1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Official driving RANT

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Rox11, Mar 28, 2015.

1. Rox11

Rox11 Member

I have been for months now learning to control my temper...
    The one thing that week in and out will set me back is being on public roads, i place i enjoy plenty, slowly declining.

We all know that the more ghetto areas/the citys tend to have the most arrogant scum drivers ever. If i ever have to drive around these areas (which rarely ever happens thank god) then i prepare myself to calm down and let things slide because it is expected and normal.

With that said, i myself live in a pretty nice clean suburb in Illinois not too far out of Chicago. very nice people and great area for entertainment ect, expect....one problem which you can guess :mad:

In these areas, hostile people are not really expected on the road. Yet almost everyday i will encounter that ahole on my commute.

When i was in my auto beater saving up for the car i wanted, i would run into these people of course....it was easier and less to deal with at the time. Now it has doubled.
    I am not talking about people shouting or honking, just those who follow far too close on takeoff, professor no signal, f1 pro speeder going past you 30mph over the speed limit just to get in front someway somehow, the i don't slow down on tracks or curbs while behind you roadster macho man.
    The reason the macho man bothers me is because i really don't like the idea of NOT caring about people smashing into me just because it is there fault....i love my car and it is becoming more and more rare.

The star of the show and the history of drivers who have driven it....

I purchased my favorite car last year, a German rwd sports coupe 5 speed.
    Everybody and they mamas mamas knows every man that has sat behind a car like this has abused the car and road with it leaving a sour reputation..
    Let me tell you i am the opposite of that, i pay attention to other drivers almost to the point of obsession, keep a safe distance, let others in when requested, signal always.

This is not a cry whatsoever about a reputation of chase, because i knew that would be purchased with it the day i signed the paper.

This is about the lack of knowledge people have about road manners. I respect individuals who view vehicles as A to B, but at least for the respect and safety of others learn how manual transmission drivers and even others are affected by your carelessness.

Before i get the " my fault for purchasing a manual" learn that not only is it a preference but also a passion and hobby many share which give you the pleasure of full control.

The close followers on 1st and 2nd gear are so frequent that i just now made a custom bumper sticker

[​IMG]

, and next will be purchasing a dash-cam.

Absolutely fed up with having to pay so much attention to other people in fear of something uneventful happening. A message will be displayed and a cam to record as i am the biggest fan of peace of mind.

Now with that done, post your rants or anything related. Go RoX!

2. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

you seem mad as hell and not gonna take this anymore.

3. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

We just need a get off your lawn to complete your rant.

4. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

I have a manual but I just don't care about the people behind me. My favorite driver is the dumbass that is all up on your ass and passes you furiously only to have me pull up right next to him at the stop light. I LOVE that.

5. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

The biggest cause of bad drivers is the passive aggressiveness and not following through on idle threats. If we all just got out of our vehicles and shot each other the roads would be safer and filled with better drivers!

6. chow_yun_fat

chow_yun_fat Contributing Member

5 speed?? I thought 6 was the norm for awhile now...

7. Nook

Nook Member

You should see a mental health professional for evaluation. Also avoid watching the movies Taxi Driver, Fallen and Death Wish as they will only fuel the mania.

8. VanityHalfBlack

Houston Traffic bruh!

9. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

What the **** did I just read?

Go RoX!

10. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

5 speed sports car? What is this, the 1980's? Or a WRX(crap transmission for such an amazing vehicle) but that's Japanese.

11. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

the new wrx has a 6 speed.

12. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

13. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I know but it's strange how such a vehicle used a 5 speed all the way up to 2014.
    I mean, a car as ordinary as the honda accord v6 has had a 6 speed for a while now.

14. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Do you have high blood pressure?

15. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I hate professor no signal, and his friend captain accidental signal but forgot it's on

16. likestohypeguy

They've been getting to me less & less. Either they're ignorant, or stupid, or just not paying attention, I which case it'd be the Same as getting mad at a mosquito or dog, that's who they are, just what they're going to do; OR they know why they are doing, and are intentionally being a-holes, in which case if you get mad, they win (the troll game). Just slow down & let them get ahead of you and start over. Rarely do I et road rage control my actions- only when they are still around me, if the perfect opportunity for me to pwn them back by cutting them off before I turn and am gone or something comes, Otherwise I try to et it go and move on.

Also I've had the best training for anger management that far surpasses anything on the road, in this obscure video game I e been addicted to he past couple years that will exercise your patience and anger management beyond what you thought was ever possible. Houston roadways are nothing by comparison.

17. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

My favorite is the "never seen morning rush hour traffic before" guy.

The guy who is about to have a heart attack and is constantly changing lanes trying to somehow go around the 10,000 cars in front of him on the Eastex freeway every morning at 7am...

The same guy you pass 5 times by just staying in the same lane.

18. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

I can live with no signal. People put body language on their cars and if you pay attention you can generally tell when someone is lane changing.

Brakey McGee is the worst. Constantly tap-tap-taping their breaks and causing domino effects. I do my best to get around them ASAP.

Runner up is passing lane a-hole. Guy/lady is glued to the left lane.

19. marky :)

marky :) Member

You don't know about crap transmissions until you've driven a manual honda.

20. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

I hate the idiots who drive down 45 on the left lane and tailgate the **** out of you. No wonder you see several accidents with 3-4 cars involved because one guy breaks and 3 morons hit him from behind.