1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

RIP Stuart Scott

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by codell, Jan 4, 2015.

1. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

So sad. Teared up when I heard. Rest in peace

2. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Nearly cried when watching this, such a fighter. :(

3. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Huge loss...dude was a game changer.

RIP to a great.

4. Dgn1

Dgn1 Member

RIP, sucks man

5. BleedsRocketRed

wow... My favorite sports reporter from any network. I grew up with the guy. Watched him since the very beginning on ESPN2. Seeing that Eisen clip will get you. I remember those two vividly, and Stu was the voice of my sport memories.

Sucks bad

6. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Saddened. RIP SS

7. theimpossibles1

Stuart was one of those guys I never thought twice about, because he did his job so smoothly and professionally. Didn't know he was sick, but that speaks to his character that he maintained a strong exterior to the end. RIP Stuart Scott.

8. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

I remember when I was younger and would watch highlights on Sportscenter I would always hope Stuart was doing the highlights cuz he always made them so fun to watch with his catchphrases and hip-hop lingo he would interject.

Always loved the,"Messed around and got a triple double" stuff like that

9. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

He was one of those people that brought it every single day, & at the end of the day, he would go home quietly to his family & be a great father.

Truly a giant in the world of sports, he loved his job so much, that what i appreciate the most.

Sad that you left, but I hope your pain is relieved. RIP Stu

10. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

When I first saw this my heart sank. His speech at the ESPYs was tremendous. My heart goes out to his family. Cancer is the worst... I look forward to the day they really can wipe it out. RIP Stuart Scott.

11. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

This was a good read, some things I didn't know about SS. Wish his family well through this loss. RIP b

12. htwnbandit

htwnbandit Member

WTF...!! RIP Stuart Scott :'(

13. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

RIP

tv eulogies are so weird

14. Marteen

Marteen Member

I remember when Wade was killin' it for the Heat back in '06, and Stu would be one of those guys that would do a great job hyping you up during his highlights. RIP

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Stuart, we will miss you brotha! <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/RestInPeace?src=hash">#RestInPeace</a></p>&mdash; Earvin Magic Johnson (@MagicJohnson) <a href="https://twitter.com/MagicJohnson/status/551816230064386048">January 4, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Beyond being a great broadcaster, Stuart was a better father, a better person, a better man. Devastating loss for us all. Love you bro.<a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/RIP?src=hash">#RIP</a>!</p>&mdash; Stephen A Smith (@stephenasmith) <a href="https://twitter.com/stephenasmith/status/551768385034264577">January 4, 2015</a></blockquote>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>RIP Stuart Scott. A good man.</p>&mdash; Skip Bayless (@RealSkipBayless) <a href="https://twitter.com/RealSkipBayless/status/551755836767625216">January 4, 2015</a></blockquote>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>The first time I co-anchored <a href="https://twitter.com/SportsCenter">@SportsCenter</a> w Stuart Scott was one of my &quot;pinch yourself&quot; moments. My thoughts to his family.</p>&mdash; Robert Flores (@RoFloESPN) <a href="https://twitter.com/RoFloESPN/status/551826308293214210">January 4, 2015</a></blockquote>

15. mugrakers

mugrakers Member

How did this happen all of a sudden? Wasn't he on set just a few weeks/months ago for ESPN? Cancer is so quick and sudden I suppose.

16. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Really surprised about this. Rip.

Many people I know try to keep cancer a secret cause they think it's embarrassing. You should be not be embarassed about it. There needs to be a health education channel. So many people come the ER for bs excuses and some come too late.

17. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>My man Stuart Scott a great person and inspiration for anyone wanting to know how to live.....</p>&mdash; Allen Iverson (@alleniverson) <a href="https://twitter.com/alleniverson/status/551849401518264321">January 4, 2015</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

18. josephnicks

josephnicks Member

to think, for at least a good 10 or so year span (maybe more) i watched this guy pretty much every day of my life, and multiple times because for some reason i used to watch SC on repeat after the initial airing at 10pm..

RIP Stuart..

19. Panda23

Panda23 Member

Really caught me offguard. Dude was an inspiration and will continue to be. Rest in peace

20. tigereye

tigereye Member

RIP Stuart Scott. This is one of those celebrity deaths where you don't realize how ingrained he was in your life until it happens. And that becomes evident as we watch NFL Playoff games and the day's other sporting events. That voice, the "booyah" on the highlight reel, will be missed.