1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Last Melo Thread? Melo comments on his departure from HOU

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Aug 2, 2019.

1. DirtyDizzil

DirtyDizzil Member

Melo on TV for a pity party, hope no one shows up.

Dankstronaut likes this.
  2. J.R.

J.R. Member

Morey is a star ****er. @DaDakota

DaDakota likes this.
  3. adw

adw SuperClutchMan

I give no flying f's how he feels, if we did or didn't do him dirty... at the end of the day he's still rich asf. Just shut up and enjoy your early retirement being set for life.

Sanctity and JayGoogle like this.
  4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

yep, but I think Harden was consulted and CP3 was not.

DD

hakeem94 and Sanctity like this.
  5. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Now that it’s abundantly clear the owner won’t let him spend $$, I don’t think we can knock Morey for that. Melo was likely the best cheap option available.

hakeem94 likes this.
  6. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

I don’t think Morey handles the matter of Melo very well.

Good players perhaps do not want to play here.

7. Reeko

Reeko Member

Why hasn’t anyone picked up Melo if he still has game and it was just a case of the Rockets doing him dirty? I see no one who’s trying to attack the Rockets wants to answer that question...

mario_v and fckbandwagons like this.
  8. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

MDA also had some responsibility for this.

He didn’t have any adjustments or plan on how Melo’s gonna play in this team.

Again Melo was never the reason our bad start.
    If you really watch the game, you clearly know that.

9. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Morey had many better ways to handle this than straightly tell Melo you are not needed.I thought any Gm are good at PR.

10. Reeko

Reeko Member

What should Morey have told Melo instead? All this talk over some washed dude on a minimum deal is getting ridiculous. We never should’ve signed this scrub.

I have no problem at all with Melo getting cut after 10 games, or are we now going to act like Melo would’ve gladly accepted being bounced out of the rotation and no longer playing at all just lounging around on the bench game after game? Let’s just keep it 100, Melo was atrocious here, and unlike someone like EG who also started off the season horribly, there was absolutely zero hope that Melo would turn things around since he’s washed.

11. jsilencio

jsilencio Member

Morey didn't owe this fool anything. He gave him a chance, didn't like the result, and moved on.

"You tellin' me I can't crack a 9, 10 man rotation?" Yes, Melo, that's what we're telling you.

BamBam, D-rock and hakeem94 like this.
  12. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

I'm not sure he was disrespected... But my point is he has glaring weaknesses. This isn't prime Melo teams are passing up. He needs to improve and let a more well rounded game do the talking.

13. pauebtg

pauebtg Member

Not really a fan of Melo, but I feel like they really did him wrong on his time here. I mean he has a point, he couldn't even crack a 9 man rotation? Something ain't right....He might not be in his prime anymore and his defense is lack luster, but he still was (in my opinion) the 6th or 7th best player on the team at that time.

14. topfive

topfive CF OG

You forgot that he also got Bzdelik fired. Melo sent at least two NBA head coaches home with a pink slip.

D-rock likes this.
  15. topfive

topfive CF OG

So pick one, because you can't have it both ways:

* Melo was a good player who DID want to play here.

-OR-

* Melo was no longer a very good player and Morey handled the matter well.

D-rock, hakeem94 and BigShasta like this.
  16. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

Stupid, stupid, stupid. You've had tons of opinions on Carmelo, and ALL of them are hot garbage. He's been BLACKBALLED for non related basketball reasons. That's why nobody's picked him up

17. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Such as?

D-rock and topfive like this.
  18. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

Everything Melo said in the interview adds up to what I said earlier in the regular season. The Rockets cut him prematurely to make him look bad. It was a grudge move but I'm not sure who was behind it. If it wasn't MDA, then most likely it came from either Tilman or Harden. No decision like that would be made without Harden knowing, so maybe it was a move to show up CP3 since that was his boy

hakeem94 likes this.
  19. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

Either it was Harden or Tilman. Tilman for cap reasons. Harden because he wanted to send a message to CP who runs the team. Melo's CP's boy & it would basically make a statement by cutting him that way

20. Eddie Cecco

Eddie Cecco Member

Harden was one of the most active voices asking for the Bzdelik's return.

Anyone who knows the organization minimally knows that Harden is consulted by almost everything, he was one of the first persons who knew that Melo was out.

Regards.

D-rock likes this.