1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texans Select TCU DT Ross Blacklock with 40th pick of 2020 NFL Draft

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Fulgore, Apr 24, 2020.

?

Do you like the selection of Ross Blacklock

1. Yes

83 vote(s)
    88.3%
  2. No

11 vote(s)
    11.7%
  1. Juxtaposed Jolt

Are you daft? It IS a big deal. Also, fights don't happen in the NFL all the time. And if they did, that's also grounds for an ejection.

Unless you're some unstoppable defensive force, the best ability is availability for most of these NFL players. Getting ejected takes away that ability.

https://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation...cting-players-who-dont-actually-throw-a-punch

Under no circumstances should you even give the refs the opportunity to throw you out.

2. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Damn man you acting like this man committed a felony.

Might as well cut him then sheesh.

3. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Did you see the video?

Brown was doing a little too much after the whistle and Ross was already tied up with another player.

He was defending himself for all I’m concerned and there isn’t no telling how long brown had been doing it all game.

raining threes likes this.
  4. Juxtaposed Jolt

Nah. Ross Blacklock has nothing to do with me saying you're wrong.

tierre_brown and Rudyc281 like this.
  5. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

I’m in no way defending his trash play. I’m just not trying to overreact to his action.

And if some of y’all are getting all worked up over this small little incident. Which it is because if it was that huge of a incident or that big of a deal it would be all over the media.

So if y’all getting this worked up over this I wonder how some of y’all reaction was too the Myles Garrett incident?

Where some of y’all calling for a lifetime ban? How about some of y’all reaction to some of Suh incidents?

Or how about what AJ Green did to Ramsey few years back?

I can go on and on.

6. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

It's a small incident, but there maybe more because JJ kinda buried him. JJ is a pretty public guy and a veteran leader, he would know how to adjust the level of political correctness, or coach speak maybe, in his answers to not throw any stones.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  7. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

And for everybody who wants to crucify this man for throwing a punch in the middle of the game...better not call for the Texans to sign guys with criminal history pass or who have character issues...because y’all want to let Ross have it for throwing a punch.

8. J.R.

J.R. Member

Major, major overreaction. (Especially from Justin James. I thought we keep things "in house"? Also, was it really a punch or just a shove?)

raining threes and Rudyc281 like this.
  9. Juxtaposed Jolt

Bruh, you're the one blowing this whole thing out of proportion. No one is calling for the Texans to cut this guy.

The dude committed a foul. He was properly penalized for it. Move on.

Should he have thrown a punch, regardless of circumstance? No.
    Should he have been penalized for throwing a punch? Yes. Was he? Yes.

Like @vinsensual said, I'm sure Watt thought about this incident before letting his voice be heard. If Watt said "I dunno what happened," then that's a very dumb thing. You're team captain of the defense - to feign ignorance is not what a leader does.

raining threes and Rudyc281 like this.
  10. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

You are bashing this guy and bringing up the rule book.

And I definitely don’t like how JJ handled it regardless of your take on it.

So what’s to stop Ross from humiliating JJ the next time? Let’s just say JJ has a late game roughing the passer call or jumps offsides and it cost us the game.

Should Ross be able to rip JJ in front of the media and call JJ our for being “stupid or selfish” and say it pissed him off?

11. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Thank you @J.R.

raining threes and J.R. like this.
  12. Juxtaposed Jolt

You're the one saying throwing punches is no big deal. The rule book allows refs to eject players based on their interpretations, so it IS a big deal. I'm not bashing Blacklock - I'm saying that you're wrong. It's a big deal, because it affects the game. Imagine being a rookie and not getting a preseason. To get experience against actual competition is so beneficial. A benefit that doesn't exist if you get ejected.

Watt is a team captain, multiple time DPoY, one of the best defensive players of all time, etc. Like it or not, this allows him certain flexibility in calling out players. Also, it's not like JJ is calling out players every single week for every single mistake. Watt didn't even rip into Blacklock that hard, and he talked about that one particular play. There was no attack on Blacklock's character.

You're taking this so personally, as if Watt "humiliated" you instead of Blacklock.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  13. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Agree to disagree

Ross wasn’t wrong for what he did
    It wasn’t a big deal
    Watt was wrong

Just my opinions

14. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Based on this comment, it appears clear this isn't the first time he did something stupid

""It's stupid. It's selfish," Watt said after the game. "It was a stupid play. It was selfish. It's something -- I mean, I've spoken to Ross before and so it pisses me off. It's a very selfish move. Late in the game, and it's dumb, very dumb to hurt your team in that type of setting for no reason."

charlieaustin, King1 and Rudyc281 like this.
  15. SC1211

SC1211 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yup, this.

Not sure why people are getting so worked up defending him - if this is a habit and he's playing like garbage on the field, don't become a distraction. It's a small issue, JJ commented, and everyone will move on. I'm much more concerned by the fact that he seems to have no idea what he's doing out there.

DonkeyMagic likes this.
  16. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

when do they ever do that to begin with? this team passes on great available talent because they are not "Texan Worthy" - i think weed smoking Laremy Tunsil may have been the first eyebrow raiser. More recent lax feelings on the social justice war that is going on - which is mainly self preservatory because the franchise itself has shoved its shoe in its mouth several times in those instances in the past with Bob McNair.

Its cool Russ is a hometown bro - but JJ has NEVER called out anyone like this before. Either they got beef personally or Russ is starting to develop a reputation as some sort of hot head player. You always have to play under control. He's not playing well at all, obviously its affecting him, so he can either work harder and get better or he will lash out in these types of ways because he's reached a point where he's not the baddest dude in the room anymore, and he might do himself some good by talking less and listening more especially when you have a HOF in your ear who can teach you everything you need to know about your position.

Props for supporting the guy I get it, but youngsters need to be checked at times its just how the world works.

cmoak1982 and Rudyc281 like this.
  17. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Now that’s how JJ should of handled it.

Buts over now and on to Pittsburgh.

18. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Dude, let it go. Ross was the big dumby in this situation. You’re focused on the wrong thing. Your whole perception on this situation is flawed

Rudyc281 likes this.
  19. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

JJ knows how to answer like that. He has a mic in his face after every loss for like the last 7 seasons, and he's been able to answer without throwing anyone, even BROCK OSWEILER under the bus. Clowney has had clutch offsides calls and JJ is able to wriggle around saying anything damning.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  20. J.R.

J.R. Member

LOL Healthy scratch-inactive.

Once you get in Bob's doghouse,...

Anytime you can trade a top 5 WR for David Johnson/Ross Blacklock, you make that trade 100 out of 100 times.