1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

LeBron James opts out of contract, will become unrestricted free agent.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jacoby, Jun 29, 2018.

1. HoustonCRT

HoustonCRT Member

We would have beat them in 5 and swept Boston. Just another 'what could have been' Houston legend.

2. DreaMac

DreaMac Member

3. rammo

rammo Member

God damn it.

Just when I’m utterly resigned to the no LBJ thing, on the back of the opt out thing, as well as the ‘ESPN don’t want LBJ in Houston’ thing...

ESPN post a pic of LBJ in a Rockets jersey.

*********** #ishappeningggg

whiskeyred likes this.
  4. Vivi

Vivi Member

ESPN is just trolling at this point, they have to know Lebron is going to L.A.

5. Rocket Guy

Rocket Guy Member

Eric Gordon is the only player we are losing when referring to “Lesser” team. Every scenario I saw in the sign and trade to Cavs had EG included because he is the only positive player asset that we have. You could argue Ariza but I dont know that anyone we replace him with for a minimum deal wouldn’t be just as good. To me Ariza who decides to shoot 28% from 3 in the playoffs is the LESSER player. He always is worse during postseason and that’s all we care about now is postseason.

bilaal14 likes this.
  6. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

J.R. that is some high level trolling by the ESPN account posting that Rockets/LeBron "what if" AFTER LeBron opts out, knowing NO WAY he is coming to Houston.

Before, Houston was being dismissed. Now that we know he isn't coming...let's post a What If?

FU ESPN.

7. Vin2k2

Vin2k2 Member

It would be like clubbing baby seals.

Nachobar likes this.
  8. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

So would he still go to the Lakers if PG stays in OKC and Kawhi gets traded to the Celts or Sixers?

9. Vivi

Vivi Member

Seems like it, in the end, Cleveland has no future, no assets, no cap space, no way they can improve the team. At least the Lakers will be able to make some moves and should be able to easily get at least another top player.

10. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

apparently yes from all the reports

11. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

ESPN content manager got the green light to release this pic since it’s not happening. That’s probably what heybwould have used if LeBron opted in and got traded here. The headline looked like it was gonna be “CP3 and Harden Look to The King for Help”

Richie_Rich and Deuce like this.
  12. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

13. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

He was gone when he opted out.

Richie_Rich likes this.
  14. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

15. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

The idea that you could find someone equivalent to Trevor Ariza for the minimum is just silly.

Some of you are way overthinking this. Besides the salary constraints, in this under-the-cap fantasy scenario, you're asking CP, LeBron, Capela, etc. all to take paycuts, when there was a simple solution for all of them to literally get paid the max (while giving Morey even more tools to build the roster around them).

Yes, it is theoretically possible to still make LeBron James scenarios work, financially. The problem is that there is no reason to think he's even remotely interested, considering he passed on the opportunity to pursue a much cleaner path that included everyone getting max deals.

Vivi and justtxyank like this.
  16. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Just reiterating the obvious, sir! Sorry, sir!

17. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Trevor Ariza hasn't improved his game since he was a role player on the Wizards. Back when Ariza was on the Knicks Larry Brown said to Ariza "You Suck at 3s" Ariza. Larry forced him not to shoot Ariza, he lost a lot of confidence. But improved it on the Lakers. Was a Young Player playing a Role. Got a big deal on the Rockets, Rockets thought he was a Young Tracy McGrady, his 1st stint on Rockets Ariza can not create or attack the basket, Can't dribble quickly when going to the basket gets stuck passes it out. When he got to the Wizards, that is when he realizes I am getting older I will become a Role Player to stick in the Lineup. Rockets get him during FA, when Parsons left. Ariza has been extremely durable, but inconsistent in shooting, plays average defense.

18. Rocket Guy

Rocket Guy Member

All I am saying is that it is POSSIBLE like you mentioned. If I am betting on it...no obviously I would not put money on it. Capela wouldn't be taking a pay cut unless he actually gets the max. Only CP3 and LeBron take one to the tune of $4 million each. Even if its not LeBron...we could use this route with Paul George if he is considering us. There have been numerous reports of us being interested in him. In the end all I am saying is it is POSSIBLE...and with Morey that''s all you need.

19. Vin2k2

Vin2k2 Member

This takes Mark Berman-style airport stalking to a new level.