formed to get more assets and Harris will be 27 and expiring next year so not impossible to move for an asset a year from now.

Also Sign Armoni Brooks

#37 treyk3, Mar 4, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2021
  18. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

Every veteran player over the age of around 27 should be moved out if possible. At this point, there is no reason to hang on to any of them. Let the young guys play, see what you've got, cut loose the old and the weak (looking at you Kurucs) and start over fresh. I think basically everyone agrees at this point!

HTown_TMac, GotGame15 and hakeem94 like this.
  19. raining threes

This has value to a playoff team.

20. vator

vator Contributing Member

This is the most EXCITING news I've read in weeks. I like Eric Gordon. His contract isn't even that bad when you consider he can get you 18 points per game by attacking the basket and spacing the floor as a 3 point shooter while also providing underrated defense. He is fast enough to harass guards on the perimeter and strong enough to switch on bigger guys and be a pest. He has been more than solid each year in the playoffs on both ends of the court. He is a difference-maker and would certainly be a big addition to any contender.

All that being said, he is no longer in the plans here. Trade him for as much as you can get and don't think twice about it. Time to move on. The longer you hold on to him, you run the risk of diminishing his value. Honestly, his biggest negative has been staying on the floor, but sometimes I can't help but wonder if he's too hurt to play or if he's just choosing to rest. He has a history of being hurt more when he isn't happy and having "fun."