1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Game 3 between the Knicks and Pacers in Indiana. Join us as we watch the NBA playoffs together...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Miss me yet?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by KingCheetah, Aug 3, 2016.

Tags:
  1. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/bxR1tZ08FcI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

[​IMG]

2. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

That first pitch was absolute nails. It was comforting too, idk how to articulate it well but our president, during that time, in front of the rest of the world, our national pastime and just nailing that strike with confidence...it was awesome.

2 people like this.
  3. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Fred thompson introducing bush at his second convention referencing that strike was the best I've seen.

1 person likes this.
  4. KingCheetah

Really a great moment of unity after such terrible shock -- everyone was just rattled to the core. More than any other event I know exactly when I heard the first news of the attacks- how I reacted- what I did after... what a bizarre time. Bush did a good job calming the nation immediately after the attacks.

5. KingCheetah

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/t4N93jLVPIA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

6. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Chillin with the youth

[​IMG]

7. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

8. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

9. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

honest question, do you consider yourself a republican? Is this the first election you are eligible to vote for?

10. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

What ever you say about W Bush, he is way more presidential than Trump.

11. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

1. no
    2. no, 2nd.

12. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

Agree

13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

So basically you are saying all of your Trump BS was trolling?

14. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

I don't know how you gathered this conclusion? If you have read my posts throughout the year you would know how I stand on Trump and the Republicans.

15. Buck Turgidson

The shame about W is that he was actually a solid Governor here, he got along with both sides and one of his calling cards as a candidate for President was his ability to be a consensus builder and a moderate. He got in way over his head due to world events and surrounded himself with people who gave him terrible advice and he had neither the gravitas nor cojones to say "no".

Like my grandmother says about him, "I think he meant well."

16. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Those same people he "surrounded himself with" were the ones that got him into office. He is a decent enough looking guy that had a DAD as president. Overall he is probably a top 2 or 3 most unintelligent presidents this country has had when compared to the general public that the presided over.

Those said people got what they wanted. A gigantic war based on WMD's that was the start of ISIS. People say that it started because Obama left too early. That may be true, but we should have not been there to begin with. And he was left with two options. Leave after several years or I suppose stay indefinitely. If not that what?? 20 years or even 25-30 years?

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Are we back to crediting Obama with leaving Iraq or are we still blaming Bush for that? People change their minds so often it's hard to keep up.

Obviously the truth is that it was a bad move by Bush that Obama went along with and then claimed was his idea and campaigned on it....and then distanced himself from the idea when it directly led to the massive expansion of ISIS.

18. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

George W. was a decent Governor, but what must be noted is that he had a Democratic legislature to work with, and he had to compromise with a very strong Democratic Lt. Governor, Bob Bullock. After leaving office and "becoming" President (thanks, 5-4 vote), he fell under the influence of some bad people, as you point out, like his VP, for instance.

Anyway, I don't miss him, no way, no how.

#18 Deckard, Aug 3, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2016
  19. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

He was a bad student. Failed at pretty much all the business he ran, but kept getting better jobs. At least the other presidents had to work a little to make it to the top. He represents nepotism at its finest.

20. Buck Turgidson

Nobody misses him, but he was a good Governor, and I think he is a genuinely good person. Then he was President and things went to ****, and he made them sh!ttier. Like I said, he was just way in over his head and had the wrong people around him for that time and place.

Stupid Florida.