1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The WWE/Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by stthomsfinest, Aug 20, 2013.

1. DorianTurk

DorianTurk Member

AJ's pipebomb-like promo was incredible...no woman on the roster is close IMO

2. Beavis Stiffler

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/MIbiaI5T-e0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

3. So Good

So Good Member

Punk is a tweener, like Stone Cold. Where he doesn't really give a damn but he's so over that the crowd won't boo him. Hell, lol, they cheered when he was feuding with the Undertaker even when he pulled the Paul Bearer death angle.

I'm a huge Ziggler mark. Arguably the best wrestler/performer in the WWE. The problem with him is that the writers/Vince McMahon doesn't know what to do with him. They've given him the Shawn Michaels "I'm incredibly really really good looking, can wrestle and will steal the show" type of character which could come off cocky, hence I would also put him in the tweener category.

I can see Shawn Michaels coming back to help Daniel Bryan since he's gone on record several times about how good he is and how he should be pushed.

4. nickb492

nickb492 Contributing Member

Saw this a thought it was cool

[​IMG]

Plus they have Buff Bagwell, Disciple, and Scott Norton. Most of the NWO is going to be there which is pretty damn cool.

Plus Mario Elie is going to be there Sunday signing for free

5. So Good

So Good Member

Oh no...sounds like a disaster....Have you seen Scott Hall?

What would make it worse if they had Jim Anvil Neidhart there.

6. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Speaking of the anvil. Have you seen that video? Good lord, something is wrong with him.

7. Preston27

Preston27 Contributing Member

Scott Hall is actually getting a LOT better ever since taking up DDP on his offer for help.

8. atomicanderz

atomicanderz Member

It was impressive. First time I didn't FF through a divas segment in a while.

9. stthomsfinest

stthomsfinest Member

Someone had already posted this like a page or so back. I also heard X-pac talk about it on a pro wrestling radio show I listen to online. Don't know how good it will be since most everyone is old and washed up.

10. stthomsfinest

stthomsfinest Member

Damn...

http://gawker.com/mom-kills-newborn-in-sports-bar-bathroom-returns-to-wr-1209219551

[​IMG]

Would hit...repeatedly with a steel chair.

11. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

So... that's 3 weeks in a row where Daniel Bryan has been destroyed to end Raw.

But, this New Corporation story is doing a really good job reeling me back into something that I only watch every once in a while.

12. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

I remember scsa getting the upper hand a lot.

13. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

It seems they are over doing it, we get it he's an underdog. And what's with the Big Show angle. I just don't see where they are going with this. Unless they are just repeating the exact same monster heel Big Show they did last year, they can't expect him to draw as a top face.

Punk is the only other main event face active right now, I'm waiting for another one to get pushed. Cena and Sheamus are a long way off, and they can't drag this one angle on that long.

And after AJ delivered maybe the greatest female promo of all time, they follow it up with this. Talk about knowing how to kill momentum.

14. DorianTurk

DorianTurk Member

The one thing I dont like is the fact that they're pushing big show down our throats as this "Crybaby" of sorts...stick to him being mean and turn his back on dbry then push Ziggler to be Dbry's partner in crime. We need more fresh faces w/ momentum. After Ziggler lost his WHC due to his "concussion", he has lost all momentum and is apparently in the doghouse for speaking his mind. This stuff is just ridiculous w/ the dictatorship of who gets pushed...obviously everyone wants Ziggler over but yet VKM always finds a way to screw someone over -_-

I'm just hoping that the payoff for this will be amazing! Maybe they could turn it into a face vs face Wrestlemania 30 main event with Dbry vs Punk for the WWE titles...Punk deserves to be in the main event more than anyone in the roster IMO

15. stthomsfinest

stthomsfinest Member

RAW last night honestly felt like a re-run. The roster back out on stage with no one doing anything. Bryan laid out again, Orton on top again.

Even the entire Big Show contract and "think of your family" and "What else can you be other than a wrestler?" and the whole Big Show crying like a b**** was done the first time around with Johnny Laurinaitus.

Anytime there is an angle where Big Show is crying like a girl is a flop in my eyes. It's just not authentic in the least. And since when are Bryan and Show cool? Just cause they are both currently babyfaces?

On the plus-side, Cody Rhodes had a star making match with Orton and I liked his promo at the end. Hopefully they can deliver on the follow up.

16. The Drake

The Drake Member

This was my big take-away from last night. Cody might finally be getting that main-event push.

Sure, the beatdowns are starting to get a bit repetitive, but I'm really enjoying how dark this angle is getting. The "New Corporation" is getting more sadistic each week, and when you consider how PG the product is supposed to be, Stephanie telling Big Show that he's gonna die soon (which sadly, is kinda true) was insane.

My guess is this is building to a Survivor Series main event with Triple H/Orton/Shield vs Bryan/Big Show/Rhodes and two others (Ziggler and Henry?).

17. atomicanderz

atomicanderz Member

Biggest plus of Raw was Rhodes. I think he became a star last night. Hopefully, they bring him back the right way with a lot of momentum.

They're def. trying to make sure we all understand how helpless DBryan is. Cena may end up being his savior when he returns. I still think DB wins the Rumble and then the title at WM. But, they have to add more angles to this fued to keep it interesting for almost 8months.
    Getting Ziggler involved as a face would help IMO.

18. The Drake

The Drake Member

Agreed, especially about Ziggler. He needs something to do in the worst way. He's lost all momentum, which is kind of shocking after his incredible MITB cash-in.

19. Creepy Crawl

Creepy Crawl Member

Found this amusing:

[​IMG]

20. edwardc

edwardc Member

didn't like him before don't like him now there are so many oters that should get the push.