1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

THIS is the right way to complain about officiating.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by D-rock, Sep 20, 2020.

1. D-rock

D-rock Member

2. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

LeBron really does forcefully complain after calls in the bubble. It's a bad look. As far as the right way to complain, I like how JVG did it. Exposing corruption during a press conference, in front of the cameras, for everyone to see.

He was fined for that. Hope it was rescinded. If not, it needs to be.

3. Jontro

Jontro Member

i thought cuban was more effective, which eventually led to jvg's 100k fine. the refs still went with cuban.

D-rock likes this.
  4. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

LOL. LeBron's response: I'm LeComissioner. Did you not get the memo? And who the hell are you?

D-rock and fckbandwagons like this.
  5. Mattician

Mattician Member

Queen James

Tfor3 and D-rock like this.
  6. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

That's coo, but I'm a 99'er, we don't side with anything associated with Dallas or Utah.

Jontro likes this.
  7. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

through the eyes of a zebra, murray just aged 8yrs and grew a santa beard

8. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

9. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Another Murray complaining to refs? He has spreadsheets?

Tony Brothers wipes Silver's ass spreadsheets that have rockets letterhead. Running out cuz of the covid....

pippendagimp and hakeem94 like this.
  10. SORF

SORF Member

I agree with Murray. Every time Westbrook or Harden drove into the paint, Crybaby LeBron yell to the refs for a foul on them. Why don't the refs tell LeBron to shut up, play basketball, and leave the officiating to them. In other words, STFU LeBron.

D-rock, napalm06 and fckbandwagons like this.
  11. TimDuncanDonaut

Hire Javie as an assistant. His only job is complain on behalf of the players and head coach.

Joking aside, If you notice tonight's Lakers and Nuggets game (game 3). After the Lakers over celebrated, calls went the other way for a while. Sometimes unfair, but Refs rule with an iron fist. It's sometimes better to get on their good side than not.

Over complaining can hurt a player's cause. Most of the times players (including Rocket players) talks to Refs calmly. Jeff Green, RoCo few guys do it calmly. Ego and Russ can tone it down a bit.

Some of the complaints like when our guys got hit in the nuts (probably more than any other playoff teams this year), is warranted. We need a goon.

It is what it is.

#11 TimDuncanDonaut, Sep 20, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2020
    D-rock and kjayp like this.
  12. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Lebron really didn't play a minute of games 1-3 in the Rockets series with his mouth shut. There were parts of game 2 when i kept asking how he did not get a tech. Even when he's on the bench he's over there looking like a Muppet with that massive mouth of his flapping at the refs like a metronome. Seriously annoying in a 7 game series.

D-rock likes this.
  13. alethios

alethios Member

LeBron is the puppet master of the NBA. I believe the NBA is afraid of him.

14. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Doesn't Harden complain a lot?

15. fchowd0311

How can people lack this much self-awareness as a Rocket fan? Like as Rocket fans, b****ing about another player of another team complaining about refs isn't the hill I want to die on because the entire public outside of people in Houston thinks Harden is one of the biggest complainers about not getting calls in the league.

16. Madano

Madano Contributing Member

Do you watch Rockets games or just read r/NBA? Harden used to complain a little more when he would try to bait fouls instead of finishing, but he has been a lot better the last few years. Honestly, even then he would just play more passive and look dejected than complain. Harden isn't even in the same realm as LeBron when it comes to complaining about calls. LeBron somehow tops even Eric Gordon.

D-rock likes this.
  17. fchowd0311

I watch every single Rockets game to my own detriment to productivity.

Harden complains a lot. He has the most conversations with refs when a timeout is called or when there is a game break relative to any other player of seen.

I think I'm being more objective about this than you. We are both Rocket fans.

Madano likes this.
  18. Madano

Madano Contributing Member

Maybe it is rose-tinted glasses, but Harden is rarely super demonstrative with them. I know he will put his palms to the sky and bug out his eyes every once in a while, but i think saying he is anywhere near as bad as LeBron has been is going past trying to be unbiased. It could just be that i see discussing calls calmly going into timeout as being different and you don't, which is fair.

ParaSolid and D-rock like this.
  19. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

yeah and meanwhile lebron is getting calls overturned without a challenge just because he jumps up and down and screams at the ref.

man I really wish that Russ was Russ that series (or at least sub all star Russ).

D-rock and HardenVolumeOne like this.
  20. HardenVolumeOne

LeBron is driving the NBA into a hole that im not sure the league will be able to recover from when the pandemic restrictions are lifted.

D-rock likes this.