1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Breaking 1-06-21: MAGA terrorist attack on Capitol

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by RESINator, Jan 6, 2021.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

2. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

lmao...Honkey Kong....

3. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I was thinking he probably was kicked off for causing a ruckus but him refusing to wear a mask makes it even more pathetic, what the hell did he think was gonna happen?

mdrowe00 likes this.
  4. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Now that's a twist.:eek:

mdrowe00 likes this.
  5. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

6. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Let's not act like you did not start this convo saying the reason why Black people are not succeeding is culture and because of single family homes, you equated it all to blaming blacks for the victim mentality.

You seem to be backtracking on a lot of this but its very telling that you came out very strong with the narrative that its mainly black peoples fault because of victimhood mentality.

And for the record I agree that the victim card is played far too much but thats across all spectrums of race just look at what Trump did with it since 2015.

mdrowe00 and fchowd0311 like this.
  7. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

So you are saying we should excuse everyone involved and not prosecute them? Or is this sarcasm?

mdrowe00 likes this.
  8. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Sorry, I meant the article by redstate not the quote. I didn't even look at the quote until you wrote this haha.

ROXTXIA likes this.
  9. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I don't think you followed the preceding posts that led to that comment. It was quoted that people that "attended the riot" would be placed on the No Fly list. I asked for clarification on who would qualify as "attendees". I do not consider people who stormed into the Capitol building to be "innocent protesters".

BigM likes this.
  10. cdastros

cdastros Member

11. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Blockbusting just became illegal in 1968, you don't see how that effects people currently?

That's only one generation removed and if we really are honest do you think it still does not happen?

Your thought process is skewed by you working with a certain subset of the population and you used that bias to paint the entire black race.

The things you admit is happening in these areas is actually not culture, get your talking points right.

mdrowe00, vlaurelio and fchowd0311 like this.
  12. durvasa

I don't know if that's the case, and I would be surprised and dismayed if it was. That's why I was asking for clarification. We shouldn't allow our justified anger over what happened to make us forget about the importance of civil rights and what this country stands for.

BigM and FranchiseBlade like this.
  13. durvasa

"Innocent protesters" was not my term, hence the quotes.

14. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Ok....but that doesn't make any sense. They would first have to be classified as terrorists and the no fly list isn't even meant for domestic terrorists. Secondly, it's unlikely that even the actual rioters who stormed the capital will be put on a no fly list or classified as terrorists.

So I seriously doubt this is an issue - that someone who was just holding up a sign outside will be deemed a terrorist and placed on a no fly list.

15. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Contributing Member

Don't spin this. Go rewatch Romney in the 2012 primary. He was talking out of both sides of his mouth constantly. He did this to himself. The primary attack on Romney (by both his primary opponents and Obama) was that he would say anything and constantly flip flop.

He was a moderate when he governed Massachusetts. He most certainly didn't behave like one in the 2012 primary. He basically renounced all of his core positions from his time in Massachusetts in order to outflank the loonies in the primary.

I understand that Romney has now rehabbed his image but he was pandering like no tomorrow in 2012 so I find it hard to consider him a man of principle back then. He was trying to embrace every dumb position put out by Tea Party Republicans in order to consolidate the base. The only difference back then was that the base hadn't gotten quite as crazy as it is now.

glynch, mdrowe00 and FrontRunner like this.
  16. durvasa

This was the post I was responding to:

https://bbs.clutchfans.net/goto/post?id=13342681#post-13342681

17. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Check Snopes

Is there a federal no-fly list for rioters?
    Most of the people involved in Wednesday’s riots managed to fly home without issue. That’s because most of the people who stormed the Capitol weren’t immediately arrested, given how unprepared authorities were for what unfolded.

Most arrests are happening after the fact, with authorities going through tapes and asking the public for help in identifying the people who were involved. It would be logical for authorities to try to keep people involved in the DC area, so that it’s easier to arrest them. Is that what’s going on here, though?

On Thursday we saw the Committee on Homeland Security urge the TSA and FBI to add violent perpetrators involved in the attack on the Capitol to the no-fly list. We also saw the FAA state that it would do what it could to support airlines in keeping the skies safe following what happened.

But I haven’t seen it confirmed anywhere that people who were involved in the riots are actually being put on the federal no-fly list. Now, it’s entirely possible that this happens in the background and it’s not made public. But there’s something strange about the fact that the guy got all the way to the gate, and then had this meltdown.

AleksandarN likes this.
  18. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

And you believe that is true or even remotely true?

From what I have heard the only Trumpsters ending up on no fly lists are with the individual airliners when the Trumpsters have been rowdy and refusing the wear masks.

19. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

[​IMG]

mdrowe00, Sweet Lou 4 2 and Xerobull like this.
  20. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member