1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Silver Lining: Searching for Positivity

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by chenjy9, Jul 2, 2016.

1. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I will believe it when I see it, but we do have some upside.

2. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

What's your reasoning?

If Harden plays like he did 2 years ago it's possible but still unlikely because we don't have a second best player as good as dwight

3. HTOWNTAKEOVER

HTOWNTAKEOVER Member

you high?

4. soonerfan7277

soonerfan7277 Member

You really need to step and re-think what you said. Outside of the Warriors, Spurs, and Thunder who is much better at the moment in the west? Maybe the Clipper, but in all reality we can still compete with them. Dallas hasn't gotten better neither have the trailblazers. Grizzlies are getting older and have handicapped themselves with Parsons and Conley. We will make the playoffs just not anything higher than a 5 seed in my opinion

5. Lunareste

Lunareste Member

In a way I'm excited, because the team is going to be worlds better than last year as far as the fun factor. We actually have a second or third dude who can put the damn ball in the basket, and that's good.

But fun isn't enough to win a championship, and I feel like these additions would have made us a contender last year on the condition that Dwight just played PnR or learned to make some damn free throws. But c'est la vie, can't go back now.

As much as I hate to say this, I'm really starting to come around to the smallball style that the Warriors and Thunder used this year. I like the idea of a versatile squad where a player can defend multiple positions, and I think with Dwight gone and Capela as our Center we may be closer to that style.

I think James' defensive woes are overblown, it seemed to me a lot of the time that he was put in bad spots when players like Brewer would miss their own defensive assignments and gamble for passing lane steals. At this point, it's all up to James to turn it around at that end.

6. dmoneybangbang

Amen. That PNR next season is going to be killer.

7. Asian Sensation

Struck out on all the major needle movers. Still left without a starting PG, SF, PF, C or bench and we have a questionable coach and cheap owner and a GM running out of tricks.

I knew we would strike out so I was all for trading Harden to Boston or LA for picks and young assets since we're gonna lose out on the top FA's and suck anyways. Now we still have Harden and we're still gonna suck and he'll leave for nothing in 2 years to LA anyways for nothing.

Someone fill my glass at least a quarter way please.

8. lastreg

lastreg Member

We will finish the season at #10

9. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

1. How do you know that Harden is leaving? Games are played for a reason and the future is unknown for a reason.

2. We have a starting PG, SF, PF, and C. In fact we just signed our starting PF in Anderson. Are they the best? No. Do I believe they can be better than last year? Absolutely.

3. PnR and PnP all day. We don't have Dwight around to be a b**** about it anymore.

10. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

If it's the Dwight of last year you're referring to, then that is a very replaceable player. We'll see.

11. ilovehtownbb

ilovehtownbb Member

u keep sayin Morrow Morrow, is he that special to you?

12. ISOBall

ISOBall Member

You can't score 140 points and give up 180

Rockets are officially finished in the Harden era. Truth hurts.