1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Breaking 1-06-21: MAGA terrorist attack on Capitol

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by RESINator, Jan 6, 2021.

1. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Trump? How would you know if Trump is telling the truth when he makes his vow?

AroundTheWorld and Blatz like this.
  2. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Trump has been going around the Office of the Pardon Attorney since the beginning of his administration. I think the first was the Sheriff out of Arizona. Democrats probably now are wishing they would have challenged those pardons at the time because it might open up a case from Trump in the future to say well why are those pardon's upheld while my self-pardon is being challenged. The Constitution isn't clear about the mechanisms for which a president can issue a pardon but it is clear about pardon's being "granted" and the framers took the pardon power directly from Britain's parliamentary pardon power which gives a clearer backdrop of their intent... which would not recognize a self pardon.

So yes I think Trump could just say "I pardon myself" on Parler, or whatever, and that alone would likely be taken as at least a temporarily held position of an Executive Order. But that would be just another Executive Order that is likely illegal on it's face, but temporarily upheld until the courts can rule on the EO.

I go back to my statement about the self-pardon being dubious but used as a mechanism for Trump to gum up the court system to his advantage to buy himself time. I think that's all he sees it as, and there's not a whole lot that can be done to prevent him from a self pardon even if it's legally dubious it'll still have to be upheld for a lengthy amount of time.

mdrowe00 likes this.
  3. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

I think I posted somewhere 1000 posts ago that the police and Guard prescece was limited for the purpose of "optics'

From the article:
    Senior Army official Lt. Gen. Walter E. Piatt, director of the Army Staff, said on the call he couldn't recommend that Army Secretary Ryan McCarthy authorize deployment, Sund and others on the call told the Post. Piatt reportedly said, "I don't like the visual of the National Guard standing a police line with the Capitol in the background," the Post reported.

Sund told the Post that House Sergeant-at-Arms Paul Irving was concerned with the "optics" of declaring an emergency ahead of the protests and rejected a National Guard presence. He says Senate Sergeant-at-Arms Michael Stenger recommended that he informally request the Guard to be ready in case it was needed to maintain security.

GOP politics is all about optics. Truth and reality are to be manipulated for personal power.

mdrowe00 likes this.
  4. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

new leads for the investigators

#1784 vlaurelio, Jan 11, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2021
  5. mdrowe00

mdrowe00 Member

...you are on top of it, man...

...that's why you've got people arguing against calling this "domestic terrorism" and going for the one-off classification of "sedition" or "attempted sedition"...

...(largely because, in spite of how crazy or rich or stupid they are, they're mostly all white people...or like Tarrio, pretending to be white)...

...see, by the own legal definition of the term (through the Patriot Act), the United States can go after any terrorist any time and any place and anywhere.

One attempt (no matter how clumsy, no matter how coordinated, no matter how conspiratorial or collaborative) is all it takes to bring the hammer down on f@cks like this and hunt them to the ends of the earth and until the end of time...

...or until you catch or kill all of them. Whichever happens first.

We're still hunting jihadists in Afghanistan. Going on twenty years now.
    ...We ain't even started hunting pieces of **** like this yet...

B-Bob, vlaurelio and malakas like this.
  6. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

All of post-election pardons from Sore, Landslide Loser Trump should be examined by the FBI and DoJ :D

If you get pardoned, you get to be interviewed under oath and get to go into great detail about all of the crimes you have committed. You can not take the fifth since you are pardoned and you can not lie since the pardon will not cover this after-the-fact perjury crime.

This absolutely includes Trump. This will make a public record of all of the crimes Trump confessed to.

7. Reeko

Reeko Member

hopefully more of these traitors start singing like Whitney

I know they love to self-snitch, but I don’t mind them snitching on others as well

mdrowe00 likes this.
  8. Reeko

Reeko Member

9. mdrowe00

mdrowe00 Member

...yup...

...wit da BOOM-PING-PING!
    ...(real ones feel me on this)...;)

Reeko likes this.
  10. Reeko

Reeko Member

Parler required DL info and your Social Security #? Tf? What kind of nonsense app is this?

No Worries likes this.
  11. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

12. Reeko

Reeko Member

13. NewRoxFan

14. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

So is he about to barricade himself in?

No Worries likes this.
  15. mdrowe00

mdrowe00 Member

...they got to get them fools money, honey.
    ...pay to play...forrealforeal...;)

Reeko likes this.
  16. NewRoxFan

17. mdrowe00

mdrowe00 Member

...my bad.

...I've been speaking the wrong language all this time.

Shouldn't have been saying Dasvidanya.
    Should have been saying Seig Heil...;)

Rashmon likes this.
  18. Reeko

Reeko Member

Lol, what kind of person just gives their SSN to some rando app like Parler? That’s insane to me.

No Worries and mdrowe00 like this.
  19. NewRoxFan

I have a hunch he will try to escape somewhere...

Blatz likes this.
  20. NewRoxFan

Guessing kirk thinks if he deletes no one will know...

mdrowe00 likes this.