1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

JaMychal Green is exactly the kind of player this team needs

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Zboy, Nov 13, 2019.

1. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Yes I saw the link but it still does not explain why you ignore everything that refutes that take.

Why is That?

I love nook as a poster but he has been refuted on this by multiple outlets and other posters.

Just admit you have an agenda and stop being so thin skinned.

2. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i don't know what outlets you are citing, how about posting some links to them?

i trust Nook's take because he has consistently brought very reliable insight to this board. here's yet another post of his confirming the same:

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/index.php...int-capela-trade.299365/page-17#post-12698465

as far as your claim of me having some agenda.. basically who the F are you? i'll post whatever i want here within the rules set forth by the admins, as i have going back 2 decades. if you don't want to read my opinions on the team or agenda or whatever you deem it to be then use the ignore feature

3. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Jay Green was very close to being a Rocket.

Same thing with Dougy Buckets and Taj a few seasons ago. Within hours, the deal imploded.

itzIce, Relativist, Deuce and 3 others like this.
  4. Remlap

Remlap Member

This is why I think ALL sports should have an 'eye for any eye' rule for cheap shots:
    - If a player injures another player by an action that is considered malicious and unnecessary,
    then the perpetrator should be disqualified from play for as long as it takes the injured
    player to rehabilitate and be given a clean bill of health to play.

Would largely eliminate plays like THIS. Players would think twice
    -Pitchers throwing at the head of a batter and smashing their face
    -Baseball players 'spiking' or taking out 2nd base on DP attempt
    -Football players targeting with helmet (unnecessarily) or twisting ankles or knees (Yes, I'm looking at YOU Suh)
    -In-game fights would also count (Kermit Washington should have been banned for what he did to Rudy T)
    -I remember an incident where a hockey player came up behind an opposing player and
    took him head first to the ice and paralyzed the guy. Obviously ended the guys' career.
    The perpetrator continued to play. Would never have happened if he knew that
    he could be ending his own season or career

Of course, these incidents would be subject to league review as to intent.
    But in heated games especially, one can generally tell if something was malicious or not.

And in the recent case of Capela, not even a foul was called. Shameful

#44 Remlap, Nov 18, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2019
    tycoonchip, clutchdabear and wesbound like this.
  5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

PGeorge needed him more....

6. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I like @Nook a lot and I do trust his takes, but as with all people who have inside info, remember that they get it from a "side."

The Rockets definitely had a deal with Memphis for Temple/Green. That deal fell apart.

The "why" is the question.

@Nook has heard it fell apart because Tilman backed out. I won't say it's not true, I have no idea. What we do know is that Tilman PUBLICLY said a team screwed the Rockets over by backing out of a deal at the last minute. He was pissed about it and the reports are that it was that deal.

Now, there could be nuance here. Maybe the Rockets agreed to a deal with Memphis that had them sending EXTRA salary back to Memphis to still duck the tax, Memphis balked and didn't want the extra salary? I have no idea.

Vivi, DreamShook, joshuaao and 3 others like this.
  7. Nook

Nook Member

This is true.

Everything I hear is either from Houston or Chicago people.

This is true too. The Grizzlies and Rockets worked out an agreement that had to be approved by ownership.

What I was told is that ownership was not sure if they wanted to complete the move or see what, if any other options were available. By the time ownership agreed to take on Green, the Grizzlies had moved on.

Tillman wanted to think about it and to see what else was available. He can complain about the Grizzlies but the reality is you strike when the iron is hot. Instead Tillman ranted about the Rockets being screwed.

My understanding is that it came down to timing and the Clippers offer emerging.

FWIW supposedly this isn't the first time that this ownership has ran hot and cold on making a deal.

Hopefully they learned from it.

If Tillman really wants a deal, then pull the trigger when it is offered and don't assume that it will sit there forever.

8. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I agree. But I will also add, I don't trust anything Tilman says. My days of giving him the benefit of the doubt are over until he proves otherwise.

BaselineFade, Vivi, Dgn1 and 6 others like this.
  9. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

The continuation of *new owner syndrome.* Tilman continually learning the hard way that the NBA (and its DUAL goal of winning / profit) is not the same as the goal of JUST profit.

Vivi and Nook like this.
  10. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Not that my "vote of confidence" means much, but I tend to think of Nook as pretty reliable. I won't say infallible, but I think what you are saying is probably at least EXTREMELY close to the truth.

Vivi and Deuce like this.
  11. Nook

Nook Member

I'm certainly not infallible. I have been told a number of things that did not happen or at a minimum did not happen in the way I was told.

Vivi, Deuce, justtxyank and 1 other person like this.
  12. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

@Relativist
    @cerophilik
    @YOLO
    @amaru
    @Newlin
    @RustyHarden
    @DreamShook
    @ROXonROXonROX
    @jiggyfly

Based on Post #47 and the info in it by Nook in this thread, I think it is fair to say we had him. Tilman just needed to pull the trigger.

Codman in post #43 also says that he was close to being a Rocket.

Sorry folks but I am not giving Tilman any benefit of doubt. He has refused to take the extra step knowing very well that Harden is in his prime and we have a few years of window of opportunity left. Last year itself, a a couple of extra moves/expenditure could have made a big difference and would have netted a title perhaps.

It is very hard to land a generational player like Harden. And then it is very hard to build a contender with a really good chance to win a championship.

You might never get that opportunity again for decades so better not waste it.

Sadly, Tilman does not understand this.

#52 Zboy, Nov 18, 2019
  13. RustyHarden

RustyHarden Member

I've seen the Intel. And I don't think this is a spot to blame LTSavings Tillman. He'd be a sweet fit at 4 for us but the ship sailed

Edit. I believe nook & cod posts but nothing is ever in the bag. You do or don't. Not sure why people are crying over spilled milk here

#53 RustyHarden, Nov 18, 2019
  14. YOLO

YOLO Member

the trade interest aside which I was aware of, the rockets also had an opportunity to go after him this summer as a FA. he should of been a top priority. we didn't hear much about this and he ended up signing for less than mle. i would hate to find out the only reason they didn't really pursue him in FA is bc they would only offer him the min.

BaselineFade and Zboy like this.
  15. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

More than ever, we desperately need Morey to find creative ways to succeed, and that includes manipulating this Owner.

16. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

its not like we were going to go over the cap, so I don't even think he's that big of deal...i'd rather have house than him.