1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Paging Codman?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ROXTXIA, Aug 3, 2016.

1. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

I mean..., I'm really not sure we can move him, time is ticking.....and all the FAs are getting picked up. We have no more trade pieces. I'm not saying your attitude or comments are wrong, but I personally think we get guys like Shumpert, Nene, and a mediocre Power Forward and thats it. And because I do agree with you that this year is super crucial I'm pretty disappointed.

2. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

We're the 3rd best regular season team in the West until it's proven we aren't. The playoffs? A shocking ending that still has me shaking my head, yet it was not so long ago that we were playing in the WC Finals. I want to see us make it back, and I think Chris Paul will help take us there. Then anything is possible.

topfive, bilaal14, BigMaloe and 2 others like this.
  3. the shark

the shark Member

People who have cancer can sleep for 15 hrs.

Hope you're ok Cod. Quite a few people praying for you and pulling for ya.

4. adw

adw SuperClutchMan

I have a really bad auto immune disease, you dont even have to have cancer to sleep that long... I have done it many times over the years. You're 100% correct though.

Yep hope you're okay Codman. In my thoughts! All this basketball stuff is all so small in the long run.

D-rock, Deckard, Yung-T and 6 others like this.
  5. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

He just posted in the iggy thread if I am not mistaken

6. DM'sVP

DM'sVP Member

Can I filter this thread for just codman or contributing member posts?

Deuce, Deckard and topfive like this.
  7. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

Recently posted in the Schumpert one as well.

8. alethios

alethios Member

It's truly a privilege to have a poster of this caliber, as Codman, share his insight when he doesn't really have to, when he really needs his rest and preserve his strength. I cheer and applaud you, man!
    [​IMG]

9. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

I truly love all of you guys. Seriously, I appreciate your kindness. It feels odd to have a thread called "Paging Codman" because, honestly, I think that's for our resident superstars in Cyber and Clutch. I'm more of the trusted friend of players/coaches/agents/oneGM guy. I guess I'm a basic ass dude when it comes down to it.

Anyway, thank you all for the well wishes. Cancer sucks. It is exhausting, and I'm working on so many things at once, hoping that I can finish it all before the man upstairs tells me to kick rocks. Outside of coaching in AZ and working with Bart/Priority, I'm finishing my memoir with Big 4 Publishing (Penguin). All of that and going to radiation makes me feel about 189 years old lol.

Some of my best moments during the day are just communicating with the best fans on the net---you guys.

And, just to be clear, when I hear info that I'm allowed to share without burning my many relationships, I always will. I have to be cryptic at times because of mutual friends and players/agents/media who lurk.

My "Ears" have been pretty legit, but I do apologize when things don't come to fruition. I feel badly when I disappoint posters.

But, that's why there's guys like Cyber and Clutch who are the coolest. I'm credible, but not cool haha.

Anyhoo, I'll continue to try to answer posts as often as I can. Sometimes, like right now, I do it from bed, on a conference call, while playing Ne in Words with Friends. (We are super competitive on that one)

Tonight, I'm sprawled out on the couch, sweating, even though the AC is on. Radiation is a powerful b****.

Okay, I'm done complaining.

People have it much worse than me and I'm grateful for being alive, the Rockets, great fans, Clutch and Clutchfans and being able to coach and keep my relationships around the league.

Life is as beautiful as you make it.

You know what else is beautiful?

That sticky stuff on trees that finds a way to stay grounded during an implosion ;)

#749 Codman, Jul 1, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2017
  10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

You are pretty cool as far as I am concerned.

Invisible Fan, D-rock, Vivi and 6 others like this.
  11. Von Rafer

Von Rafer Member

Millsap confirmed lol

12. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

Get well Codman!

D-rock, Codman, jch1911 and 1 other person like this.
  13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I hoped the sticky stuff from the trees and on the earth is an NBA star. ;)o_O

craguin likes this.
  14. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

MillSAP, hunh?

Keep fighting the fight, Cod. Yes, we love the info you bring, but hopefully we can send enough positive energy to help you fight the mofo you're dealing with. Peace, bro.

15. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

My friend you are a rock star on the info you post. I like all nuggets, but as far as I am concerned you are on the same plane as cyber and whoever else you can name. Also appreciate the effort of writing it all out. My father battled the big C and I know how tiring it can be and I know the energy it takes to come on this board. Hopefully you find it just as beneficial as a diversion to come here and share with us.

I'll take some of that sticky tree goo. The rest of the bench is emptying it seems. All that will be left is vulture food in the not too distant future. Too bad that kryptonite of a contract is hanging around our necks. If Ryan wasn't red color blind or whatever it is that screws with his vision in TC maybe he would have worked out better. But 18 mil for him certainly hurts at this point.

D-rock likes this.
  16. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

Go make him a news feed of yours. That is what I did. Can go and find all his posts that way.

DM'sVP, Yung-T and BigShasta like this.
  17. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

Word or you can navigate to his name and read his recent post. It's a morning routine

HakeemOnlyFan and Yung-T like this.
  18. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

Keep your spirits high!

Sticky stuff... Codman means hornets... must be referring to Kemba! 3 Point Guard Deadly Strike!

19. topfive

topfive CF OG

Thanks for the health update, codman. Cancer blows. I have a sister fighting TWO rare cancers simultaneously.

Back to bball... Can you tell us if Ne feels the team honestly wasn't aware of the situation with that 4th year/CBA? Does he still want to stay here if they can work out the $?

20. DustinS

DustinS Contributing Member

I'm pretty sure that Morey has already found a taker for Anderson or he wouldn't be meeting with players that will demand nearly $20m or more...
    Not as interested in Melo as I am in Love. He would be an amazing fit with Harden and CP3.

Melo+Anderson to Cleveland
    LBJ gets his guy while punting Love who obviously didn't work in that system. Anderson is Love-Lite

Love+ small piece (OQuinn or Hernangomez would be great )to Houston
    Third star and excellent fit. Move Andersons contract.

Shumpert+Fryes expiring+ 11m in cap non guaranteeds to New York.
    Start the rebuild and gives them the flexibility to sign George Hill like they are hoping to do