1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Celtics talking about a possible Clint Capela trade?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockets13champs, Jun 9, 2019.

1. Zergling

Zergling Member

I don't know if it's possible but Morey needs to figure out how to get Kevin Love and Tristan Thompson (Hook 'em) here.

2. D-rock

D-rock Member

Would place BOS at top of that list.

3. Mr. Turbo

Mr. Turbo Member

nah

topfive, Bo6 and D-rock like this.
  4. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

As mentioned before, I think the market is pretty soft on both Gordon and Capela - I'm sure there are teams willing to take one or both of them, but I doubt there are deals out there that make us any better competitively - if so, Morey would have jumped on them immediately. If we were willing to eat some other team's bad asset in exchange, maybe there are some long term value assets in acquiring valuable picks but again - there isn't a clear path to improving our roster today.

jcmoon likes this.
  5. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Regardless of market, Gordon can't be traded until July.

glimmertwins, Nook and D-rock like this.
  6. Vivi

Vivi Member

That's not possible unless you trade Westbrook

7. Nook

Nook Member

This.

Any trade for a player with any semi significant salary is going to involve Clint Capela.

The Rockets can only scrounge together enough salary through other means to get a player making a small salary.

It is why it was very telling that ownership would not allow the GM to take back additional players on expiring contracts in the Westbrook trade.

Ownership has tied the front offices hands again........

BigMaloe, mikol13, slothy420 and 5 others like this.
  8. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

"Win a championship at all costs"

9. Vivi

Vivi Member

To think that now we could've a 15M expiring contract and a 1st round pick on the roster, few 2nd rounders we wasted to dump other minor contracts and maybe even another young player bought in the 2nd round...

mikol13 and topfive like this.
  10. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Tilman's like my wife when she goes into Anthropologie (the root word of which is "Apology".......for the prices). She'll look at all the stuff up front, then quickly head to the back room where the sign says ON SALE. There's seldom anything nice back there, though, and almost never in the size she needs.

Bobby Jackson Rules and hakeem94 like this.
  11. topfive

topfive CF OG

"...except Luxury Tax costs, of course."

mikol13, J Sizzle and Dacamel like this.
  12. topfive

topfive CF OG

Yeah, this has got to be frustrating as hell for Morey. First the new owner ties his hands by making him do gymnastics to avoid the LT, then he leaves him hamstrung with almost no assets to work with for acquiring help. Add to that the "Hey, he doesn't speak for me!" response to the Hong Kong tweet, and you have a very difficult, probably tense situation in which DM is working these days.

BigMaloe, slothy420, D-rock and 2 others like this.
  13. Dacamel

Dacamel Member

Harden and Thompson do not like each other because of Khloe. Plus Thompson is not worth what he makes. I would trade Capela for Tako Fall and some lobster rolls. Capela looks like he has maxed out his potential.

14. CRJ713

CRJ713 Member

Taco Fall/ with Gordon Hayward for Clint Capela and Ben McCalmore/ 2nd Round Pick

Dacamel likes this.
  15. topfive

topfive CF OG

Who starts at center for us? 47-year-old Tyson Chandler? Not-ready-for-prime-time Hartenstein?

D-rock likes this.
  16. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I can assure you it's impossible

topfive likes this.
  17. Nook

Nook Member

Yup and that was all at the demand of ownership.

What I think people don't get is that no one is saying that ownership should jump into the luxury tax forever. The idea was that the Rockets had arguably the best player in the world and were an injury to Chris Paul from winning a title...... in those circumstances you go into the luxury tax and then when rebuilding slash payroll.

Right now we could have Anderson's expiring deal and a #1 pick playing for us with D'Anthony Melton on the bench.

The other possibility is that we could have JaMychal Green and Garrett Templeton on this roster.

Green stretches the floor and has the ability to play the 4 and 5 and Templeton is a very good defender that can play three positions.

That doesn't even consider ownership letting Ariza walk.

BigMaloe, slothy420, Deuce and 5 others like this.
  18. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

You'd definitely have to make it worth their while - probably in the form of draft picks.

In the scenario I posted in the random trade thread - involving Boston , Minny , Houston and Brooklyn … Boston getting Capela and getting out from under Haywards contract sending out Smart - they'll have to add some picks to even the trade.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yympd9hu

I dunno how to post the actual image ….

Allen would be at the top of my wish list if we were sending out Capela in such a deal but there are others you could substitute …. but the idea is that you not only bring in a quality 3/4 but that you get a Capela replacement too - even if not quite as polished in the pick and roll aspect.

19. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Its like you read my mind ….

Don't forget about 3 years of not spending the MLE …. Oh we're saving it for the buy out market.

Pringles likes this.
  20. Vivi

Vivi Member

Ariza turned into Oubre too fwiw...better not even think about that.

mikol13, slothy420 and D-rock like this.