1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chris Bosh Looking to Play This Year

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mikol13, Feb 15, 2018.

1. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Just saw Chris Bosh on First Take and he wants to play this year. He has three teams he’s interested in and the Rockets are one of them. I cannot get the video to load.

What say you?

Had to post on Twitter to get it on here.

UPDATE: Full video...

don grahamleone, mockster and FLASH21 like this.
  2. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

If there are multiple lock-down, 100%, he can play clearances from doctors... sure. his skill-set has him as an awesome fit.

but I'm talking like 99 out of 100 doctors saying good to go.

3. T FOR 3!!!

T FOR 3!!! Member

Would love it, but just don't see any team doing this right now. If he can play, he could contribute today.

4. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

He'd be playing if not for his health issues, no way a team takes the risk on this.

don grahamleone and Rocket River like this.
  5. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

From what I recall for Bosh to play again he has to be cleared by 3 doctors. Team, his own? and the League. If he is 100% cleared then so be it. And he would be a perfect fit.

Not so sure he will be cleared, but if he is, great.

Rockets are not going to clear him if they are concerned he will die on the court.

Kendrick Lamar, hakeem94 and D-rock like this.
  6. ilovehtownbb

ilovehtownbb Member

Do not want

macho GRANDE likes this.
  7. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Rockets have enough money to sign him and if Wright looks healthy we can cut Black....

D-rock likes this.
  8. HTM

HTM Member

Must be reconsidering Murray's Ipad proposal.

AXG, Bids9, Jayzers_100 and 7 others like this.
  9. Sidarma

Sidarma Member

Do not want mr dinosaur triceratops or whatever.

hakeem94 likes this.
  10. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Chris Bosh is an awesome ****ing player and I would love to get him.

From what I remember, his blood clotting issue is caused by all the plane rides. There is a simple solution here, Bosh plays all the home games, Ryno, all the road games.

11. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

If he dies, he dies.

Seriously.. this guy was a very good player. Would love to have him but the risk is high seemingly.

Nivos likes this.
  12. J.R.

J.R. Member

(Is it over for you?) Been in the gym, I can still play basketball. No, I'm not done yet.

(You want to play but other saying it's a risk) I do get it. The part that's funny is when people say "Are you OK?" Everything has been great. It was the first situation that was very dire & very serious and I'm lucky to be here. The 2nd situation was you can't play tomorrow. You can't come to the show tomorrow & you haven't been back in awhile & you're just sitting here waiting. That's one of the difficulties behind it. Life hands you things for a reason & I'm riding the wave.

(Teams with trepidation?) 30 teams. Medicine is like law. It's a very gray area. Some people say yes, some people say no. Usually it's about what the majority agrees to. Sometimes it'll take someone to kind of have some revolutionary plan or something like that. I'm not going to be in position risking my life. If I ever get back on the court & people are worried, it's not going to be life risking situation.

(So you're looking to get back next season?) Next season, yeah. Roster spots haven't been filled this season yet. Always a possibility. March 1 is the final day.

(Dream scenario?) A winning situation.

(So top 6?) Top 3. Houston, Golden State, Toronto.

(Cleveland or Toronto?) Whoever makes the best deal.

13. D-rock

D-rock Member

Genius!!

14. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

Didn't the doctors say he can't play anymore?

15. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Bosh at 33 is better than West. Hate David West!

mikol13 likes this.
  16. cwebbster

cwebbster Contributing Member

Woah....I would totally be all over this one if he is healthy.

17. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

I would want to sign Bosh if and only if he is truly healthy. He says he has been in the gym working out. Of course there is a difference between being in the gym and playing NBA games.

Not sure Bosh would ever be medically cleared to play. Who would want to clear him and possibly be liable if something tragic happened?

Perfect fit, but the risk...

seeingredtx and BigMaloe like this.
  18. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

If he's not in the league, it's because doctors aren't letting him in the league, not because he isn't good enough.

It's pretty open and shut. If there's any realistic possibility he could die on the court the league is not gonna let him in.

mikol13 and BigMaloe like this.
  19. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

Not happening. He had blood clots happen again while on already on blood thinners. Nothing's changed. It's life threatening and there's no way to prevent it from happening again. He wanted to keep playing back then too, but why should any team allow him? It would be like letting a football player keep playing after eight concussions. Walk away from the game while you can.

20. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

I would love him to come back to the nba, especially so if he chose the rockets.

But no way will the nba doctor clear him.

Nothing but downside and extremely bad pr for the nba if anything where to happen. And if nothing bad we’re to happen? Cool but nothing worth the risk