1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is MCW the key to success?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jsingles, Nov 2, 2018.

1. YOLO

YOLO Member

that would then require to build this team differently bc the guys around harden/paul aren't great passers or creaters

HP3 likes this.
  2. hajkov

hajkov Consummate Member

3. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

You are right, he's not bad he's just outdated. He has skills...but they just don't apply to the modern game.

Well, it also matters who you surround him with. Ben Simmons for example also can't shoot. He doesn't even attempt 3 pointers basically, but everyone around him can shoot. Even Embiid can knock down a 3 or 2 per game. So it works out for him.

dreamshakin, HP3 and daywalker02 like this.
  4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I am very interested in Simmons..... I hope he at least develops a jumper. May it be just a long 2 pter/midrange.

5. MystikArkitect

I’ll be honest, I was excited about MCW like I was when I found that old Dell XPS laptop from college in my closet. I booted it up and then realized I couldn’t really mess with the internals and it was actually useless.

Had hope though.

6. LorneMalvo

LorneMalvo Member

No you don't. Why would every player in the league humiliate this guy but somehow two elite guards would get trouble from him? Has a genuine hortoble player ever done well against elite guys?
    Michael Carter-Williams isnt particularly good at anything, hasnt been for years now.

7. icewill36

icewill36 Member

little to no minutes for Mcw has definitely helped the team. same thing happened with the thunder. they removed patterson from the starting lineup and are now on a 5 game win streak.

hakeem94 likes this.
  8. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

@Carl Herrera

9. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

You do not win rookie of the year in the NBA and not be good at anything. He pushes the ball with pace and can finish at the rim, he's also a capable passer. He can still do these things.

The issue is it's very hard to be a guard in the NBA with no shot.

dreamshakin, jboslett and bj3175 like this.
  10. bj3175

bj3175 Member

He needs someone to teach him a floater. He has got good length. It seems he gets in the lane and does not know what to do

11. ThunderStruck

ThunderStruck Member

Preseason is the worst, always gives false hope. Guys like MCW ball out against teams playing at 75% while they are going 100% and make people think they are good.

Reeko likes this.
  12. icewill36

icewill36 Member

its seems like it went to his head though. in preseason he was doing things in the flow most of the time and not forcing things. he started thinking he can do more than he is capable of and has been embarrassing himself.

13. ThunderStruck

ThunderStruck Member

He won rookie of the year because the rookie class was weak, he was a 23 year old rookie, and the Sixers were very happy to let him put up stats and lose games for draft picks.

Same reason KJ McDaniels averaged 9 ppg as a rookie then never got close again.

Tony Wroten who was actually two years younger than rookie MCW was averaging 17/3/5 on that same team while shooting better and turning it over less before he got injured.

He isn't very good at any skills at the NBA level, but he's not bad finishing at the basket and can get to the line. He can pass, but he's too turnover prone, and not good enough at other things where you overlook it. It's a uphill battle for a 23 year old rookie who still can't shoot at 27 years old and isn't good enough at any other thing to stay on the floor.

jboslett likes this.
  14. LorneMalvo

LorneMalvo Member

He's a 56% at the rim guy in his career. That's dreadful.

15. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

How much is mcw paying us? Lmao he sucks.

16. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

It being a weak class has not much to do with it, it's not like he won the award averaged 5/5/5. He played well in the NBA. The person I was replying to said he had NO skills.

He has some skills, he out runs most people on the floor dribbling the ball, that's a skill that many NBA players do not have and you just said that he can finish at the basket and get to the line and he can pass. That's what I was saying.

Far from being someone who can do nothing in the NBA. He has NBA skills, it's just not a good combination of them for today's game.

Actually, not for a guard.

Westbrook shot 58% at the rim
    Dame 54%

It's not dreadful at all, it would be bad for a big though.

I think if he was surrounded by the right team he'd look a lot better. Not amazing, but he could look like a decent player.

17. riko

riko Member

I can see us Cutting him once Knight returns or trading him in december

18. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

On this election day, I voted for MCW.

19. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

He had a dream where the role of MCW was played by Shaun Livingston. Just another reason why I LOVE Darnelle and his infatuation with matching up and beating the warriors.