1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Robert Reid: Harden looks after Harden

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by 18pbr, May 3, 2016.

1. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

A) isos - I'd be suprised that GS runs that much iso - seems they are always just raining 3's and getting transition buckets... but hey, when you're winning by 30 and setting a record for wins - you can do whatever the hell you want to do... obviously, they have no issues with chemistry, engagement or team play...

B) Pistons - I said "very little star appeal" I think they were really good players who together amounted to more than the sum of the parts. Nowadays, everybody seems to equate "star" as being one of the top 3 or 5 or 10 players in the league.... I'd say the Pistons had 4 guys that were really good players - but I doubt any 1 would be considered a top 10 player in the league... further, I don't consider them roleplayers - because that would be shortchanging them. A roleplayer is a complimentary piece that just plays a defined role - these guys were more than that - but not quite "stars"...

C) how the game is to be played... I guess you can just call that an opinion based on decades of watching the game...

2. b2bizchina

b2bizchina Member

Everyone can say what he want to say

3. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Teams win based on coaching and role players.

Not sure why Morey wastes so much time trying to acquire stars.

4. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

What you don't hear is someone standing up for Harden (other than Morey). Seems like Harden doesn't have any body willing to vouch for him.

5. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

Robert Reid was a key cog on 2 teams that made it to the finals so I take a little stock in what he says about Harden.

Those stats look good, but a league record for turnovers and -15 in the win column from one year ago are the key stats in this season.

The lack of defense by the entire team and it was like that from game 1 and that was before McHale was fired. How can the same team go from a pretty good defensive team to an awful defensive team in less than one season?

Their have been multiple posters on this board saying there was someone or something going on in the locker room and this teams chemistry went to **** this year and it was pretty obvious to anyone that watched them play.

Ty Lawson was the scapegoat but he was released and we still sucked so even though he was awful the team didn't change when he left.

I think every player needs to look themselves in the face this off season and put a commitment to doing what it takes to win and if they don't they need to be the first out the door.

2 people like this.
  6. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

exactly.

The outcry over what Reid is typical CF reacting because they don't like the truth.

1 person likes this.
  7. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

"When you watch James play you know you're watching a future Hall of Famer," Olajuwon said in a telephone interview with FOX 26 Sports from Amman, Jordan.

8. Ranny

Ranny Member

And yet another "Harden Sucks" thread :rolleyes:. Are we trying to brake some record or something? one thread for each turnover?

9. Ranny

Ranny Member

break ^^^

10. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Yeah, but do you also believe Reid's comment saying "JBB did a tremendous job." The two statements are close to being mutually exclusive. Since they can't both be true, one typically just dismisses both quotes entirely.

And like I said on Page 1, if a poster on CFnet posts are thread stating both Harden looks after Harden and JBB did a tremendous job, we'd just write that off as yet another wanting to put all blame on Harden...no different than the Houston Press and posters here putting all the blame on Morey.

11. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

well said!

12. TheresTheDagger

Preach Robert Reid. PREACH!

13. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You don't need Robert Reid to observe what we all can see. We don't need Shaq, we don't need anyone.

Fact is - Harden was out of shape coming into camp. Fact is, he led the league in turnovers. Fact is, his defense is inconsistent to put it kindly. Fact is, he doesn't ride with the team.

It's legitimate to raise the questions that are being raised. And I think that evaluating Harden and evaluating JBB are independent things.

Harden needs to improve as a teammate and leader, and if he wants a championship, now is the time to respond to doubters by making changes. He's doing the right thing by not saying anything to the press and keeping a low profile right now.

He said the right words at the end of the seasons. "I have to be better next year."

That's right. Better on the floor and better off of it. Give the man the opportunity to grow.

But Harden isn't the only problem. And it's up to Morey to fix those other problems. But right now, Harden needs to worry about Harden for the next 4 months.

14. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

Ah ok... When was this interview????

Harden is no where close to being a hall of famer.... But you guys will defend Harden to the end and will debate anyone if they say anything negative about him... Even if it's true...

T_Man

15. J.R.

J.R. Member

A year ago.

16. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

http://www.basketball-reference.com/leaders/hof_prob.html

17. MONON

MONON Member

But you will disparage anyone who supports Harden and will debate anyone if they say anything positive about him..... Even if it's true.... I see you stopped short of saying "Dream doesn't know what he's talking about".

18. houtown

houtown Member

I think it might be ignorant to say that a coach needs to discipline Harden and make him play defense on the court.

Someone needs the interpersonal skills to get through to Harden, so he can take initiative and find it within him self to play some defense and be a better leader on the court.

And that does not mean he has to be one of the best defensive players in the league, but just need to get better at keeping his man in front of him on a consistent basis while on the court

Getting a defensive coach is not going to change much in My opinion when it comes to finding what is best for this team at the moment.

19. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Problem is Harden is not humble at all. He doesn't travel with the team that often. What does that say? He's arrogant **** and probably has a poor relationship with his teammates and don't game plan prior to games. Just horrible.

20. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member