1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rocket Trade Ideas 2019-20

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shark44, Jul 24, 2019.

1. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

So much irony in your trade idea beyond the fact that you’re putting Harden and Chris Paul on the same team. OKC sending Houston’s picks back to Houston. Philly getting RoCo back.
    Also *Josh Richardson.
    Also I feel like OKC would like to keep some of the picks they blew up their team for

Rudyc281 likes this.
  2. Rocket Guy

Rocket Guy Member

Sign someone like Ibaka with the MLE.

Beverley/Gordon
    Harden/McLemore
    Covington
    Love/Tucker
    Ibaka/BAE

Gets us back to a lineup that resembles somewhat of a normal NBA roster. Longshot but hey its just an idea.
    [​IMG]

3. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

4. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Old . slow , broken down , can't defend outside the paint .... perfect fit !? Yeah right.

mikol13, saleem, D-rock and 1 other person like this.
  5. elmotsang

elmotsang Member

He is real big 3. You have to think about curry return.

6. fattz

fattz Member

So happy that Morey is the GM. I can’t even imagine the rest of the team with those 3 contracts.

D-rock and Rudyc281 like this.
  7. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

I'll wait for bra bra or somebody else to report it before I take it serious.

8. D-rock

D-rock Member

Hope this is BS.

Rather have Drummond over Love. Better rebounder (4× rebound leader), better ball handler, better defender (top 10 in blocks AND steals), better scorer, much better lob/roll threat and unlike Love on right side of 30 (only 27).

Drummond is analytic's dream.

Even Aron Baynes is better fit for Rockets than Kevin "Has been - No defense" Love.

https://abcnews.go.com/Sports/behol...nd-explosive-big-man-league/story?id=38597055

9. fattz

fattz Member

MDA would only play vets, he is no longer. So our answer is and always had been in the g league. ROLE PLAYERS don’t have to be great at everything, just really good at what they are asked/coached to do.

10. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Love could help but we'd need an additional front court addition IMO.

11. Reeko

Reeko Member

Kevin Love...

How many atrocious contracts can 1 team have? It would be early-mid 2000’s Knicks-like

How would they even match his contract? It would probably have to be that scrub EG after the extension kicks in and PJ.

D-rock and saleem like this.
  12. fattz

fattz Member

Gary Clark, Hartinstien, House are all the types of g league players we need to round out our roster. Harden had trouble with a g leaguer in the OKC series. That is the type of role players available. Our new coach needs to build a bench and stop padding stats because the tight rotations never were the answer long term. Morey needs to start scouting and signing some of the talent. Players like Wood can be had on the cheap. Harden and Westbrook are going to get theirs. Players like Bruno needs some consistent playing time to find success. Morey has done a good job of finding interesting players in the past but MDA wouldn’t use them. In coach new start.

13. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

I'll take it!!!!!

baller4life315 and fattz like this.
  14. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Love would definitely improve our offense a bit, but I just don't think he's at the same level he was years ago.

15. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Just so y’all know, this Twitter account is holic. So it’s made up.

D-rock, Deuce and Corrosion like this.
  16. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

Lmao no way forreal?

harold bingo and raining threes like this.
  17. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Westbrook to Chicago

Levine, Young, Carter Jr. to Houston

Harden, Levine
    Gordon, McLemore
    Covington, House
    Tucker, Young
    Carter Jr, Caboclo

18. DM'sVP

DM'sVP Member

I actually really like the Drummond idea. Unfortunately he is making 28m next season so you would be trading Gordon+ for him.

what do y’all think about just signing Tristan Thomson? He’s a FA and could come pretty cheap. I’m pretty sure that enough time has passed since the whole Cloe thing.

I think the only way the Rockets trade for Love is if Love reworks his contract like Ryno did when he was traded to PHX. If Love agrees to drop his salary to 20m per year then the Rockets could trade Gordon for him straight up. The question is, how bad does Love want out of Cleveland? I think we all know that he wants out but is he willing to give up 30m+ over the lifespan of his contract to get out? I don’t think anyone is going to trade for him if he keeps his contract as is.

19. treyk3

treyk3 Member

I'll take Otto Porter, Lauri, Dunn and White instead.

Dunn/White
    Harden/Gordon
    Covington /House
    Porter / PJ
    Markkanen/ Bruno

Corrosion likes this.
  20. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

That would be the core they don’t want to trade right? I’d take that too lol

Saw this too https://tradenba.com/trades/oMKNdHo0u basically Westbrook and ‘22 1st for Mike Scott and Embiid. Can’t say I would think that over.