1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Scott Foster should be investigated by the FBI

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Zboy, Sep 2, 2020.

1. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

It's not about sympathy, it's about whether that was the right call or not. In your opinion, why was this the right call? It doesn't matter that Gordon jumped in the air with no idea what he was doing next, but he didn't jump towards Gallo, instead he was going sideways of Gallo and Gallo flopped and got the call. I just want an impartial take from you on this one, since you always are impartial. If you still believe it was a foul, fine, but why.

2. YOLO

YOLO Member

the joke of the last 2 minute report out yet? it's dumb and useless but still want to see all that fine officiating done last night. that gets 0 review

3. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

It was a solid 1-2 performance by the refs last night. The last two calls in the Milwaukee-Miami game were insane

BONIERO1576 likes this.
  4. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

bull & worrell went thru the replay several times and concluded that gallo actually forced the contact himself -- they were in disbelief at foster's ruling (as with many of his other calls lol)

5. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I'd have to look at the video again. Is there a link to it?

Found one:
    https://stats.nba.com/events/?flag=...tRange=0&EndRange=28800&section=game&sct=plot

It's close, but on a second look I agree that it's probably a bad call. The direction of the offensive player on contact should be perpendicular to the torso of the defender, IMO, with significant contact to the torso. I don't think it met that criteria. Would like to get commentary on this call from an NBA ref.

BTW, Scott Foster didn't make this call either.

#65 durvasa, Sep 3, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2020
  6. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Scott Foster is a horrible ref. I don't think he was biased for one team. I think his goal is to keep the game as close as possible. Absolutely crooked.

ak99999 and RudyTBag like this.
  7. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

The back court violation that Mike had to tell this joke of a ref to call had me up in arms. I mean how the hell are you an NBA referee and not call that immediately?

8. CXbby

CXbby Member

It’s not whether that charge on Gordon was a bad call or not. Bad calls are made throughout the game. The incredible part was that they reviewed it from multiple angles and still made that bad call. That’s when the rigging is too damn obvious. Also to start the second half there was about 5 late calls, questionable calls or bad calls going against the Rockets in a row. It was so blatant.

9. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

While everybody was obsessed with how having no fans may impact the players or the quality of play... little was discussed on how it may impact officiating (despite concrete evidence throughout sports that there is a slight skew of calls by officials dependent on who is the road/home team).

In the end, its HIGHLY unlikely that an officiating crew makes some of these calls if this was actually played in an arena full of fans... especially the last shot in the Bucks/Miami game.

The in-bounds call on Harden was one of the most WTF moments I've ever witnessed... from the initial call with minimal contact, to Chris Paul's non-reaction (he was more concerned with calling timeout), to the ref initially saying "he called the timeout first, yeah..." to somehow them being convinced by Paul/Donovan that they should just call the foul, to actually reversing a call of that magnitude... all things that would never happen if this was played in a non-bubble venue.

10. BONIERO1576

BONIERO1576 Member

Until last night I had never seen a playoff game end with a walk off free throw or a tech called on a defender for putting his hand on the hip of the offensive player while the ball is being inbounded.

I think not having boos rained down on them after terrible calls has emboldened the refs.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  11. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

James Harden vs Scott Foster last night as interpreted by the brilliant modern minds of Adam Sandler and Dana Carvey.

fckbandwagons likes this.
  12. Bryant2108

Bryant2108 Member

All the refs last night were terrible...

but that loose ball foul on Harden which he called from the other side of the court was ridiculous. Plus the way he came across with that overly demonstrative move, it looked like he was about to start a dance number on the court. The fact that he had to be told my D’Antoni about the backcourt was terrible as well. The off the ball “foul” wasn’t called by a Foster, but I’ve never seen anything like that called. Not in a game 7, not even in the preseason. Literally looked like every other in bounds play at the end of every game, ever.

I’m not one for conspiracy theories with the refs, but yesterday was definitely suspicious, to say the least. Foster probably wanted to call Harden for a foul on that final block, but couldn’t because it wasn’t even a judgement call, his block was the cleanest it could’ve been. Probably would have called him on it, if Harden had been a little closer to Dort

13. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

absolutely absurd. i was yelling at my tv

14. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

First it is not normal for him to say something like that before the game.

Second, it is weird he would remember something like that. The fact that he does is a red flag.

#74 Zboy, Sep 3, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2020
    AroundTheWorld, Easy and ak99999 like this.
  15. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

That's almost an equivalent to "Remember when your wife and I dated a while back? Before you guys got married? Man....she was a minx. What's she up to nowadays?"

16. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

As bad as scott was last night ... that’s not as bad as Scott gets , so we were lucky in that respect .

the most comical one was the one where he sprinted from the other side of the floor to call harden for pushing Dort out of bounds .

but at least they got the harden block and Dort OB , and backcourt save one right

Gordon was tricky . Had they called blocking foul at first I’m not sure replay would have overturned that call . Since they called charge overturning was though. Yes it looked like gallo extended first and went into Gordon and then flopped backwards , but the movement was fairly discrete/minimal even on replay . Hard to overturn

harold bingo likes this.
  17. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

The call was reviewed and he had an opportunity to overturn it. Wasn't he the lead official?

18. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

The bar for overturning a block/charge call should be high, given the subjective element to it. I recall it happening a few years ago against LeBron in the Finals, and there was an uproar over them overturning what was considered a judgement call.

19. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I get it, but considering the challenge, how can it be a judgement call at that point? It was supported video evidence. It wasn't one of those, "well there is not clear conclusive evidence, therefore we will keep the call as is" type of calls.

20. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

I hadn't seen this. That is really telling. Harden makes it a point to not create any issues and be soft spoken about stuff like this. But you heard it from him. It's not just the calls, its that he can't even talk to the guy. "It's personal".

If even the NBA announcers are bringing it up, then the NBA needs to keep Foster away just for the narrative. It'll be telling you a lot if the NBA assigns Foster to critical game 6 or 7 against the Lakers.

AroundTheWorld and Easy like this.