1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Game 3 between the Knicks and Pacers in Indiana. Join us as we watch the NBA playoffs together...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Reporter to McHale: It looks like Jeremy Lin is not involved much in the offense

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 14, 2012.

1. ktbballplaya

ktbballplaya Member

Just give the ball to lamb and get out the way Lin you're here for show we know you cant really play.

2. Jenopogi

Jenopogi Contributing Member

Forgive Apollo, he does not know what he's doing. Typical....

3. RocketSat

RocketSat Member

Machado outshines Lin in similar minutes. Lin's shooting is a mess and he did not really give assits. This knee injury thing is stale. Just show what you can do. No more excuses.

4. Jenopogi

Jenopogi Contributing Member

THIS!

5. webattorney

webattorney Member

Response

"Reporter, Lin was involved but we was all sucky today."

6. webattorney

webattorney Member

Response

These monkey brains sure get upset with one Asian dude trying to take away money from them.

7. AdrenaLINe

AdrenaLINe Rookie

stop freaking out... Lin is at his best when he is attacking the basket...

relentlessly

8. webattorney

webattorney Member

Response to RocketSat

Let's wait until regular games start. If JLin starts doing this too often, I would be the first to say he shouldn't start.

9. webattorney

webattorney Member

Response

Machado is a good passer, but the problem is that he cannot drive or shoot or D. However, I am all for giving Machado a chance to start when the regular season starts. I don't know what is the limit of players Rockets can keep when the regular season starts and how many Rockets players have to be let go? I want to see Royce White play.

10. webattorney

webattorney Member

Response

I finally figured out what "LOF" means? Lin Only Fans? Ha, ha.

11. webattorney

webattorney Member

AdrenaLINe

Anyone can look good if you compile highlights only. Now, Lin is going to have a lot tougher time this year doing what he did, which is drive strong to the basket to score or draw fouls, because other teams are more aware of what he can do. Lin himself is aware of this, but the problem is his jump shots are not working, so he's stuck passing or being hesitant in shooting or forcing risky passes. What I would do if I was him is to just take open shots and focus on making decent passes.

12. AdrenaLINe

AdrenaLINe Rookie

what i would do is have him drive to the net every single time...

then decide if he is going to shoot or pass

if he is not doing that...

then you are not getting what you paid for...

him passing the ball and taking a set jump shot from 18 plus feet out... is not what you got him for..

13. AdrenaLINe

AdrenaLINe Rookie

o wait this is preseason...

14. ShiniKashi

ShiniKashi Member

I noticed that once Lin passed it off, he never really got it back. His teammates weren't looking for him for the most part.

Lin does need to learn to play better off the ball. I would rather not have him become a Brandon Jennings like player who needs the ball to be effective.

I suspect this will improve with greater team chemistry however.

15. roxxy

roxxy Member

I hope that Lin Martin & Parsons play today. With Asik & Patterson as well. i think those 5 play well with one another as a starter. Yesterdays game you could tell that the addition of Jones & Lamb to the starting 5 was awkward for everyone.

16. koopa

koopa Member

Tony Parker sucked more. But it's preseason. In season Lin will do his thang pick n roll with asik n driving in second to none

17. yohimbe505

yohimbe505 Member

I actually think all 3 guys should rest. There is nothing to prove in the preseason and right now Lin, Asik, Martin and Parson all look solid and the chemistry looks good.

18. Roxnostalgia

Roxnostalgia Contributing Member

Yeah...why does this guy not have a clipboard?;)

19. Raven

Raven Member

Perhaps the most disgusting post I have ever read at CF, definitely worthy of a ban.

20. yohimbe505

yohimbe505 Member

What he will do is once the games count is go back and get it... as soon as things get stale a great PG will trail the ball and go back and get it ala Steve Nash or Cp3. And I've watched Lin closely enough to know that he knows this and that's what he did last year.