1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

To Anyone that Understands the Texas A&M Corps of Cadets

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Brando2101, Apr 7, 2016.

1. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

Three members of Texas A&M's Corps of Cadets left the body of a dead dog strung up on the band field as some kind of prank. Does anyone have an explanation? Is there some kind of messed up rivalry between the two? They are not being charged with killing it since they said they found it on the side of the road. There are outlets reporting that they also pissed and **** on the dog.

Three Texas A&M Corps members charged with illegal dumping of dead dog
    http://www.theeagle.com/news/local/...cle_908f1254-0a81-504d-8d94-cc26f6d85e5e.html

#1 Brando2101, Apr 7, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2016
  2. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

I don't understand the point of these ****ers---never hear anything good about them. Are they just wannabee marines or something? I say that because I knew of a couple of people that were part of it and none of them had any military affiliations. They are just racist dirtbags.

3. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Things may have changed but . . . . the Corp of Cadets *ARE* The Band.

Rocket River

4. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

Aggie gonna Aggie

5. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

What a sick and disrespectful thing to do.

6. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Yeah, you have to be in the Corp to be in the marching band. The Corp isn't the band, but the band is part of the Corp.

7. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I have always seen the Corps of Cadets as a homoerotic fraternity with a special Leave it to Beaver fetish.

But now, I should probably update that to a homoerotic fraternity with a special necrophilic bestiality fetish (?). *sad face*

8. Juxtaposed Jolt

Was going to say "inb4 the Longhorns and A&M-haters converge," but I guess I'm too late.

Since when do 3 students (out of 50,000+) represent a school, or an entire student body? As an isolated incident, you can't even say the 3 represent the Corp.

I'm not trying to defend the 3 pieces of crap that did this, but people shouldn't associate the actions of a very, very select few, to an entire school.

9. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

They are 18-20 year olds in a testosterone fueled Sparta. You can't expect sober considered behaviour. If breaking balls isn't your idea of camaraderie, don't join the Corp. It's sort of the punk rock of military training. I have equal parts abhorrence and respect.

Just be glad these morons are the ones doing the fighting so we lover types don't have to.

(TAMU gradiate, non-Corps)

10. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

so are they part of the military or not? And that was a terrible justification.

11. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

I don't think that they are part of the military but many of them go on to become military officers after graduating.

I am by no means an Aggie or fan of the school, but there is a lot of generalization going on in this thread over something that three idiot kids did.

12. Jontro

Jontro Member

I knew some dudes who went there and joined the Corp. They were hardcore JROTC kids in high school. Although some are a bit misinformed about international culture and races... I wouldn't necessarily call them racist (the ones I know), just a bit ignorant. But nice people really. They wouldn't fall under these idiots category who do stupid things like this.

13. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

There are idiots in every group. I'm hispanic and lived in the dorms right next to the corp when I went to A&M, never had any problem with the corp played basketball all the time.

It's easy to generalize but you can find idiots in every group at every school around the country.

14. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Country boys bringing in their west texas **** kicker customs.

Not all of them are bad since I've met a few but there can be some guys from rural places.

15. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

so just the guys from rural places are bad...ok. Makes sense

16. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

if picking up dead dogs on the side of the road and using them for college pranks is your idea of camaraderie, dont join the corp.

imo, seals and rangers and other elite groups w/in the actual military are more punk rock than these wanna-bes. and what fighting are these morons actually doing? i remember when one of them drew a sword on someone at a football game b/c they walked infront of the aggie band when they were playing...thats about as close to fighting as i have ever heard one of these kids doing.

stunts like this are good training for prison guard, i suppose.

17. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

18. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I'm sure not all rural people are bad but can you imagine entertaining yourself on a farm in in the middle of nowhere?

19. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

I'm asking if anyone knows what the point would be. If they did something like this to a longhorn and dumped it at UT then I would understand the motivation. Why would they piss on a dead dog, put a A&M cap on it and string it up on the band field? Who was that for?

20. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

My understanding is that there has always been a rivalry between the corp and the band.

Sort of like the SA and the SS in Germany back in the 1930's. I'M KIDDING.*

*sort of