1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Larry Brown back in Philly

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by aussie rocket, Sep 26, 2006.

1. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

could be the start of an AI - LB reunion.

http://www.nypost.com/sports/knicks/ex_knick_brown_bolts_to_philly_knicks_marc_berman.htm

Larry Brown Bolts To Philly
    26th September, 2006 - 5:33 am
    New York Post - Former Knicks coach Larry Brown has already bolted town - and has moved his family from Greenwich, Conn., to Philadelphia, The Post has learned.

Brown, who is set to face Knicks owner James Dolan in high-stakes arbitration Friday in Manhattan, wanted his two children to return to their former school, the prestigious Episcopal Academy in Lower Merion, Pa.

But Brown's departure for his old haunt, Philly, where he coached a career-high six seasons, raises speculation he could soon join the Sixers' front office in an advisory capacity after he settles his contract with the Knicks, Marc Berman of the New York Post reports.

Brown's best friend in the league still is Sixers GM Billy King and Brown had a very strong relationship with Philly owner Ed Snider. The Sixers are coached by Maurice Cheeks, Brown's former Sixers assistant. When Brown bolted Orlando's pre-draft camp a day early after Isiah Thomas snubbed him last June, King, on request of Brown's wife, Shelly, flew home with him on a charter. [READ]

2. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

jesus just retire old man

3. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

ARRRGGG MATIEE!!!
    There be Gold to be Made out there!!1

Rocket River
    :D
    50 million just isn't enough these days

4. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

The Sixers have a coach that clearly isn't up to the task. LB's shadow now covers Philly again. Cheeks will be out and LB will take over before the season ends.

Tell you what: Even if LB has no intention of coaching the Sixers again, the pressure on Mo Cheeks will hasten his departure from the bench.

5. c1utchfan925

c1utchfan925 Contributing Member

i wonder what he still needs after the 50 million...must suck to pay for his taxes..

6. AzCkR

AzCkR Member

lower merion is where kobe is from.

7. Kyrodis

Kyrodis Contributing Member

and it's also the richest area in greater Philadelphia...which is the reason why Kobe has no "street cred" whatsoever.

8. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Who needs "street cred" to play All Star level basketball? Larry Bird, Grant Hill, Yao Ming, Michael Jordan?

9. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

Don't know about anyone else, but I am just sick and tired of this guy and his antics, I wish he would just disappear altogether from the NBA scene and spare all of us the pitiful 'drama queen' act...

10. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Tell me about it. I'm not going to waste everyone's time with another anti-LB tirade but I'll say this: Anybody connected with the NBA who puts LB on the payroll is disconnected from reality.

11. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

should I just keep my suggestion of JVG out and LB in to myself then? :D

12. wnes

wnes Contributing Member

Why is everybody hating on LB, who almost took Detroit Pistons to back-to-back champion just over a year ago? His one-year stint with the Knicks shouldn't overshadow his career-long success at many other teams.

I for one wouldn't mind having Larry replace Mister Van Gundy as the head coach of the Rockets.

13. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

yeah great coach. just a little sick of the dramatics.

14. dream2franchise

I see LB and JVG as from the same school, they both need self motivated players chosen to work in their system, any type of adaptation is out the window with these guys.

I think great coaches can make something work from nothing, he had a team full of offensive players in NY and tried to turn them into the Pistons.

I respect his achievements a coach, but he needs the right players around him, and those guys in Philly are definately not his type.

15. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

i think posting stuff from the NY post should be banned also...they just make **** up to compete with the ny times.

16. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Thankgod we got JVG instead of LB.

LB is one of those coaches i'd hate to have, since he bolts every couple of years.

17. TBar

TBar Contributing Member

I'm glad we missed on Brown. The emotional roller coaster is tough enough to be a fan without his scatterbrained quitting and moving. It would have been horrible -he and Francis clashing.

He is a great teacher though. Maybe the best. When he starts coaching a team they almost always get better in the beginning, but in time the team becomes very unhappy under him.

He really should retire-he will not do any better than Pat Riley in a front office job-he likes to coach the players. He will be drawn back to courtside in my opinion.

I would like to have been his agent these last 10 years. Nice fees.

18. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I can only hope for bad things to happen to Larry Brown in regards to his NBA future. The guy is a disloyal, vagabond, cheapshot, unethical stab someone in the back coach, regarding everything that happened with Rick Carlisle, the Rockets, etc.

The Rockets don't need him at all.

19. TRAVLR

TRAVLR Member

Have to agree with you on this. A tad harsh, but Larry "I'll never leave Kansas" Brown has brought this on himself with his rampant wanderlust.

20. superden

superden Contributing Member

Is anyone else surprised that he has kids still in school? The guy is like 70!