1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The "JV Team" strikes again: 70+ dead in Quetta, Pakistan

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Cohete Rojo, Aug 8, 2016.

1. Exiled

Exiled Member

Salafi calls Daesh by Fahesh =obscenity

2. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

I have a solution! Why don't we team up with say, Israel AND Saudi Arabia to hire some mercenaries and pay off some clerics and round up a bunch of unemployed fundamentalists and give them a bunch of cool weapons and encourage them to go on jihad and rape some people and stuff and at the same time finance operations against those clowns and mercenaries to support our military-industrial complex and advance our purposes over there by destabilizing various parts of the region which will allow us to get our fingers into sovereign nations that we couldn't normally mess with? Meanwhile, we can have the FBI encourage ISIS sympathizers to "tear up Texas" n such so we can beef up the FBI and police and all coz people are pissed coz they feel like they're being sucked dry somehow, economically speaking. . . .

3. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Why does every ISIS inspired or directed terrorist attack have to be turned into a Muslim-bashing thread?

1 person likes this.
  4. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

Trumptards gonna Trumptard.

5. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Hmm... don't think that's in the budget.

6. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Reality for some people is that the world has run amok, moving away from the tenets of God and they are justified in forcing people to conform to their view of a cohesive single ideology.

7. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Random Person: I like the color blue
    el gnome: Trumptards gonna Trumptard. Everyone knows helmet is a better color dur dur dur

1 person likes this.
  8. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

As if "JV team" isn't snark? Yes, abandoning Salafi Arabia is a "solution". You wouldn't mind paying a slightly higher price for oil, would you?

9. dmoneybangbang

Is there a way we can do this at this taxpayer's expense?

10. dmoneybangbang

Oil? You mean that thing we produced so much we caused a global supply glut?

11. Cohete Rojo

Ignorance is bliss, is it not?

12. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

Lol story checks out. Trumptard.

13. CometsWin

I don't think what is your solution to Islamic terrorism was the question that preceded with JV team as the answer.

I also don't think abandoning Saudi Arabia, which I do support because they're scumbags, is going to put that Islamic terrorism genie back in the bottle. I have a hybrid so I'm good on oil.

BTW, this is the text of the JV comment that you love and he wasn't even referring to ISIS. He was speaking of terrorist groups in general. Read the quote, no need to misrepresent it over and over and over and over.

In the 2012 campaign, Obama spoke not only of killing Osama bin Laden; he also said that Al Qaeda had been “decimated.” I pointed out that the flag of Al Qaeda is now flying in Falluja, in Iraq, and among various rebel factions in Syria; Al Qaeda has asserted a presence in parts of Africa, too.

The analogy we use around here sometimes, and I think is accurate, is if a jayvee team puts on Lakers uniforms that doesn’t make them Kobe Bryant,” Obama said, resorting to an uncharacteristically flip analogy. “I think there is a distinction between the capacity and reach of a bin Laden and a network that is actively planning major terrorist plots against the homeland versus jihadists who are engaged in various local power struggles and disputes, often sectarian.

“Let’s just keep in mind, Falluja is a profoundly conservative Sunni city in a country that, independent of anything we do, is deeply divided along sectarian lines. And how we think about terrorism has to be defined and specific enough that it doesn’t lead us to think that any horrible actions that take place around the world that are motivated in part by an extremist Islamic ideology are a direct threat to us or something that we have to wade into.”

So you can keep using the JV team thing but it's not really what you think it means.

14. Cohete Rojo

Except you don't realize that he "waded" right back into the situation. I think I should cease replying to your posts until you show some understanding that there are nearly 5,000 troops in Iraq and Syria.

JV team?

15. CometsWin

So again you're b****ing about the "JV team" which is why you posted this thread and you're b****ing about the troops in Iraq and Syria to deal with them. Are you schizophrenic? Which do you want? Unchecked terrorists running around Syria and Iraq or American troops trying to help Syrians and Iraqis eliminate them? Make a choice.

16. Cohete Rojo

Good grief.

Whining about terrorism? There are families and entire countries who have been torn apart because of these terrorists.

b****ing about troops? These people are putting their lives on the line. For what? What threat to the US does ISIS pose that warrants them being placed in harms way? We've sent nearly another 1,000 to Iraq this year.

Are you f-ing moronic?

17. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

True: whatever the U.S. is doing because of ISIS is very high stakes and includes lots of death. I hate it. But that does not prove anything about ISIS itself.

Remember Iraq 2? That whole huge war was based on an illusion.

18. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

we bomb ISIS on a weekly basis.

19. dmoneybangbang

No they were torn apart because we destabilized an entire region.

Meddling, as the US foreign policy has been for the past +60 years, requires troops across the globe.

20. dmoneybangbang

Well at the time we were merely securing energy for the developed world and China. The jokes on us now that the US has the most known oil reserves due to the shale boom.