1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[WOJ] Anthony Davis has requested trade

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by lionaire, Jan 28, 2019.

1. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

This sort of makes sense. I just don't know if Davis would want to be part of another "Twin Towers" situation with Embid. I do think it could work but he's probably not going to consider it.

2. Juxtaposed Jolt

Pelicans are smart to request a haul.

LeBron probably can't be as good a player 2 years from now, so the window isn't exactly wide open. If LeBron was like 30, Lakers have all the leverage. As it stands, even though the Lakers have the best offer on the table (due to Boston not in the talks immediately bc of the Irving trade), the Pelicans can at least know they have Davis for the rest of this season and next.

3. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Honestly, with Embiid's injury history I'd rather trade him over Simmons.

4. adoo

adoo Member

not enough; for starters,

kuzma, ball, ingram, KCP's expiring contract and next yr FRP​

5. ClutchFam

ClutchFam Member

What a time for Capela to be injured!

6. malakas

malakas Member

Zero reason for the Pelicans to trade him now. The Lakers anyway want to give out their trashy young players.
    Even if Rich Paul tries to blackmail them with releasing a preferred destination list, they can only get better offers by waiting till the summer.

7. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

The thing is, Davis will dictate where he goes, who knows if the Celtics are even on his radar. He did say contending team and they make the most sense to me. I guess it also depends on what's traded back to the Pelicans. If the team is just Kyrie, Davis, and Gordon then I would have my doubts.

8. adoo

adoo Member

there is more than a good chance that AD had talk them , privately, that LAL is his choice,

do u even know who kuzma, ball, ingram, Zubac are.

9. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

btw..., this is all GSW and KD's fault again. They have really facked up the NBA. I hate them.

BigShasta likes this.
  10. malakas

malakas Member

He can have all the private talks he wants. Shut him down for the rest of the season.
    Yes Im well aware that Ingram Ball Kuzma and Zubac have zero star potential.

11. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Would they settle for Covington/Saric/Bayless and a pick? Asking for a friend.

steddinotayto likes this.
  12. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

I agree with you but between now and 2/7 this discussion is going down and the Pelicans will know Boston's offer. Boston is trading for him now. It's imperative that Morey get in this even though the Rockets are not winning to force the price up ultra high. Make Boston expose their assets or completely deplete the Lakers. I could see Toronto getting heavy in this too. This trade is just as much about steering where Davis goes as it is about landing him. I am tired of this BS where LA is gifted things. F em. They can go to hell. Also as an aside this is a major chance to indirectly move other players should this trade involve multiple teams. Our assets may have value to a team like Memphis in moving Conley somewhere. This side leverage could be used to get the Rockets a player/players they do want and can get.

malakas and FLASH21 like this.
  13. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Wait, can Boston trade for him? I thought Kyrie handcuffs them. Or is it Boston can't then sign him to a 5 year extension?

14. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Lakers would send out a couple of picks to Washington. Who says no? whatt.JPG

adoo likes this.
  15. CCorn

CCorn Member

Need Boston to jump in so the Lakers have to give way too much

rocks123 likes this.
  16. joeson332

joeson332 Member

James Harden for Anthony Davis

hehe

17. joeson332

joeson332 Member

blame the NBA, the Warriors were the only team to take advantage.

18. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

I think this would put both AD and Embiid in positions they always want to play--AD on the wing and Embiid moves back moreso into the paint.

whattttt.JPG

19. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Paul
    Harden
    House
    Tucker
    Davis

is decent. I'd rather have Hakeem in his prime though.

20. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

No, I already blamed KD and the Worriers. The NBA created the supermax to stop this situation but you have these millennial baby players who take millions less to play with their friends and collect fake rings. Meanwhile you have legends like Barkley and Malone who never won a ring but in their prime they tried on their own to do it. NBA rings have never been worth less than now because players are signing 1 year rentals to pick up a stupid ring then go get money. It's ridiculous.

jcmoon likes this.