1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Shai vs. Luka as the Mavericks try to even the series in OKC. Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

RIP Cleverley Stone

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Roscoe Arbuckle, May 29, 2020.

1. Roscoe Arbuckle

For those who aren't aware, she was a Houston Mainstay on the food scene. She also spearheaded Houston Restaurant Weeks, which I'm sure will still stay alive.

I knew her personally. We went out to dinner several times with others, as well as her allowing me on her radio show. She also loved telling people I went by "Fatty FatBastard," even on her radio program. I think she may have done that to shame me, but I never cared.

We had a falling out about a year ago due to me being me, but I never had an issue with her, other being a local diva from time to time.

Regardless, she was far too young and passed away of uterine cancer at 68.

https://www.fox26houston.com/news/c...LWxh560VGu2x49W2udv2JdcWRGXKg-fX9e59OTXKuMPwU

Deckard likes this.
  2. Jontro

Jontro Member

rip. it's always cancer and we've all been affected by it one way or another.

hope technology in the near future can develop further where cancer treatments will offer close to 100% cure and as painless as possible.

Deckard and mikol13 like this.
  3. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

I've been in the HFF group for some time and she was wonderful. Helped me get in touch with people in the industry so I could help them after Harvey. She was an enormous proponent of local restaurants.

4. Roscoe Arbuckle

She was always a lil too loyal to restaurants that gave her show ad revenue. I always had an issue with that. But otherwise, she had no problem letting me know when a place was overhyped. Oxheart was the biggest disappointment. We had a 4 course meal & none of it was any good. We all ended up going to Del Friscos afterwards. She also had no problem telling me which restaurants would get on HRW, and then not donating any proceeds to the Food Bank; the most egregious being Monica Pope. She not only didn't donate, but the next year Cleverley banned her, so she decided to roll out a restaurant weeks menu hoping her patrons wouldn't notice. I'm pretty Sure Cleverley shamed her into removing the menu.

Shame I'm banned from HFF. I'd like to get back on there. Still not sure what I did to piss her off, but it isn't like that hasn't happened before...

[​IMG] [​IMG]

#4 Roscoe Arbuckle, May 29, 2020
    Last edited: May 29, 2020
    leroy likes this.