1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Recovery thoughts and prayers for President Bush (41)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Jul 16, 2015.

1. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

2. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Best wishes for a speedy recovery for #41. This is not a D&D type issue, FYI. :eek:

3. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

Yeah, sucks that he didn't post it in the Hangout.

1 person likes this.
  4. edwardc

edwardc Member

Wishing him a speedy recovery President 41

5. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Best wishes. Around Houston from ordinary folks who have interacted with him, I hear that he is a nice guy.

6. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Best wishes to Bush and all people who are suffering.

7. Nook

Nook Member

One of the last people left from a different era, he has had an incredible and interesting life.

8. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

My favorite Bush. The guy had the balls to do the right thing like raise taxes when needed.

9. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

One would hope. But he is a political figure, and while all former Presidents should be respected for their service to the country, unfortunately in today's hyper-partisan climate most discussions have dipped well below the belt. So with apologies I thought it was worthy of a post in D&D.

10. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

And was rewarded with one term.

11. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

He ran into a wrecking ball of charisma between Perot and Clinton.

12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah Perot really got him, without that 19% of the vote taken away from him, he'd have won in a landslide.

13. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member

14. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

And because of the last few posts just before this one of mine... of people who continue to disrespect someone even while he's down to talk about something other than his health... I see your point, sir. :eek:

15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

That might be convincing to someone so young as to not actually remember that election. Thinking that significant numbers of Perot voters would have otherwise voted for Clinton is short sighted at best.

16. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member

Sure, why should I believe both the evidence and what I saw with my own eyes at the time, instead, I should believe the unfounded speculation by bobby. :rolleyes:

17. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Ahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Michael Jordan scored 100 points against the Rockets in the Finals.

No, actually, Jordan never played the Rockets in the finals and he never scored 100 points.

That might be convinced to someone so young as to not actually remember those finals.

LOL

Who cares about facts and stats!

18. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

20 years from now people will still claim that the reason Romney lost to Obama is because 1 million+ conservatives that voted for McCain just "stayed home" and they'll just Bobby like explanations for why they don't care about statistics that say otherwise.

19. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Maybe; he kind of straight-jacketed himself with that no new taxes pledge, and with liberal boomers finally being old and experienced enough to organize and assert themselves politically just about any Republican might have lost that election. Also liberals still had a lock on young voters and urban (NY/LA) black issues still seemed to guide minority sentiment nationwide in a way that came to a head in '92, just a lot of different forces working against conservatism at that moment in time.

20. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Best wishes to George Herbert Walker Bush. Hopefully he will recover in time to watch the Stros in the playoffs from his seat in Minute Maid.

Also even without Perot he wouldn't have won in 1992. There is plenty of polling evidence to show that Perot voters wouldn't have voted for him or would've stayed home and not made a difference. This is from someone who voted for Perot.