1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rocket Trade Ideas 2019-20

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shark44, Jul 24, 2019.

1. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Not if James calls... when Harden calls they listen

2. JamalP.

JamalP. Member

Best trade partner is Philly, Utah and Boston.

3. elmotsang

elmotsang Member

Westbrook for Beal, John wall, Kevin Love, Young.
    I think rockets want to save money and does not chase Morris is big mistakes.

4. Farhan583

Farhan583 Member

Harden for Draymond, GSW 2nd overall pick, Minny's first next year and 2 more future firsts. Y'all can have more swings to rebuild the team since all your draft picks are gone.

5. elmotsang

elmotsang Member

Get top sf and pf can get champion especially the guard does not have good accuracy on 3 points

KD|westbrooks , wall|beal and Harden|westbrooks proofed.

Except Cp3|Harden and Curry|Thompson who has 3 points.

Guard + Center or Guard + power forward are much h better.
    If we can use Gordon to get K love, go ahead

6. Tristan_fiore

Tristan_fiore Member

Westbrook and Harden are here to stay. Not going anywhere next year. Start thinking about the bench and moving EG and House. That’s about all they can do at this point.

JoeBarelyCares likes this.
  7. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Eric Gordon for Kelly Oubre,

sign Bobby Portis.

trade House for a late first because he let us down

russ
    Harden
    Oubre
    RoCo / Tucker
    Portis

build from there

D-rock and PWR like this.
  8. HP3

HP3 Member

Hypothetically if we could trade Russ, what do you think we could get?

9. treyk3

treyk3 Member

best case scenario? Julius Randle , Kevin Knox , Mitch Robinson and Frank Ntilkina.

No chance he’s traded. If he is, Harden is gone too.

10. PWR

PWR Member

I like Portis.

treyk3 likes this.
  11. HP3

HP3 Member

My god I would take that, that would be awesome.

That second part makes me sad though

treyk3 likes this.
  12. treyk3

treyk3 Member

knicks are the only team that makes sense. Maybe Miami if they get swept. Russ is here to stay, I’m not a fan but I don’t think it’s impossible to build around him as the second option. We just need more depth and consistency out of 3-10.

HP3 likes this.
  13. treyk3

treyk3 Member

He is getting no attention and the market is going to be light. 6-10, 7 foot wingspan, decent three point shot and a tenacious player. He’s exactly who we need to be targeting, Christian Wood and Jerami Grant are fun pipe dreams but we won’t have the money or assets.

#1353 treyk3, Sep 12, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2020
    baller4life315, HP3 and PWR like this.
  14. HP3

HP3 Member

I think it is, if people can screw over Giannis like that in the playoffs...than Russ is no different, he's way worse than I could have even imagined. Like I remember when BR came out with Khris Middleton ahead of Westbrook.....and I was like...LOL WHAT?....Now I'm like.....yea, yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

We arent winning with him on this team, bottom line, Ive seen enough from him. He cant help James.

15. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Well let’s just hope Harden agrees with you or you’re wrong. That or he finds a magic genie who grants him a three point shot.

16. HP3

HP3 Member

Man I dont know why Harden thinks he's a good player....Chris Paul must have like a terrible personality dude....like holy hell, I really cant take another post season of watching this guy play.

PiPdAdY33 and treyk3 like this.
  17. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

If we decide to shop Russ there won’t be a lot of takers. You might be able to convince a team like Orlando to bite.

Something like Russ for Gordon/Bamba/Ross works, and might catch their attention. They still get to keep Vucevic/Fultz/Isaac core, while adding a big named player they could have never landed via free agency.

This nets us three rotation players. Two young athletic bigs that can hit corner 3’s and resurrect the Harden PnR with. Ross is a borderline elite shooter.

The really depressing part of this line of thinking, though, is it means the best player we flipped CP3 for is Aaron fricken Gordon. Sad times.

D-rock likes this.
  18. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

we're definitely gonna need to find a stupid team that just wants a "name" on their roster. luckily, there's quite a few of those teams in the nba. but i don't know if any of them are that stupid.

D-rock and HP3 like this.
  19. francis 4 prez

i'd love to know which one of harden or cp3 is more to blame so i could blame them. if harden can't handle a little criticism without demanding the guy be traded, that's bad. if cp3 can't say "hey, i seem to piss off everyone everywhere i play and now i'm 34 and clinging to my prime on the best team i've ever been on, maybe just for once i should shut the hell up, especially while i'm gimping my way through the playoffs", that's also bad.

D-rock and HP3 like this.
  20. francis 4 prez

what are the realistic options for westbrook?

we can't really trade him for anything that isn't a horrible contract.
    does the stretch provision do anything? i assume we're too far over the cap to matter.
    if we cut him, tilman has to pay him, but if he agrees to only eat at landry's from now on, that might soften the blow.