1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mini-documentary on Game 1, 1995

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Roomba, Feb 23, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

Most people here probably already know everything about this game and the season that preceded it, but I thought this video was still a cool watch. Nice production values, too--even if the presenter doesn't know how to pronounce "Sam Bowie".

2. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

This dude makes really good content. I do wish it was 3-4 minutes shorter, but I watch his stuff and it's fun. Thanks for the vid OP.

Roomba likes this.
  3. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

really enjoyed that, thanks for posting.

Roomba likes this.
  4. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I just saw this in my sub box. Is it me or do YouTube creators slow down their videos to get to the golden 10 minute threshold? 2x speed is your friend.

#4 DreamShook, Feb 23, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2019
  5. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

Thanks for posting this.

Robert Horry was truly ahead of his time. A versatile 6’10 wing who could defend the 3 and the 4 and hit open 3’s. He was a nice shot blocker back then too. No wonder he wound up with 7 rings. He would still be a perfect role player in today’s game. He’s exactly what we need now.

basso, tinman, Patience and 2 others like this.
  6. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

I think there's definitely some padding in there that makes the video longer than it otherwise would be. There's like a good 8 minutes of content in there and 7 minutes of extra stuff.

DreamShook likes this.
  7. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

Agreed. The perfect power forward for our system...perhaps a 10-day contract?

GET 'ER DONE MORAY :p

BaselineFade likes this.
  8. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

It still feels like one of the most improbable runs in sports history is an afterthought in the basketball zeitgeist. This guy spends 3 minutes on Orlando and the rest on the Rockets just to explain why the Rockets were in the finals in the first place. Just saying the Rockets were a 6th seed and won the championship is never enough to explain the craziness of that title run.

Reeko, basso, tinman and 2 others like this.
  9. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That’s why the people who love clutch city will always want pure fans
    @Os Trigonum
    Cause clutch city was pure

basso and Os Trigonum like this.
  10. MykTek

MykTek Member

lol, we should have drafted Harold "Baby Jordan" Minor :p .... I still remember going to the draft party and was like, who the hell is Robert Horry!

BaselineFade likes this.
  11. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

With the relatively high production quality, why on earth does all the game footage look like it was ripped from 360p YouTube videos?

TexasRedd likes this.
  12. SemisolidSnake

Heh, just watched this today myself before seeing this thread. They do kind of pad these Rewinder videos, but it was cool to see the Rockets in there. Just don't go into these video expecting to see much of anything about the thing being rewound. But you can learn a lot about the times around the event from them. Since I was just a kid at the time, I learned a lot from this one.

SB Nation's pretty good with interesting video series. Some are better than others. Pretty much everything by Jon Bois is downright masterful.

13. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

This was probably the championships Stern went all Thanos and started considering the idea of rigging games.

Season before went to 7 but was so lowly rated NBC pre-empted a game with the OJ chase.

Sweeps might be historic but aren't ratings darlings, esp with MJ goin fishing...wtf??

Post MJ's 2nd retirement all bets are off!