1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

JVG "Congrats to Tmac for getting out of the 1st round"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bluerap04, May 1, 2009.

1. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Karma can be a b****.

Rockets were struggling when McGrady was b****ing and moaning. No where in his wildest imagination did it occur to him that Rockets could make the playoffs, much less move on to the second round without him. Based on history, his assumption was not a bad one, considering how badly the Rockets offense was tied to him. So, he continued on with his drama. Disrespected Adelman. Disrespected his teammates.

Well, Tracy McGrady underestimated the Rockets. He underestimated Adelman's ability to coach an offense. He underestimated the Rocket team's heart and desire to win. He underestimated the Rockets team's hunger to move past the first round (irony).

Maybe by now he has figured out that a big part of the Rocket's problem this year was HIM. Had Rockets not had to deal with his drama, they would have had a better record and been sitting comfotable as a #2 seed.

I would bet my entire life savings and say that had Tracy McGrady known that Rockets would go on to the second round without him, he would have stuck around with the team. The quitter quit, and the fighters moved on.

Tracy McGrady of this year has not been that far off from the Scottie Pippen we all knew, so all the turd headed his way is the same **** that he threw at the Rockets and their fans all year long...

Approved by the Department of Basketball Justice.

2. TMac4Life#1

TMac4Life#1 Member

So i guess if the Rockets so happen to win it all then McGrady shouldn't receive his ring because he didn't play. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

3. mdrowe00

mdrowe00 Member

You know, the only thing I see wrong with this point of view...
    ...is that it's the WRONG point of view....in a good way, though.

Here we go...

You figured out that McGrady felt that, as he goes, so go the Rockets. He'd been the reason why the Rockets would win or lose EVERY GAME for a long time. That much responsibility should never have been his, not matter what you think of his mental makeup. But you think McGrady's ego kept the Rockets from improving around him? You think he kept guys like Rafer Alston for improving his jumpshot or getting Shane Battier to at least try to score more than 5 points a month? Really?

That's where your loathing of somebody gets in the way of your better judgement.

So, last season, when Yao goes down and McGrady's dragging around a bad knee and shoulder, and he plays 40-some-odd minutes a night to keep the Rockets competitive, and the Rockets respond with a totally ridiculous winning streak that they had NO business setting...McGrady somehow decides not to quit in THAT circumstance, but he decides now's the time to turn tail?

Really? Are you serious?

I understand that you don't like McGrady. You feel like you've got good reason. And you do. McGrady's never going to do or say anything to convince you that he's not the Antichrist or a confused ambiguously gay dude.

Did you just watch this last playoff series? Did You notice that Yao didn't score as much as he could have if Portland hadn't decided to swarm him with half of the Pacific Northwest? Did you notice how much of a decoy Yao was for a couple of games?

I bet you missed the part where the OTHER Rockets took advantage of a defensive strategy that disrespected THEM, and made the Trail Blazers pay for pretending that Yao was the only Rocket that could beat them.

But, to have seen all that, you would have needed to take of those "I-hate-Tracy-McGrady" glasses you're wearing.

You're right about how this season started, too. McGrady DID feel he needed to play. Nobody wanted to hear that he wasn't healthy or that he didn't need to rush back. Rick Adelman watched him the whole training camp, and let his lying eyes tell him that McGrady was better at 70% than the rest of his team was healthy. Adelman didn't need to play McGrady before he was healthy. And he shouldn't have let the thing become a referendum on McGrady's toughness or willingness to win at the team's expense.

Adelman knew after last season what he had in Tracy McGrady. Good and bad. He knew that McGrady wanted to win, and that he'd sacrifice for the team and he'd play through some adversity and all these other caveats that most of these joker's toss at the man like hand grenades.

Adelman didn't show the faith he needed to show in the REST of his team (a team he and Daryl Morey knew they wanted and needed and worked hard to put together) as long as there was a chance that McGrady was there.

That was a mistake. Adelman and nobody else is going to make people think that McGrady is anything other than a quitter or a coward. No matter how wrong or unfair that is. Adelman respects McGrady, and believe it or not, McGrady respects Adelman. But Adelman should have had McGrady sit if he wasn't ready to go, and he should have understood that everybody around here was fgoing to se that as just another failure by McGrady.

And he should have ignored it because Adelman knew better than that.

Adelman played the same game as Jeff Van Gundy did. Trusting McGrady TOO much, and other guys not enough.

But Adelman got lucky when McGrady had to shut it down. The team had to perform, just like it had to when Yao went down. They all got better, just like last year. They win with Yao largely contained, and instead of seeing that that's why ANYBODY needs a team, it's proof that McGrady somehow didn't want that to happen?

I'm not usually easy to fool. But you get a cookie from me for this argument. You got me. I did NOT see McGrady's master plan coming at all.

What would we all do without that insight?

Probably a lot better than this...

4. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

^^^ Typical McGrady apologist.

Blame it on anybody and everybody else except the guy who ruined his own season.

-Adelman should have known that Mcgrady was in his annual pouty mode! LOL! Brilliant!

-"Adelman got lucky." Now that's rich!

-"Adelman played the same game as Jeff Van Gundy did. Trusting McGrady TOO much, and other guys not enough." Are you serious???? Adelman was trying to get McGrady involved in an offense where he wouldn't be the focal point all the time. McGrady just does not move without the ball. He wants it in his hands all the time and that's why he made that stupid comment this season about not getting enough touches.

Your long post is filled with inconsistencies.

My filter for Mcgrady fans as opposed to Rocket fans has never worked better!!!

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

#44 Zboy, May 2, 2009
    Last edited: May 2, 2009
  5. Royals Ego

Royals Ego Member

i would hate to see JVG coaching another team on the west, i like this guy too much

6. mdrowe00

mdrowe00 Member

And Thank YOU, kind sir!

You got it again! I thought Rick Adelman was the coach around here. I thought he got guys to play the way he wanted, and not the other way around.

If McGrady can't or won't move without the ball, how much of that is him and not his teammates? We've all seen the ball "stop" around McGrady enough to know that that's not always on him.

Again, McGrady does what he can, and somebody says he's pouting. Got me with that one.

I like how you pointed out that Adelman's offense worked this season better than last. As if McGrady didn't move without the ball THEN and get easier looks and a few other people stepped up and made some plays. You should have jumped all over that Lakers game last March in the TC the the Rockets won, when McGrady didn't score in double figures, and Rafer Alston shot the ball out of his mind. I TOTALLY missed that. Or how, because McGrady HAD "gotten off the basketball", people actually entertained the notion that Rafer Alston was a key to the series against Utah. I couldn't have seen that with the Hubble telescope.

Forget about that 22-game win streak. McGrady pouted and sulked his way through THAT too.

I don't care about anybody thinking I'm making excuses for McGrady. He's not beating ANYBODY in a seven game playoff series. Nobody else has ever done that. And McGardy definitely wouldn't be the first.

Happy? I took a meaningless shot at him, too.

Yao would have gotten unnecessary grief if the Rockets lost to Portland. Somebody would talk about how he doesn't demand the ball enough, or how small his hands are, or how slow he is or something. Happens around here all the time.

Again! Again! This is fun!

7. buptjinhe

buptjinhe Member

It is time to move on.

8. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

No, thank you for proving my point about McGrady apologist lookig at everything and anythig to blame but McGrady!

Mcgrady wouldn't move without the ball because coach wouldn't make him.

McGrady fans' world truly has turned upside down overnite!