1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Stein plop] Jae'Sean Tate will sign with Houston after free agency begins

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Dr of Dunk, Nov 17, 2020.

1. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

For Rocket Summer Leaguer with the assist: Casper Ware.

2. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Damn! I don't know if the guy can play any defense, but man, will Harden have a field day getting the ball to Tate and watching him score. He's a madman around the basket, quick, explosive, good lateral movement. Nice stroke on his 3 ball. Aside from a couple of steals, it was all offensive highlights, but Tate looked really good in them. Wow. Quite a surprise.

Nice addition to the bench.

3. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Does he play any defense?

4. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Beats me. I didn't see any. They must think he has potential, at least as an offensive weapon off the bench.

don grahamleone likes this.
  5. saleem

Neither did I. I’ve heard he’s 6’4”. A backup SG. I wouldn’t have gone after him. Another SF is needed.

tycoonchip likes this.
  6. Caesar

Caesar Member

I'm loving every single prospect we picked up, they all easily have very promising potential.

D-rock, don grahamleone and roslolian like this.
  7. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Stone must see something in him. Maybe he talked about the kid with Morey. Who knows? Will Weaver coached him in Oz. That could have clinched the signing. Wooten and Tate look more like young players to develop that’ll spend a lot of time in the Valley. Assuming that league can work in the current pandemic. From what I’ve read, the G-League may not have a season this year. What then? If we’re lucky both will give us some minutes during the season. Especially Wooten.

We definitely need more. I have a feeling that as long as Fertitta owns this team we’re going to need more, more than he’s going to give the team, regardless of what he says.

D-rock and saleem like this.
  8. OkayAyeReloaded

Supporting Member

Not brand names at all, so not known veteran commodities. But it looks like thier moving to youth, atheticism and energy players off the bench.

Wooten, Queen, KM Jr, Nwaba, Tate.

Weaver is also familiar with Tate so has insight into his game.

Depending on the remaining moves and how they're coached up it's kind of interesting.

D-rock likes this.
  9. saleem

Yes, Tate's signing will not adversely impact the tax per Bima's twitter. It will all amount to fool's gold, when Harden and Russ will demand to be traded during the season. Wood will too, when he's left alone.

10. Caesar

Caesar Member

You get even more excited when you see all these guys we picked up and hear the stories of Silas's player developmental skills along with Lucas's strong life development skills. We can actually get excited about prospects fulfilling potential here.

11. Caesar

Caesar Member

Why would Wood agree to come here with so much negative news about the Rockets and Harden and Russ wanting out? Either he knows it's BS and they're not going anywhere or he knows there's a chance he could get the keys along with a young superstar in the Harden trade which means he wouldn't be alone. He's 25 and developing and he'd continue to next to...lets say a 24 year old Simmons for example

D-rock and fckbandwagons like this.
  12. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

To turn Roco into Wood then yes.

13. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

He is a PF.

Read the thread. Those who have watched him all season have commented.

14. saleem

Another superstar to replace Westbrook may be the only way to convince Harden to stay, once he realizes it's needed. I agree we need a very big return for Harden, to secure the future rebuilding process.

15. saleem

A 6'4'' PF. He will be bullied so badly despite his explosiveness, It looks like he can space the floor, but I doubt it if he's a lights out shooter.

16. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Correct.

Do not get your hopes up!! If he pans out, it is very surprising.

He shot 38% from 3 last year, but that was an aberration. Can it continue? Hopefully...

D-rock likes this.
  17. saleem

I’m not in favor of undersized 4’s or 3’s. I don’t have any hope from him. I think he shouldn’t be on the Rockets.

D-rock likes this.
  18. D-rock

D-rock Member

That Weaver pipeline sounds like Rockets placing some importance in.

Interesting.

Still some Aussies/Boomers available for vet min:

Aron Baynes
    Ryan Broekhoff
    Jonah Bolden
    Thon Maker

19. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

At least we know he won't be nailed to it either, like things were under MDA. Dare I say "player development" might actually occur under Silas' staff? Sick of letting all our young talent go only to give up 1st rounders to get them back later.

Y2JT, Little Bit and Deckard like this.
  20. D-rock

D-rock Member

They are all super explosive so it appears Rockets want to run more and finish strong.

Renewed emphasis on pace, early offense and transition game?

Parley, Deckard and Caesar like this.