1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Mavericks vs. Thunder in Game 1 of the West Semis. Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Can Steph carry his own team thread.

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by jiggyfly, Dec 22, 2020.

1. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Yep, he had a bad shooting series, but wasn't that the only series in his career he shot around 30%?

2. James.B.H

James.B.H Member

According to nba referee report, there were four bad calls in the last 2 minutes of the Bulls Warriors game, all in favor of the Warriors. So it's not only because of a desperation 3 that Warriors got the win, refs gave them huge help as they always do.

HardenVolumeOne and vlaurelio like this.
  3. jogo

jogo Member

Yes, Curry can't carry a team, it's pretty obvious by now.

BUT, I want GSW to win games. I don't want them getting ANOTHER top 5 pick again. Let them win enough games to be the 9th-12th best team in the West. I'd be fine with them getting a 7 or 8 seed and getting crushed in the first round. I do not want Curry faking another injury and then they tank fro a top 5 pick.

4. Nook

Nook Member

I watched the game he was hurt in, not that it matters because it was only a matter of time until he was hurt because he is frail and cannot carry a heavy load. He needs to be surrounded by elite players.

hakeem94 likes this.
  5. Nook

Nook Member

Normally I would agree with you but a lot of basketball people have been talking about it. He will ultimately be remembered as a great system player that played well with but also needed to be surrounded by great players.

6. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Probably 6/8 years Harden has been on the Rockets if you had switched Curry for Harden the Rockets would not have even gotten into the playoffs.

francis 4 prez and hakeem94 like this.
  7. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

a lot of Curry slander on Twitter today. you love to see it.

Reeko, roslolian and hakeem94 like this.
  8. roslolian

roslolian Member

Yeah Curry wouldnt feud with every star teammate. Thats cuz his ankles would give halfway through the season given the load he would have to carry.

Both Draymond and Klay are off the ball shooters and scorers I highly doubt Harden would clash with those he'd prob fit in better than Curry cuz he would fill the "KD" role without needing KD.

Curry has shown the way to build around him is surround him with all stars and superstars. Sorry but Morey wont be able to do that since the Rox ownership didnt wanna tank. Curry would def fit in with Dwight though, however a Curry/Dwight combo would still get destroyed by Harden/Klay/Dray/Iggy/Bogut.

peleincubus likes this.
  9. Reeko

Reeko Member

Curry averaged 23 points and 4 assists in the 2016 finals as he blew a 3-1 lead

let that have been Harden putting up those pedestrian stats for an entire series...

then KD comes and gives him 2 more rings

Curry fanboys looking so pathetic right now

s3ts likes this.
  10. wekko368

wekko368 Member

You're overrating Draymond Green. He was an elite defender who benefited tremendously on offense from Curry/Thompson. He's not an off-ball shooter/scorer. Would he be an all-star in a different offensive system that didn't artificially inflate his assist numbers?

And you don't think Harden would feud with Draymond Green? Are you insane?

Also, given the fact that Durant wanted to play with Curry, I think Morey would have no problem surrounding Curry with excellent teammates.

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

12. roslolian

roslolian Member

Lol is Curry a super star now? Shooting 42% from the field and 32% from 3. I'd put him in the same range as old Mike Conley or old Cp3 now that he doesnt have superstars artificially inflating his shooting nos. He is a maybe all star without the name recognition of Goat shooter Curry. So in reality if you think I'm overrating Draymond I can say the same thing, you are overrating the **** out of Curry cuz as far as we can see he is **** without his all star posse. At least Draymond in his lrime would still be good defensively even without good teammates, Curry cant even shoot straight.

Durant wanted to play with a stacked team, he didnt want to play with Curry specifically. If Harden was in GSW alongside Dray, Klay, Iggy ans Bogut then that would be GSW not Houston.

You are the one who is insane. Dray never feuded with Curry cuz he knoes Curry is the franchise player of GSW. If they were switched then Harden would be the franchise player of GSW so would Dray attack him? Its not like Dray is gonna tell Harden to move off the ball and make him the center of the offense lol. Curry still lazy AF on defense and Dray doesnt say ****.

13. Fefo

Fefo Member

You probably right about the dates, coz i do remember it was the start of the season, but when i google it said january. Its been a confusing year.
    On another note, yeah he is probably a bad player that doesn't help teams win. You should send an email to the association so they remove his mvps and championships. You are probably right and all the media, players and people that think he is a great player are wrong. Thank god for random dudes on the internet like you, that think outside the box!

14. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Whether or not Curry is a superstar is a tricky question. Was AD a superstar in New Orleans? Most people at the time would say "no". But now, he's an undisputed superstar. Like AD, Curry needs good teammates to unlock his superstardom.

Curry led the Warriors to the playoffs when Draymond Green was a rookie coming off the bench.

Curry was the engine of an offense that Durant wanted to join. It's silly to think Morey wouldn't be able to surround prime Curry with complementary pieces.

You're aware that Draymond Green feuded with Kevin Durant, right?

15. roslolian

roslolian Member

AD was a superstar even back in NO, thats why Lakers had to give up Brandon Ingram, Ball, Jason Hart, no 4 pick and half a dozen picks and swaps to get him. If he wasnt a superstar why'd he cost that much? For kicks? Why would people say no when he literally cost a king's ranson to acquire? Stat wise he was averaging 25 10 on 61%TS% along with elite defense. Thats a far cry from 32% from 3 no defense Curry so they arent comparable at all. In 2017 AD was seen as the no 2 best player under 25 behind Giannis so yeah, pretty sure he is a superstar.

Yeah Curry was the engine but again he was surrounded by 2 soon to be all stars and 2 former all stars from the East. All stars dont grow on trees. Which complementary pieces do you think would fit Curry? When they got capspace the only guys available were Bazemore, Ryan Anderson, EG and Al Horford. Harden had a lot more clout than Curry at the time, at least Harden made the finals and got offered a max contract. Curry didnt even get a max offer cuz GSW thought his ankles wouldnt last. So if Bazemore and Horford snubbed Harden I doubt they gonna chomp at the bit on Curry. Remember we all know Curry is trash without all star teammates. How will other players know he is goat shooter if he spends his career shooting 32% from 3? Even GSW didnt know he could be this good thats why his contract was so low. So if GSW didnt knoe how will Morey and other NBA players know?

KD isnt part of GSW thats why Dray can fight with him. In a hypothetical exchange Harden would be the leader so Draynond wont fight him just like he doesnt get on Curry. You see Draymond getting on Curry now? Curry is shooting like **** and defending like ****. Why isnt Dray getting on his ass?

#575 roslolian, Jan 2, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2021
  16. dmoneybangbang

Curry overrated by the league and underrated on Clutchfans.

GotGame15 and hakeem94 like this.
  17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He's rated too much, people can't get over him.

He isn't done but yesterday's news unless he proves us wrong.

18. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Is that a lot? An all-star caliber player in Ingram (who wasn't an all-star with the Lakers), above average role players in Ball/Hart, and first round picks that won't be lottery picks? That's a king's ransom?

AD's Pelican situation and Curry's current GSW situation are extremely comparable.

I don't understand your logic. If we had Curry, doesn't that mean we'd have Curry's contract as well?

On what grounds could Draymond Green criticize Curry? You can't get mad at teammates for missing unless they're missing intentionally. You can only complain about a lack of perceived effort or bad decision-making.

Draymond Green would absolutely feud with Harden. If you don't believe that, then you don't understand Draymond Green.

19. roslolian

roslolian Member

You know man you are just delusional. Can you find any other source who thinks the haul NO got for AD wasnt a lot? You realize you arent god right? Just because you say something doesnt make it so. Every "winners and losers" had NO as a winner due to the package they got but according to Mr. Wekko the Curry no.1 fan it aint a lot. Gimme a break.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sb...davis-trade-la-lakers-winners-losers-pelicans

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2019/6/15/18680572/lakers-anthony-davis-trade-lebron-james-pelicans

How is 61%TS comparable to 32% 3 pt????? Its like night and day the dude plays at a superstar level even without help Curry plays at scrub level without help.

Curry having bad D and shooting like **** isnt lack of effort and decision making? News to me.

hakeem94 likes this.
  20. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Because it's not about stats. It's about situation. Out of curiosity, do you think Towns is a superstar?