1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Silver: Yao is "extremely hot" right now

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by topfive, Oct 8, 2019.

1. Wooderson

Wooderson Member

Well said, thank you!

2. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

I wish he got hot in the playoffs when Boozer was dominating him.

Jontro, bmelo, napalm06 and 2 others like this.
  3. J.R.

J.R. Member

Making the situation worse was Yao Ming’s conspicuous absence from the game in his hometown. A person with knowledge of the situation told USA TODAY Sports that Yao, the former player for the Houston Rockets and Basketball Hall of Famer who is the president of the Chinese Basketball Association and is tight with Silver, was not even in Shanghai, and has not met with Silver in China. The person requested anonymity because they were not authorized to speak publicly about the sensitive situation.

tinman likes this.
  4. TimDuncanDonaut

Leave Yao out of this. He doesn't owe anyone or organization on this mess. Can we just get back to basketball.

5. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Ask Theo Ratliff.

foh likes this.
  6. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

I'M STILL STANDING WITH MOREY!

SCREW YAO AND CHINA! Yao, get HOT about your shitty government that has single-handily ruined 2020 for the entire world!!

7. Fefo

Fefo Member

watching how slow almost all the goverments in the world are reacting to the covid19, i think it would have been the same if the virus started in france, usa or brazil. China handled it as bad as everybody else. I like yao, always have, and i understand he now represents other interests. Stop with the hate

foh likes this.
  8. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

The US - well Trump and his crew - saying anything like "I wish China would have been more forthcoming" is laughable. Trump is still lying about this **** on a daily basis. If it started in the US, the situation would be worse. That doesn't mean the Chinese regime is great, but for this particular issue at this particular time with this particular American "leadership", if it started here it would have been more of a cluster-**** than it already is.

Jontro and Lovemachine2000 like this.
  9. nickb492

nickb492 Contributing Member

I disagree. The administration might be a **** show but the American journalists and whistle blowers would have been all over it. The problem with the the alarms by doctors and scientists were stifled by the Chinese government and censorship was for weeks until they couldn't lie about it the massive scale of spread. They should have been more forthcoming. That's probably the only thing that I agree with him saying. Everything else has been abysmal.

TheresTheDagger, Jontro and ipaman like this.
  10. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

There's no way this is true. France, USA, and Brazil don't have a "Security Tribunal" that would call a doctor in who warned of a virus and tell him "he is disrupting social balance".

We have handled it poorly and will face economic disaster due to our half-arsed social distancing, but there's plenty of concrete facts to talk about without being disingenuous.
    I dislike Trump and did not vote for him, but there is absolutely zero substantive information in this post. D&D caliber. Totally emotional twaddlecock. Total flat-earth level reality-denial. Please do the world a favor and stop trying to make a global pandemic into a worse fairy tale.

#130 napalm06, Mar 21, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2020
  11. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Dude, our administration has been lying about this to us for months. That's because they've been lying about everything to us for months. See the impeachment trial.

We have to go through all these ****ing hoops to just prove that the sky is blue. I mean that whole thing was useless... we all f'ing know what happened, as they continue to lie about it.

The above types of responses seem to still be to me people that aren't able to accept the reality of our current situation. Our leadership is flawed to the core and consistently lies to us to try to benefit themselves. This is the same as China. Would they have stolen away a scientists to let him die and quiet him? No... not in that way, but you can be sure the story we'd get would be an absolute fabrication that would lead to a big ****-up.

Bro, we had multiple politicians go into a "secret" meeting months ago on the upcoming crisis, and come out and immediately sell stock, buy stock that would likely bounce, and otherwise do nothing... and with that, we still have tons of people that are like "well, was that really inside information? we also could have gone on twitter and figured something out, and shouldn't they be allowed to protect themselves, blah, blah, blah" as if it wasn't (i) insider trading, but more importantly (ii) just completely heinous, evil behavior. "What, ****'s going to hit the fan? Well, let's tell no one. Better yet, let's say the exact opposite, who cares, we'll be rich!!"

As much as China ****ed up everything from the get-go themselves, they went full bore shutdown when it became apparent to do so. We're still reluctant to do that now, and I've seen credible polls from this morning that show 50%+ of Americans are satisfied with the administrations leadership on this issue currently.

If I had to think of one word to describe America from a leadership/government perspective at the moment it'd be ROTTEN. It's rotten to the core. These sycophants care only for themselves and their own money and power, and will lie, manipulate and use existing power as much as possible to achieve those ends. Unfortunately for all of us, when you combine that with their absolute stupidity on most topics other than how to manipulate public perception (something idiots can do just as well as geniuses), you get the current ****-show.

12. Fefo

Fefo Member

its true you dont have a Security tribunal that would do that, you just have a president that handle this as it was fictional and not important, and now the grow rate of corona virus in the USA is faster than in Italy. Of course it would have less casualty, as the society is different, and you guys are better prepared, but no thanks to anything politicians are doing.
    Brazil with Bolsonaro... my god, have u read any of his quotes and how he has handle this thing? almost a trump wanna be.
    France just got 125 deaths in one day and growing, its not looking good there either, not Spain or Italy level, but quite terrible.
    Reality is, nobody was prepared to deal with this on time, as we have no experience with a global virus like this.
    I live in Australia, and here is terrible. The government inaction is leading to thousands of cases very soon. Politicians are not prepared to deal with this.
    The prime minister is so clueless, he may say on his next conference he is taking a cruise to Italy.

13. BossHogg713

BossHogg713 Member

SUPPORT SMALL BUSINESSES. :)
    [​IMG]

14. Elephant810

Elephant810 Member

Eh puk a china virus..

15. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Has a virus come out of the United States to cause a pandemic?
    When I go to the seafood market in any place in the US, any Chinatown, there's no area where they are slaughtering live cats, bats, and rats.
    And Pangolins. Nobody killing Pokemon here.

Would ebola happen here?

I love Yao too, but nobody has heard from him in the longest time. He should have at least said something about Kobe.

Also, it's time for countries to stop messing with the animals, some animals weren't meant to be eaten by humans, and there's a nice clue given

16. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

As others have said, this is D&D Hangout material, but people need to really get away from thinking with an "us vs them" mentality when it comes to global pandemics. Humans are the root cause here, and human nature is the problem. Please read this interview from the guy profiled highly in the Netflix Pandemic documentary:

http://nautil.us/issue/83/intelligence/the-man-who-saw-the-pandemic-coming

All over the world you have people who are migrating into zones where endemic animals have lived there for millenia. It's absolutely naive to think that this upheaval of ecosystems won't lead to more and more zoonotic spread of viruses which have the potential to turn into pandemics. SARS-CoV-2 will not be the last one, and it doesn't matter if it comes from Africa, China, Indonesia, Inner Mongolia, or the melting Arctic ice caps. If we take a nationalist approach to fighting this then we are just going to get picked apart one by one, the way we are doing now. This has to be an issue that causes global collaboration to anticipate and stave off the next viruses that are sitting and just waiting to spread into humans and cause the next pandemics.

17. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Yes, this is D&D stuff. But go back and listen to what the administration said up to about less than 2 weeks ago. They'd been saying, "It's under control" until facts didn't allow them to say that anymore. But facts were already there in Europe--not China, Europe supposedly the free world. Most people just didn't read them. Even the media thought Italy locking down the whole country was something almost like coming out of science fictions.

Nook likes this.
  18. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

Borrowed name. When Yao was playing for the Rockets, I saw the check that was written out for the restaurant and it wasn't Yao's name, or group. It was a restaurant group which I know isn't owned by Yao.

Jontro likes this.
  19. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

Nice death sentence to his friends, family, and/or loved ones left behind

Nook likes this.
  20. Fefo

Fefo Member

Different cultures, that dosent mean that a pandemic cant start in USA , France or Australia. Its easy to say, dont eat some animals, when you always had food on your table, but for some chinese is not only a cultural thing, is a need. That being said, i hope they where more careful with this markets and apply some kind of control to them.
    And Yao saying something about kobe... why? where they close? i dont really recall interactions between them.