1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Embiid and the Sixers taking on Brunson and the Knicks -- Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Robert Reid: Harden looks after Harden

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by 18pbr, May 3, 2016.

1. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

Yep you're right....

If Hakeem said something bad about Harden most of the people on this board would turn against him also..

The fact is Harden is who Harden is.. If all of these people and players did this to Howard it would be a different reaction... Everyone would be agreeing with all of these former players..

T_Man

2 people like this.
  2. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

no he made a business decision; doesn't make him selfish. Some one offers you the max on your first free agent contract, and you turn it down?

3. Zergling

Zergling Member

Zergling: Robert Reid should STFU and crawl back into irrelevancy.

4. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

I don't fault him at all for grabbing the money... I just dont think he should get painted as a 'team player who was happy to come off the bench for the good of the team'... he played his role and bided his time until he could cash in... no prob, but let's not make it anything more than it was...

5. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

You're entitled to your opinion, sir. :)

Personally, I think harden is a narcissistic ass who's only priority is himself and nothing more... but you believe what you see and I will do the same. :)

1 person likes this.
  6. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

Don't forget that Houston was also able to offer him a 5 year extension where OKC could only offer 4 years (since they'd already made WB their 5 year rookie extension).

It was the difference between an $80M deal and a $54M deal. Has any player in history turned down that kind of money on their first free agent contract.

7. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

who else would he look after? the brick bros shooting 10-20% in the playoffs? dwight who's doesnt wanna give 100% anymore even if he's getting paid 22mil? beasley who only gets playing time if coach remembers who he is? terry who cant make open threes anymore, thus making him useless? or dmo who's always injured and inconsistetn and physically not 100%? where's the help?

ahh i know, its jb, the guy who's doing a tremendous job.

:mad:

8. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

Lol sounds like Reid was slumming it up at a Kingwood Country Club event and someone got a sound byte?

9. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Give the ball to WHO?? Lawson? Terry? Beverly . . . who *EXACTLY* should he give the ball up too?

Where would you like him to move? DO YOU WATCH THE GAMES cause if he did move without the ball . . he'd basically be the only one. of course he could get the ball back with the PINPOINT ACCURATE PASSES FROM . . . .Lawson? Terry? Beverly? Ariza? Brewer?

Begging a guard to BOX OUT? Who does that? I remember when Golden state was b****ing about Klay and Curry not boxing out!! The Spurs begging Parker and Ginobili to box out . . . wait .. . Kyrie and Whoever is on the other side of him are Boxing out champions

Go back to harping about his defense cause other wise your comments are crap

Rocket River

2 people like this.
  10. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

This quote is hilarious. The best part:

Who exactly did he have to pass the ball too? The guys surrounding Harden this year were some of the worst ever. I would have rather had Luther Head out there than some of these guys. And that is being generous.

11. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

No problem! Appreciate the polite disagreement, which can be rare around here at times. We're all at ClutchFans to give our opinions, no matter how wrong they might be (or how right, to be fair!). ;-)-

As davidio840 points out above, just who was nailing those 3's that James kept passing the rock to? For an offense so dependent on hitting from Downtown, the dudes playing with Harden were pretty ****ing bad. Bad and inconsistent, or consistently bad. Yeah, that sounds better. We were ranked 21st this season in 3 point percentage, compared to 14th last year. So we went from decidedly average to decidedly below average, yet we kept hoisting them, of course. Add to our offensive woes some god-awful free throw shooting (27th in the freakin' League, people), and toss in all the times I saw James make an excellent pass to a teammate only to watch them fumble the catch (how many of those were pinned on James as a turnover, I wonder?), and we had numerous problems out of Harden's control.

James Harden is far from perfect (who is, besides Hakeem?), but he's a superstar we should all be thrilled to have on the Rockets.

#71 Deckard, May 3, 2016
    Last edited: May 3, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Anyone who thinks that JBB did a tremendous job, or even an adequate job has no credibility whatsoever.

13. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

Yeah, this is shocking, the best offensive player gets the most shots.

Harden took 23.6% of our shots this season. That number is right in line with all of the other top scorers: Curry (23.1%), Lillard (22.9%), Durant (22.2%), Davis (21.7%), L. James (22.1%) and P. George (21%).

That's nothing new, you want your best player taking the most shots. Just look at Houston's '94 title team, Olajuwon took 25.2% of the teams shots. Why? Because he was a great offensive player.

As I said earlier, that was a strange remark for Reid to make.

1 person likes this.
  14. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Being a team player is accepting your role and not complaining; even when you're behind a guy like Sepha, who you have no business coming off the bench for. Even when you're talented enough to be an MVP. Sounds like a team player to me

15. Drogba

Drogba Member

Looks like it's open season of Harden. Only a matter of time before Ja Rule also weighs in.

16. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

17. scolandry1

scolandry1 Member

Keep drinking that...you know what. Role players need to upgrade their sports drink.

18. ISOBall

ISOBall Member

Honestly though who is this scrub?

19. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Honestly though who is Harden?

Best player on an 8 seed team and All NBA 3rd teamer

20. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

So, do I need to start a thread reminding everyone that James Harden averaged 29-7-7 this year!?

Harden is the least of our problems! In fact, he's the only guy that played well for this team all season! Do you guys remember life before Harden? I for one, prefer him to Aaron Brooks and Kevin Martin!

Guys need to get over what happened this season! As long as we have Harden we have a chance to be contenders. Can he improve in some areas (Defense and TO's)? Absolutely! But stop acting like he didn't just have one of the best seasons in franchise history!

Robert Reid is a dumbass!! *hides from Tinman*