1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Lies A-Plenty] Trump's 2019 SOTU

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by CometsWin, Feb 5, 2019.

1. mick fry

mick fry Member

Would you say the same about NewRox who is by far worse than anyone in this forum?

dachuda86 likes this.
  2. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

[​IMG]
    That looks like close to 17 posts per day...but it took me a few minutes to prepare this post so it is of course already out of date.

Pizza_Da_Hut likes this.
  3. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

honestly, newrox has never caught my attention in the same way that os trig does with all his posts.

they have roughly the same amount of posts, but newrox has been here for 12 years longer. "incessant" is a subjective term, but imo, that volume of posts would qualify as such.

4. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

already posted

5. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

6. jcf

jcf Member

I know you inidicated that you weren't trying to be mean -- and Os agreed with -- but it looked like kind of an ******* take to me. This site would die out without some long time active posters (who can switch out over time) who drive the conversation and the traffic.

I can tell if people are deciding who is a "good" or "bad" poster based on whether they agree with their take. If so, IMHO that is a flawed way to judge. I think the best posters provide content, spark debate and conversation and don't go out of their way to be jerks or score cheap points (although we all can be jerks from time to time).

Frankly, a lot of time I would rather read a well written article that I had not seen before than some one line pile on comment.

You are entitled to your opinion obviously and Os appears not to care, but from my perspective you are barking up the wrong tree.

Os Trigonum likes this.
  7. jcf

jcf Member

By the same token, newrox is prolific and completely one-sided, but he posts information for us to digest. Not that it matters (or that he cares), but I'm glad he is here. Adds to the site. Not to be mean, but my only impresion/recollection of you is these two semi-crappy emails directed at Os.

8. Buck Turgidson

And when the answer is "yes"?

9. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

If a majority of people's posts on this board are in this forum, and not the basketball one, i'd suggest they're in the wrong place.

10. Buck Turgidson

I wish there was still an actual conservative goldmine of twitter info that he could post as well, but we've watched so many of the old stalwarts just walk away from this President, and you combine that with the avalanche of Breitbart types and random blogs who are just, frankly, doling out chum for the masses.

Show me some conservative journalists that are being underrepresented here? And then *post their stuff*. Anyone from the Economist? WSJ? Weekly Standard and National Review basically bailed out on this guy a long time ago.

jcf likes this.
  11. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

So are some of the more intolerant, closed minded, left leaning posters trying here to shout down their perceived adversaries, yet again?

mick fry likes this.
  12. jcf

jcf Member

You know your posting history is visible, right?

13. Buck Turgidson

I've never posted that much in the GARM, it seems like any comment I want to make is - by the time I get there to make it - already been posted multiple times in multiple threads. I can't handle the pace and volume of the Game Threads, by the time I type something it's already 2 pages later and nobody will care what I'm saying anyway. So I just read it, and filter through the junk to get info ('cause that's all I'm really looking for).

eta: Case in point: if I posted this exact post as a reply to you in the GARM 20 minutes ago you might be the only person who ever saw it, and that's just because of the red flag in the corner up there telling you to.

#333 Buck Turgidson, Feb 7, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2019
    Rashmon and FranchiseBlade like this.
  14. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

dachuda86 likes this.
  15. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

By your sentence... you think that what I posted was good news. I guess you are a Trump supporter afterall.

16. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Try again.

17. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

LOL 30% demog

18. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

analysis of Trump's SOTU:

"Mr. Trump is posing traditional, widely held American values against the Democrats’ confusing, postmodern amalgam of identity politics and national guilt-tripping. That includes his explicit challenge to Democrats on condoning abortion at full term."​

https://www.wsj.com/articles/trump-flipped-the-opposition-11549497767?mod=hp_opin_pos2

19. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Here's a mix of editorials... for those that like op-eds:

11 opinions on President Trump's State of the Union from The New York Times, Washington Post, CNN and Fox News

https://www.deseretnews.com/article...fox-news-about-democrats-and-republicans.html

20. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

and my only impression/recollection of you is these two semi-crappy posts directed at me!

thats b/c neither of us post 20 times a day and clutter up the D&D with our "incessant" posting.

Os Trigonum likes this.