1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: CP feels betrayed by Morey and Harden

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Eddie Cecco, Jul 13, 2019.

1. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

I feel like I'm being rude for saying this, but literally all of OPs posts are things that haven't come to fruition. Now, I'm not calling him out for being a "fake insider" or whatever, but it's something to note.

Screenshot (10).png

That said, whether it's from sources or not, it's not too hard to believe that CP3 feels some kind of way about this whole situation, and the truth of the matter is that Morey did promise that he wasn't going to trade him, and yet he still did. That's the part I don't like.

That said, CP3 is a grown man, and someone who I respect--especially for his time as a Rocket. He'll be fine. His legacy is untarnished, and he has plenty of money in the bank as well.

And, as much as I empathize with CP3's situation, I'm a Rockets fan first and foremost: so I truly wish him well and hope he never has a good game against our team again.

2. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

When you go down with an injury and the team has to make due without you, you can't expect them to cater to you when you get back. There's a lot MDA does that i don't agree with, but the bottom line is that Chris Paul was traded because he's not a super star anymore. He's missed more time than is acceptable on a max contract while Harden has been the iron man. CP3's skill and health were only going to further erode. I loved his passion. I loved his first year with us. Keeping him on the team would not have been the end of the world, but we needed another super star player capable of shouldering the load. That's just not Chris Paul anymore. I don't really see how the rockets did anything wrong by moving on from CP3 and trying to upgrade the team with Russ. I wish no ill will on CP3, but i don't feel sorry for people who make $40+ mil a year in the sports and entertainment industry.

3. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

Thanks eddie for the info seems legit, just wanted to mention before people start feeling sorry for these pro basketball players (they are extremely well compensated for their services).

matchesmalone and daywalker02 like this.
  4. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Youre right, thats why CP wanted to play the style before his injury.
    For as great as Harden is, hes equally as blind some times. Having D,Anphonie as an enabler is far worse. But, then again, CP was on a downhill slide last year as well.

Vivi, DreamShook and daywalker02 like this.
  5. threepointshot3

He is a future hall of farmer but Harden is on another level

6. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

tilmen fans trying to shift the blame onto Chris Paul is hilarious

7. anchel

anchel Member

Yeah, Paul is an important voice around the NBA. Morey has been a rat and I don't think this story ends with the trade. Wait for Paul to speak...

8. threepointshot3

Is that the same style that coincided with the horrendous start and once harden took over it then coincided with our best and longest wining streaks of the season? In fact didn’t the rockets finish with the best record in the nba after the 11-15 start which started with Harden going nuclear?

9. Rockets Rule

Rockets Rule Contributing Member

it’s hard getting over “man boobs”......

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

This is not necessarily all about Chris Paul but Fertitta is going to do that to more players.

Just wait and see.

However, I hope he sees the light and changes.

11. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I said that the trade would be centered around Danny Green, not that those two alone would do it.

Thunder would have no issue flipping Green to anyone else and the rest of the Lakers contracts are shorter and cheaper, if the Lakers wanted CP3 this could be easily done.

Thunder would do it just for getting out of CP3s contract, if they think they are getting young players or draft picks for CP3s contract then he's going to be on the Thunder for the entire year because no one is giving up young players or draft picks for CP3.

Lakers would do it because they would have some infatuation with CP3 and I think for the Lakers, CP3 even at this age could be a plus for them...over Green, not sure, but there's an argument for it.

basketballholic likes this.
  12. macan

macan Member

nothing personal, it's just business. Morey trying to assemble the best team possible for whatever the market gives us. WB is a better player than CP (he's no longer in his all star form) at this moment. we finally got a legit all star player to pair with Harden. i'm just glad Morey made this trade. let's see what's what in the playoffs next year.

Aruba77 likes this.
  13. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Someone started a pointless argument. Few players in NBA history are on Harden's level - as a scorer. Paul is a hall of fame player and one of the smartest.

Neither of them have "won" on their own. Paul seemed more open to offensive style changes than Harden. We tried Harden's way - it imploded in 6 games against the Warriors without Durant.

I argue that more than the offense, we need power forwards and rebounders. You can score all you want, but if you can't defend, goodbye.

Arguing Paul vs Harden is just a distraction. You need a balanced roster. Westbrook is going to have to help with that. He also never won in OKC playing the same style of ball as Harden - they had big holes in their roster balance too (shooting wings).

People fixate on stars but guys 3-8 are also critical to your success. Ask Toronto. They beat Philly and Milwaukee who both had more hyped and "flashy" players.

clutchdabear likes this.
  14. topfive

topfive CF OG

Assuming OP's sources are good for the sake of argument:

If CP3 had truly wanted to stay in Houston, he would have tried harder last season, for more than a single playoff game. I grew weary of watching him half-ass it and come up short game after game. He's simply too smart and has too much skill to perform in such a mediocre fashion.

True leaders aren't concerned with getting their way. They don't try to inspire others by yelling at them about their flaws. Instead, they lead by example, and last year, Chris Paul's example was the opposite of what a leader should be.

15. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

Presti, a gm that seems to get every fa we are after, sends Westbrook to his preferred destination at a discount

Morey and poor poor tilmen, who cant even get a meeting with Jimmy Butler, sends Chris to bum**** OKC

You wonder why things play out like they do

BeardNation13 likes this.
  16. threepointshot3

Swayyyyguy

17. juanm34

juanm34 Member

CP3 wanted out.....unfortunately he landed in OKC. CP3 will be fine. - un-named / unreliable source.

Philip K. Nick likes this.
  18. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Sure... If thats the way you want to look at it.

Its also the same style that got us the best overall record in the nba the year previous, a 2 game lead in the WCF, and a real chance at the finals.

SF3isBack!! likes this.
  19. Clutch City1993

Clutch City1993 Bury Me In The H
    Supporting Member

Tilly doesnt have any fans on here bro

20. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Exactly. If Chris was upset we cut Melo and changed styles after getting off to a terrible start last year, I don’t have much sympathy.

luckyman76, SF3isBack!! and topfive like this.