1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

So I've never seen Star Wars.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by vaioavan63, Oct 31, 2015.

Tags:
  1. vaioavan63

vaioavan63 Contributing Member

In what order should I watch them to get the full experience? I heard episode 1 The Phantom Menace is a prequel. So should I start there? I also heard that the original release has been renamed episode IV or something like that so I'm confused.

2. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Without a doubt, watch the original releases first . IV, V, VI then I, II, III.

3. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

A New Hope, Empire Strikes Back, Return of the Jedi.

That's it. Then you go watch the one that's coming out in December. There was never anything else. These are not the droids you are looking for.

[​IMG]

4. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

^^
    This is how you should watch it.

The Fandom will tell you to hate the prequels (I, II, III), but don't be embarrassed if you like them or even prefer them to the originals (IV, V, VI ). The originals are absolutely fantastic, but I can see how a newbie would find them boring.

Re-watching the movies with my sister since she somehow hasn't watched them either. The hype has her intrigued about the new installment.

5. Jontro

Jontro Member

Luke is an orphan who has no father.

6. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

The prequels are garbage. Watch IV, V, and VI then go see the new ones. You'll regret wasting hours of your life on the prequels. I tried watching them again recently and they were more than cringe worthy terrible. Just awful.

7. vaioavan63

Yeah all this hype about the new movie has me intruiged. And I'm always open to new things. Even though I've already been spoiled on who is someone's father. It will be interesting to see what led up to that scene.

8. vaioavan63

Thanks. I remember hearing countless jabs on this Jar Jar Binks character back in the early 2000s. So the original releases it is.

9. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

As for which editions, there are fan-edits which are better than the modern bluray releases. The adywan edit is great for the original trilogy, and The Phantom Edit for episode I.

10. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

The prequel trilogy isn't as bad as it's reputation, but it's a clear step down from the original trilogy.

Watch the originals first and then watch the prequels. Make you own judgement and don't let other people tell you what you are "supposed" to think about them.

11. vaioavan63

Thanks. I will watch them in that order!

12. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

The plot of the Phantom Menace centers on trade and space taxes. Boring as hell.

13. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Yea...Lucas wrote and meant for IV to be seen first followed by the next two and circling back around to the beginning. You will somewhat ruin IV - VI if you start with I - III.

14. Hustle Town

Hustle Town Contributing Member

Just watch all of them and decide for yourself if you like or don't like the prequels. Don't let the fanboys decide for you. As everyone else has said, do IV, V, VI then I, II, III.

15. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I actually have also never seen any Star Wars movie. But I also have no interest

16. vaioavan63

I don't usually let fan boys decide but the majority has spoken and I will go with that.

17. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

If you're the guy who prefers Jaden Smith to Ralph Macchio, then by all means watch the prequels. If not then don't waste your time.

18. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I know this!! But we are in an age of 1 billion dollar Transformer movies. A newbie might not even care about the plot when the packaging is nice. The prequels look very nice. I don't want these new potential Star Wars fans to feel like there is something wrong with them if they don't mind the prequels. Even I enjoyed the pod race...

19. Juxtaposed Jolt

Why would one watch them out of order?

It gives them continuity, and also, you'd be able to end your experience on a high note (ending on VI instead of III)

20. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

In that case it's actually a nanology(?) because after watching rots you watch 4-6 again.