1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Lakers @ Rockets 4/25/2004 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 4)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 24, 2004.

1. feishen

feishen Member

Greate game. Lot of hearts were shown today. It's disappointing, but this is our first time in playoff for this group. Props to all the rox players.

JJ, though, is not a pt, whenever he brings the ball up court under pressure, he turns over many times.There was one in the first time, and the costly one at the end. This is probably my only complaints. Also, Yao needs to play smarter, but the kid's got a long way to go.

Go rockets, we still have a series. We certainly have won a lot of respects.

2. daNasty

daNasty Member

We NEED a PF and A PG!! Bye bye Franchise and ? Franchise did play in control today but it's like a broken record everytime near game end and game on the line. Dribble Dribble Dribble and lose ball. Ref save his nut there near the end when he lost the ball and called a foul on Georgie.

I really like Stevie play for the last two games but the gamble he keeps on taking when the game on the line he usually turn over the ball. THis is a heartbroken lost since with this win, it would have shift the momentum in our favour but now it's over for us definitly.

3. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If I were Francis, I'd take it as a challenge that my coach has to have the small forward bring the ball up court to initiate the offense. There is no reason an All-Star point guard shouldn't be trusted to handle the rock when the game is on the line.

Clutch, you are so right. That one play captures Francis, and this team, very well.

4. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

Not to say we the Rockets can't comeback seeings as their one of the few teams to comeback from a 1-3 deficit but atleast it should be a good summer watching the Astros play. Sure is dissapointing they lost too though.

5. AGBee

AGBee Member

So, was Steve's turnover symbolic of the series? Or was it Yao softly fouling 5 out of 6 times?

6. canoner2002

canoner2002 Contributing Member

exactly, it looked a clean block to me, all ball no hand.

7. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

That was one of the worst non-calls I have ever seen in an NBA playoff game. You have to make that call, but I guess the Lakers are exempt from those calls.

8. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

how is it that all of a sudden we can't hit 3's? outside of game 3, we've just been atrocious. how many of those are any different than the ones we've taken all season? any lost open 3's from yao not needing to be doubled are made up for by the fact our guards penetrate all over the lakers and get us open looks. they're just not falling. 4 for 22 today. 5 for 22 and we win.

and yes, jj's turnover was much more important that francis' simply b/c his led straight to points and turned a lead into a deficit while w/o francis' we still have to hit whatever shot we get just to get closer than the 3 we were already trailing. neither was particularly fun to watch but jj takes the cake. also, all jj had to do was not hit kobe's hands, i mean damn.

edit: so did kobe really kick it? i only got one real look at it. maybe Rockets2K can give us a clip of it (since he's already been so cool as to give us all the highlights and games we want, very nice work man).

oh well, it was a fun series at least.

9. newmemo1

newmemo1 Member

It's a very good game. The bottom line is that you are never out with kobe on your team.

I have full confidence in JVG. Our time has not come yet..Have JVG as teh Coach, the Rockets'll be making a lot of noise in 2 years....I don't even care who we have on the team.

10. BlastOff

BlastOff Member

Knowing we can beat them and beating them are two different things (see Games 1 and 4).

11. WasabiTheNinjaPimp

WasabiTheNinjaPimp Contributing Member

Actually Boki didn't get any of his arm, I think they called body contact(?), or it was just a "you're a superstar we can't call a foul on you and then let you get blocked on the other end" call.

12. Primetime

Primetime Member

is there a reason mobley kept jacking 3s when he couldn't buy a bucket? i was waiting for him to attack the basket, which he did to his credit late in the game, but he costs us several possession with HORRIBLE shooting.

13. daNasty

daNasty Member

You people think there some kind of controversy with the officiating or the refs? Seems like for the last two games, one of the ref left teh game due to injure? Pressure from teh outsiders?

14. MustangPride73

Lay off Steve without him the is no overtime he is the heart of the team. Yao is the best player we have and he needs to touch it every time but don't trade Steve after one bad season thats just stupid.

15. tsl99

tsl99 Member

Yao and SF are OK, Mobley must go, this guy is a moron completely.

16. rockets-#1

rockets-#1 Contributing Member

WHERE, WHERE, WHERE, WHERE, WHERE

WAS THE FOUL ON YAO!?!?!!?!!?!?!?!

WHAT THE ****

WHAT COMPLETE CRAP!!!

Steve totally gave it away, I love him and I hate to say it, BUT HE CHOKED!!! The free throw and then the unforced TO, horrible.:( I wanna cry.

Before there was a Clutch City there was a Choke City. We were down 1-3 to the Suns and it's 10 years later. Let's celebrate the anniversary Rockets.

17. Shawndme7

Shawndme7 Contributing Member

I want mobley as my 6th man!

18. WasabiTheNinjaPimp

WasabiTheNinjaPimp Contributing Member

This series has shown me that we are -almost- as good as the lakers. Let's take the results of the game

Staples Center:
    1 Solid win by the home team
    1 Game that could have gone either way and came down to the last possession

Toybox:
    1 Solid win by the home team
    1 game that could have gone either way and came down to overtime.

We -are- as good as the lakers, we simply come undone under playoff pressure it appears.

19. JPM0016

JPM0016 Contributing Member

team loss

20. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

one time he turned it over. though he's definitely done it before. hell, his turnover was on probably his best play at the end of either OT/Reg b/c he had his man beat and would've been taking it straight to the basket. he just lost it. it wasn't like it was a stupid play.